• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vallejo's Finest Tourney!!! (RESULTS)

SmAsHeRiFiC

Smash Rookie
This tourney wasn't posted in smashboards but the next one will... Just wanted to let you know how well it ran and that the next time will be BIGGER AND BETTER!!! I'm not the host but I helped the host with the tourney... i'm the one who said "watch this match".. but anyways i hope you enjoy the videos and hope you guys join the next tourney!!!

From John John (THE HOST)
On Saturday March 22nd 2008, a tournament to set the pace of the Super Smash Brothers Brawl Community will be set. Competitive players and others who claim Brawl as a glorified hobby will get together to see who's the best in the game. Besides the competition, the event is nothing out of the ordinary, but a simple get together with some good people just having a good time.

RESULTS:

One on One
1. Justin Junio
2. Wu
3. James Camerino
4. Andrew Castillo
5. JC
6. Erow
7. Auriel
7. Daren Bacal
9. Damien
9. Anthony
9. Gerard Camerino
9. Ryan Ordonez
13. Richard
13. Chris Niles
13. Randal
13. Mark Espiritu

Teams
1. Man Love (Justin Junio & Andrew Castillo)
2. Bucket of Hot Moneys (Wu & Auriel)
3. M.A.J.I.C (Joe Umali & Mark Espiritu)
4. Super (Anthony & Randal)
5. The Cast (James Camerino & Damien)
5. Whatevez (Marc Dayan & Raymond Francisco)
7. Team Names (Gerard & Chris)
7. Deluna Brothers (Gino & Kevin Deluna)
9. Team D (Daren Bacal & Dave)
9. Ranked 4 & 5 in Japan (Jason & James)
9. Gaming (Matt Gonzales & Dom)
12. JDoozy (Richard & Justin)

Everything ran well and there were so many good matches - unfortunately, we only recorded the finals. A good amount of people showed up and we ended around 6:20pm - enough time to do something on a Saturday night.

Now, some comments about the players. There were so many good players and I can't name them all, so I'll just comment on the top players in the rankings:

Once again Justin Junio rules the planet. As other players were talking about strategies, Justin was sitting back socializing and joking around. His Toon Link was played so well and he became vicious with his Chain Grab with King Dedede in the finals.

Wu and Auriel were also very impressive. They had a very nervous match in teams against The Cast, setting the standards of the day as it was the first match played at around 12:13pm. Wu did very well, but fell short with his Ganondorf in the finals. Auriel fell 7th in singles losing to Soul Caliber expert - JC.

Andrew Castillo obviously did well but had lost a really close one on one match against James Camerino. Though winning 1st on teams, his lost brought him to 4th. He spaced well with his Marth and even displayed his spiking skills.

James Camerino was the feared Metaknight at the event. Very quick and aggressive, all his matches were close but was just shy of gaining a victory against Wu.

Team M.A.J.I.C got 3rd in teams and did well. They held up when it came to playing the top guys but there is still that ceiling that stops them from making first.

JC was known as a top Soul Caliber player and brought over his fighting game fundamentals in the world of Super Smash Brothers Brawl. Doing well as he beat a big player, Auriel.

The youngest player, Erow was quick and won his way to 5th. Known to talk a lot, that may have given him the edge in the beginning, but it was not enough to beat Andrew Castillo or Justin Junio.

IN CONCLUSION:
Some ask if there will be another - yes, I plan on doing another event and it will be bigger and better with more money to be placed and so more money to be gained. Overall, thank you to the people who helped me run the event including Kristine Paningbatan for the pictures, the production by Nico Rafael (www.youtube.com/nrafael) and Darryl Gontenas (who also did the editing) - Heroes Unite & Raw Talent Productions - and thank you to everyone that came.

TOURNAMENT VIDEO
http://youtube.com/watch?v=J0LxNfLZD0Q

TEAM FINALS
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Tc3wR3PXmmM

SINGLES FINALS
http://youtube.com/watch?v=F-mKB9gWcIs

itsSMASHtastic

Smash Apprentice
Naota were you at the Silverpine Tourney? Just wonderin.

As for my input in the tourney... it was a small, non-advertised, tournament to see the competition for our group of friends in Vallejo. There were about 20 total competitors. So assuming that a majority of the past players return, then hopefully the next tournament will bring in a full 32 man singles tournament, hopefully more.

The tournies itself were ran rather smooth, with a nice 46-50 inchish DLP to decide the finals matches. Tournament ran from about 12-6pm with an hour break for food in b/w teams and singles.

The competition seemed pretty good. Not too sure how competition is around other places, but Vallejo in the past has measured itself pretty nicely during the beginning stages of Melee, so I'm confident that newcomers wont be disappointed in our skills. Heck... if we suck that bad well thats an easy $100 or so in your pockets.

So I guess this post its just a big advertisement for the next tourney. I encourage any of you Bay Area folk to come by the next Silverpine Tournament. It had a great environment for Smash with recorded matches, real time post play interviews, and crowd reactions. Good stuff.

REL

Smash Apprentice
Silverpine tournament was too good! John John hosted a great tourney, and it was awesome to see what kind of competition Brawl brought. Met some really good players and I gave them props during the tourney and I doubt any of them really use the forums so no need here. Next one is going to be really good. Can't wait.

SmAsHeRiFiC

Smash Rookie
i know there's a section for results but i posted it over here cause not many people look at the results area and i know more people will see this post from this area

ZEM86

Smash Cadet
Your tournament looked awesome! My friend went to it and said it was a blast!
When will the next tournament be? The Big PimPin crew wants to go and some of the Davis crew as well!

SmAsHeRiFiC

Smash Rookie
not to certain when the exact date will be.. but maybe this april 26...

Don't rely on it but PLEASE bring your crew when we do have one and show people the Video!

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Wow not only is it Smasherific, but Smashtastic too?

I live in Novato when I'm not in school if you guys wanna smash sometime. I came over to someone's house in Vallejo like 2 years ago but I don't remember whose it was. Some guy had crazy IC tricks that's all I remember.

SmAsHeRiFiC

Smash Rookie
sure! but i live in sac cause of school and itssmashtastic lives in san jose but we're from vallejo... but maybe on april 26 or may 3 will be the next tourney! we will post this time and we will still record the event as well

ZEM86

Smash Cadet
Sounds great, we'll be there!
You guys should totally come to our tourney on saturday the 12th, since your in sac, its like a 15mins drive = )!!!
Anyways, enough of me rambling! Can't wait!

Top Bottom