• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Valkyria Chronicles Discussion Thread - We never got the 3rd game

Booster

Smash Lord
So guys, what do you think of the Valkyria Chronicles games?

Also, if you live in Japan, Valkyria Chronicles never made it outside of Japan and when I say "We", I mean most of the world didn't get the 3rd game. Sure you can eMuLaTe the game on your PC and add an english patch, but what kind of douchebag wants to play PSP games on their Gaming PC?

So yeah, we never got the 3rd game. I like the series, I can say after playing the 1st game and the 2nd game that the first game is alot more fun to play, but the second game has more, but shorter fights, which isn't a bad thing because some fights in the first game last while and if you share a PS3 with other people...

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Just grabbed it the other day, been waiting until I have a completely free day to get started on it.

Booster

Smash Lord
Just grabbed it the other day, been waiting until I have a completely free day to get started on it.
They're all good games, but I've had battles on the PS3 version that take as long as 30 minutes, you have so many moves and you need to think of a plan too. I recall this one fight against the main antagonist taking 2 hours, he had the most powerful mobile fortress I ever saw in a game.

finalark

SNORLAX
I played a bit of VC2 on PSP a long while back. I really enjoyed it, never got a chance to play any of 'em in full, though.

Been thinking about picking up VC1 on PS3, but I've been occupied with ToS, work and school primarily.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I loved the heck out of the original, VC2 was also really good but the main characters were a bit dull.

Honestly SEGA makes some amazing RPGs, it's a shame they don't get the same attention as some other franchises/companies. I would love to see a 4th game in the series for PS4/One/Wii U.

Booster

Smash Lord
I loved the heck out of the original, VC2 was also really good but the main characters were a bit dull.

Honestly SEGA makes some amazing RPGs, it's a shame they don't get the same attention as some other franchises/companies. I would love to see a 4th game in the series for PS4/One/Wii U.
I'd love to see that too but it wouldn't make it outside of Japan. BUT if it was on PS4/XboxOne (Not that Sega will give One a good exclusive) people could play with a translation guide.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Sega likes to ignore their SRPGs after awhile.

Heck, even after Sega acquired Atlus, Devil Survivor 2 3DS has been in limbo. lol

Booster

Smash Lord
Sega likes to ignore their SRPGs after awhile.

Heck, even after Sega acquired Atlus, Devil Survivor 2 3DS has been in limbo. lol
It may not even make it outside of Japan, though to be fair even since Sega got Atlus every Shin Megami Tensei game for PS2 can now be bought and played on PS3. Sega buying Atlus is a mixed bag.

But is this a Sega discussion thread? Sure why the **** not you're the boss x)

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Valkyria Chronicles is such a great game. The story was extremely paint by numbers (was anyone surprised by anything that happened?), and the final stage was a bit underwhelming, but everything else was just so good.

Also, Marina Wulfstan <3

Top Bottom