• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

uthrow > uair guaranteed %'s in certain MUs

ctOph

Smash Rookie
Maybe I just suck at searching, but I've scoured the guides, forum search, and google and can't find this data anywhere.

I'm fully prepared to load up the 20xx pack and do this research myself, but before I spend a chunk of time doing it I was wondering if anyone knows if this data is posted somewhere.

I'm looking for uthrow > uair guaranteed %'s vs the higher tier chars, so fox, falco, falcon, marth, peach, shiek, puff, doc. Or even just all the chars. Assuming no DI. By guaranteed I mean that I can uthrow > uair before they're out of hitstun in the air.

I find myself playing against my friend who mains peach, and I'll go for the uthrow > uair and sometimes I can't reach him, or sometimes he spams nair and gets me before I can get the uair off, and I just want to know what those % ranges are for each character.

Also similar question to avoid making a new thread about this, how do I chaingrab fox/falco with uair if they're DIing heavy? I can do it no problem if there's no DI or slight DI up to ~50%, but when they do the heavy DI I just can't get there fast enough. Yes I'm JCGing and I've also tried wavedashing to get there faster and I can't seem to get it. Either there's a trick I'm missing or I'm just not moving fast enough, I'd like to know if it's the former before I keep practicing something that's not working lol.

Thanks in advance.

BO/\K

Smash Apprentice
Did a quick run through of uthrow uair percents. I'm sure these are off, but they should all be pretty close. "+" indicates it combos until at least 150%.

Dr. Mario: Never
Luigi: Never
Peach: Never
Captain Falcon: 64%+
Ganondorf: 65% - 143%
Falco: 30%+
Fox: 29%+
Ice Climbers: 40% - 65% (this one was annoying so I might be way off on the ending percent)
Samus: Never
Sheik: 20%+
Jigglypuff: 0% - 90%
Marth: 19%+
uthrow uair isn't a true combo on peach, but if you space/time it right you can still hit it pretty consistently.

There's a post of percents on the upthrow CG/upsmash/uair combos somewhere but I didn't bookmark it. I'll search for it and edit this post with a link if I do find it.

ctOph

Smash Rookie
Oh wow it isn't? I was always under the impression it was because of seeing it happen so often at high level matches, and of course the famous magn0 genesis 2 dash dance uthrow uair: youtube.com/watch?v=mk09c6iLLdU&t=0m20s

Good to know, though and thanks for the reply.

BO/\K

Smash Apprentice
Yeah it isn't a true combo, but it is a soft string. A lot of fox things are "soft" strings instead of true combos by nature of him being fast and having stupid moves -.-

P 1

Smash Cadet
uthrow uair isn't a true combo on peach, but if you space/time it right you can still hit it pretty consistently.

There's a post of percents on the upthrow CG/upsmash/uair combos somewhere but I didn't bookmark it. I'll search for it and edit this post with a link if I do find it.
this is all based off of No DI?

is it also applicable for hard DI right / left?

Kaeon

Smash Cadet
At certain percents, upthrow-->upair may only connect if the Fox makes the correct DI read. In some matchups, upair may never work at all. But in a lot of matchups Fox gets super free upair followups or, if not, great mixup potential. Regardless of the matchup, this position is absolutely terrible for Fox's opponent.

Top Bottom