• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

uthrow to fsmash combo vs. fast fallers

MattyMutt

Smash Cadet
I was pondering this the other day, specifically why I never see any high level falcons doing it really. It works around 70-90% against spacies, and I think similar percents against falcon as well. I've even had it connect against shiek before but I have no idea at what percent or if it's even a true combo, so don't quote me on that. It's got more kill power than SH knee and it's much easier to land, so I don't see why you wouldn't go for it. On top of that, it works on all DI but down and away, and there's enough hitstun on uair at that percent that you can react to the DI away with an easyknee or nair/uair -> knee. Anybody better than me at melee who can shed some light on why this setup isn't utiluzed more often?

タオー

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1146-8863
I feel it's not utilized as often cause SH knee has less cooldown frames, and it's easier for your opponent to DI fsmash. I still think it's a good option, but SH knee should be the preferred method, and use fsmash as a mixup

KingKirb

Smash Journeyman
I feel it's not utilized as often cause SH knee has less cooldown frames, and it's easier for your opponent to DI fsmash. I still think it's a good option, but SH knee should be the preferred method, and use fsmash as a mixup
Which is more powerful, fsmash or knee?

SoapSuds

Smash Apprentice
Fsmash is stronger, especially if knee is stale. But like he said, it's easier to di and has way more cooldown frames if you have to edge guard them afterwards.

タオー

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1146-8863
Which is more powerful, fsmash or knee?
Concerning raw power, Fsmash does more base dmg at 20% uncharged, the knee doing 18% on the strong hit. However, Knee sends them at a lower trajectory, where Fsmash sends them at roughly a high 45 degree angle.

Last edited:
Top Bottom