• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utilizing Puff's U-tilt?

MrWeavile

Smash Apprentice
Being that it's such a useful tool, I'm looking into using it a lot more in situations where I'd choose other options. What would be the optimal times to use U-tilt that wouldn't just result in a hard punish like it usually does? I.E. U-smash OoS

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Utilt is pretty bad to be honest. It barely has a hitbox. It's very punishable on block and whiff. It also requires you to be dangerously close to your opponent. The reason it's useful is because it's almost always a free kill. If it doesn't lead into a rest kill you should consider other options that do the same thing. For example Uair or grab.

If you condition your opponent into shielding and you do a lot of tomahawks you can instead jump behind them, wait for a split second then Utilt. If they jumped or released their shield they will get hit by it for a free kill. If not it's much harder to punish when hit behind.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
For me, u-tilt is really only ever used to combo into a rest. U-air into u-tilt into rest is amazing on midweights like Doc or Shiek (not sure if they're actually midweight but you get the idea) and spacies around 60-80%. I think it is a very useful tool, but don't get into the habit of trying to bait it too often, because I've formed that habit and it's really bad for me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom