• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vanish re-appear angle in 1.1.1?

PierceHardwood

Smash Rookie
I don't know if it's just me. I seem to remember remarking to another Sheik main that, unlike Melee, Sheik in Smash 4 for Wii U could only re-appear in one of eight angles after the explosion from Vanish. (:GCU:, :GCUR:, :GCR:, :GCDR:, :GCD:, :GCDL:, :GCL:, and :GCUL:.) If you went between two of those directions it would commit fully to only one of them at a 45degree angle.

Now 1.1.1 has come and in practice mode I noticed you can re-appear at way more angles, like between :GCU: and :GCUR: for example. I feel like before the patch, when recovering from below the stage, I sometimes either had the option to do :GCU: and potentially miss the ledge as I appear beside it, or do :GCUR: and potentially go under the stage if not careful.

Does anyone have two setups where they can test this? Is it just my imagination, has Sheik always had 360 theoretical degrees of re-appearance with Vanish before this in Smash 4 for Wii U? Or did she only used to have 8 and this is a new thing in 1.1.1?

Virgman

Smash Apprentice
In regards to the eight standard angles, Sheik has always had about two angles between each one. It was like that in Brawl, and when Smash 4 came out, I went ahead and tested it out. It's the same. She has roughly 24 angles, if not more.

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
She has roughly 24 angles, if not more.
Yo if someone could get some visual representation for that (similar to this) that would be a great thing to add to the Sheik database.

I'll probably get onto that in a week after Uni ends for the year but someone can take up the mantle in the meantime if they want.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
I just looked into this; Virg is correct. It is only an illusion that you can reappear anywhere.

Last edited:
Top Bottom