• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

various stage woes

Kati

Smash Lord
Let's see... so

pirates freezes part way through a match. There is a .rel file that edits its hazard properties such as the bomb's damage. There is also a texture edit in its .pac file.

Corneria freezes about 37 seconds into a match. Nothing has been edited.

I am using pw's stage expansion with libertyernie's classic stage pack theme, so I also have sector z. It also freezes part way through.

Finally, with yoshi's island, the game freezes at the very end of a match. I am using Akira's lost wood's version that sports a background swap as well as the tree from green greens; however, I edited some textures and the lighting.

so you can see the trouble I am having diagnosing these problems. I can't tell if its a .rel file or .pac file as some stages don't use any at all and still freeze.

any ideas?

Peach Kong

Smash Rookie
Is it just with those stages, or is it with all of them?

For your problem with Yoshi's Island, test it out on another stage. If you get a freeze then, you may need a custom random code.

Kati

Smash Lord
ah it is just these stages. My last sentence did make that sort of ambiguous though.

An update: both corneria and sector z freeze after 23 seconds.

Pirates works fine when I take out the .pac file. I forgot that I also edited the collisions to make the ledges solid.

A custom random code? is that meant to enable custom stages to be picked when random is chosen?

Peach Kong

Smash Rookie
If it was freezing after every match (or half of them), you may need to include a custom Random code in your GCT. Its a code that determines the characters that can be selected by random. I know I've stopped many of my freezes because of this code.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it would help you here.

Top Bottom