• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vanishing Counter

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
So idk if this was already known or isn't very useful, but

while I was trying to learn the Sliding Counter, I tried messing around with Palutena's spot dodges and rolls... and I found out if you do a spot dodge, you can input Counter while you're invisible and you'll come out of it using Counter, so I think you're invulnerable when coming out of the spotdodge (except to grabs obviously). It might be able to punish a smash attack?

Rolls... you can counter as soon as the roll ends but I think she's vulnerable. Sliding Counter would probably be better in that situation.

Edit: Duh. You can use literally ANYTHING out of her spotdodge haha. Still, it's nice to stay invulnerable.

Last edited:

BKTang'

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Konjiki-Jizo
3DS FC
1950-9517-4990
Spotdodge is when you dodge and stay at the same place right (R + down)? I'm not really familiar with the english vocabulary for smash :)

This reminds me something in a video, but I thought it was just attacking after dodging, and nothing spectacular! So if you do some inputs during a spotdodge, Palutena will immediately attack while being invulnerable?
Is this particular to her? It sounds like any character can do that.

-Jax

Smash Apprentice
There's still a period while you're vulnerable between your down-b and counter after some testing, so you won't be able to punish long/multihit moves, I don't know how useful this might be, but it seems like a nice thing to throw out every once in a while I guess. If you have an annoying rushdown opponent that's highly likely not gonna do anything you can out-speed at close range I can see this being a nice tool. :drshrug:

Last edited:

Night_kat33

Smash Rookie
Not trying to be a D-Bag but I am also a Palutena Main.... ish. I just kind of wish she was better. But I digress.

What you are describing is usually referred to in fighting games as "buffering" Which is basically mashing or holding an input while something else is going on to get another move to go off... if that makes sense.

I will say though, buffering in moves seems much easier in this game in general, so I doubt its a Palutena specific tech.

Top Bottom