• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UTAMA Toronto Jan 17 09 Singles Tournament Result

LeoF

Smash Rookie
University of Toronto Anime and Manga Association had a fundraiser gaming event that included a Brawl tournament. 5 dollar entry with 41 participants. Metaknight was banned.

1. Carter (Samus)
2. Hien (Pit)
3. Jim H (Falco)
3. Cameron (Marth)
5. Ronald T. (Marth)
5. Jay P. (Rob)
5. Krishna P. (Various)
5. Anthony D. (Marth)

I asked around about what they thought about Metaknight being banned. Had interesting responses. Every single person I asked first said it was unnecessary, but when I asked for clarification, they all stated that if MK wasn't banned, a lot more people would use them (some said the majority) and that we weren't pulling in as many people because MK was banned. I think that's grounds for banning but I suppose the debate continues or until people figure MK out.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Considering it was best of 1, my main was banned without any prior notice, I sd'd in my game against Carter and it was single elimination (/JOHNS), I think I did allright.

I think MK being banned is dumb. He is NOT broken, you just need to learn how to play him. Snake counters him if he doesn't get gimped, and Diddy, Falco and Yoshi are probably 55-45 in MK's favor. Also, our region is not dominated by MKs. In fact, the only notable players that main him in all of the GTA and Niagara are KingAce, JL (I think Wario is officially his secondary now?) and I guess myself. THREE PLAYERS.

But at the same time, I think the best of 1 and single elimination thing was far worse than MK being banned. Bad luck against Carter (me SDing) pretty much sealed my deal because not only is he a great player, but I have no chance to counterpick a stage or battle back in losers.

Top Bottom