• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vegas Smash Pro Tour

Vicko

Smash Journeyman
As posted on my Myspace group:

BTW I felt this deserved its own thread because of its nature. If you want to discuss OTHER Vegas tournaments/smash happenings, please post here:
Vegas Smash Announcements

Ok so I've been talking about this for a while now, and now I want to make it a reality, being now that I have the time (LAWL).
I want to have Vegas regional tournament tour, spanning all areas of Vegas, to decide who is the best smasher/team/crew.

This will be decided by the following:
-SEVERAL tournaments around vegas, with the top smashers at each tournament competing at a Vegas Finals for a grand prize and bragging rights.
-Allowing several winners and then ultimately deciding on one.
-Reaching out to the smashers that cannot make it to the biweeklies/whatevers.

BEFORE i get a bunch of messages and random questions, I will answer several things which I can foresee being asked.
1. This tournament series is still being developed. There are, as of yet, NO established locations, times, prizes, entry fees, etc.
2. The rules will be MLG standard or a variation of such that we use at the biweeklies.
3. If you qualify at a location, you cannot enter any other tournaments (of this series) until the finals. Example: 3 top smashers win at location #1. They cannot compete at location #2 as this would not allow other smashers from that location to proceed to the finals.
4. If an entrant does not qualify to advance to the finals, they will have as many chances as they want to qualify by re-entering the other qualifiers. Example: A player gets last place at the first qualifier. They can then enter the 2nd qualifier, and so on, until they either qualify or quit.
5. I have not yet decided how many qualifers, locations, or finalists there will be.

With that being said, I am open to any suggestions and more importantly, I am looking for hosts to hold the qualifiers. If anyone is available to clear out a room/section of the house for about 30 people each. If necessary, I will also provide a cap if you aren't allowed to have that many people over.

Now GO! Ask around for hosts and practice! I want to make this big! With Brawl just around the corner (TBA 2007) we only have a little time to play Melee to the fullest!

-Vicko

Top Bottom