• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utilizing Wolf's throws

WhoDaThunk

Smash Rookie
I've only recently started playing Wolf, but I already love him and his combo potential. One area I'm struggling in though is following up on throws. Anyone have advice for better utilizing Wolf's throws?

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
You can follow up after up throw at low percents on pretty much everyone. Go for uair.
Dthrow and b throw are DI mix ups, you get follow ups if they expect the other one and di wrong.
Generally though, back throw gets the most follow ups because it's fast and had a great angle. Bthrow> fair works all the time

Last edited:

5ully

Smash Ace
NNID
5ully151
3DS FC
0920-2807-1002
At mid percents i like doing Bthrow to dash attack or Usmash.
Dthrow to Fsmash on spacies and low percents on mid weights

Only throws i dont know what to do with are Fthrow and Uthrow

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
Bthrow/Dthrow/Fthrow DACUS follow up on characters with average falling speed at mid-high-ish percents. Not a true combo, but its a pretty legit follow up, and the DACUS tends to shock people into freezing up, so you end up getting that up smash.

Last edited:

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
dash attack, dacus, nair, fair, uair, side b, and regrabs are all potential follow ups. wolfs grab game is dirty. you shouldnt have any problem following up if you act quick enough.

SuperCoffeeBros

The Better, Faster, Cheaper Custom Controller
Wolf can tech chase very well with his down throw. d-trow wavedash forward puts you in a good position for a regrab, you have to read the roll though.

Top Bottom