• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VA SMASHERS

Orangeforce

Smash Cadet
I'm looking to start hosting weekly tournaments in/around RVA. If anyone know of a venue that would take us, please PM me with the details. If anyone would like to get in on this venture as a TO or any other administrative position just contact me.

Orangeforce

Smash Cadet
Ok we are drawling close to finalizing a plan so stay tuned! Should have pretty concrete details on Friday or Saturday!

Orangeforce

Smash Cadet
Give me slightly more time to secure setups and such, I just moved so things are a little hectic!

Dominic Jackson

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm a 13 year old and I'm looking for some local tourneys. I started off playing brawl the after after it came out when I was two months till 8. I got good at it last until I beat my brother a lot.

Eventually I found out that they had casual tourneys at our local library. So at nine I started going and getting my butt kicked. then I decided to get serious with the game and I practiced a lot.

when I went back the next month and I destroyed everyone. I had grown so much my brother was no match for me. Then i eventually stop playing as much due to the hard work of being in my middle schools jazz band, but i found time to start playing again.

Too un-rust faster after a lack of training,I looked at smash on YouTube. You can probably guess what happened next. I thought L cancels and DACUS' and all these other crazy things that I didn't even know existed. Still, this story is probably very predictable. So I worked harder and harder until I reached the level of sucess that I'm at today.

Now I need a challenge. A tournament. A competitive tournament. But I can't find any in state. I live in Fredericksburg, VA. 30 miles below DC if there is something happening nearby (preferably 45 miles or less/ if not just tell me anyways.) Or if you are starting a tournament please tell me know, or guide me to another source.

Orangeforce

Smash Cadet
Ok guys things are pretty final. Starting Friday the 29th I will be holding weeklies every week. 5:30pm registration 6:00pm tournament start at the VCU Academic Learning Commons (ALC) 1000 Floyd Ave, Richmond, VA, Rm# 2107. There is no venue fee but entry will cost 5$. I will supply free pizza and soda as well. It WILL be BYOC but enough setups to run the tourney will be provided. If you would like to bring a setup it is HIGHLY encouraged and they will be plenty of space. There will lots of parking in the Fan nearby on the streets because it is a weekend. You could drop off a setup at the ALC and then go park. Caution: Parking on Floyd Ave is pay until 8 pm on that night.

Here is a map for parking around the venue.

CaptainCyan

Smash Rookie
Tourney name: BASE
Main - Falcon
Version: Melee, PM

oops meant to post this in the other thread

Last edited:

CaptainCyan

Smash Rookie
I've been playing smash for years, didn't know there were so many players in the area! I'll keep a watch out for any local tourneys I can make it to.

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
I live in Manassas. Any groups around here?

EDIT: I live close to Dumfries so anyone around there? Maybe we could meetup?

Last edited:

Laserbeamed

Smash Cadet
Got my copy of Smash Bros 4 tonight. I don't know why I am here on this forum and not playing it.

Laserbeamed

Smash Cadet
I will be glad to battle you. You just need to realize I am absolute garbage haha. My peak was like 2008ish and I can tell how off I am coming back to it.

Do you ever end up in Chester?

Last edited:

Mason Haggerty

Smash Rookie
NNID
BlacksmithMace
Hopefully, on November seventh I will be able to go to this tournament. If I go this'll be my first tournament I ever go to. I was wondering how's the atmosphere at the tournament. Will it be child friendly? Any tips for an amateur would be nice also.

Anjel

Smash Rookie
Anyone willing to meetup shoot a messege, I play melee/PM/Brawl and would enjoy going to a small event here and there.

Top Bottom