• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah's Getting Ready for OC3 Biweekly

Junpappy

Smash Lord
pssssh i always have good ideas what you talkin bout foo!
Yeah like paying for reparations to layne's van so we can take it to oc3?

Or Ultimate Showdown 2 featuring pros from the east coast at the end of march!!!

Seriously, this guy's brain never stops(or starts?) working.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
Yeah like paying for reparations to layne's van so we can take it to oc3?

Or Ultimate Showdown 2 featuring pros from the east coast at the end of march!!!

Seriously, this guy's brain never stops(or starts?) working.
Shouldnt you be a work bugging people?

Ultimate showdown didnt happen because NO ONE donated (still going to happen at the end of the year depending on brawls release and when i get a job). Even IF layne LET me pay to prep his van....thats was not the only thing that was keeping him from going to OC3. They were good ideas . . . .one got shot down because no one was helping and the second was because of laynes OWN complications......they were good ideas to begin with, now go to work. if your still not at work aound 3-4 Rafa, PC, C!Z, and maybe chao will be here at FTS's

`Gojira

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Hey...what do you mean "NO ONE" donated? I donated $50!!

And Phil. If you would have been quicker about coming, you could have been there before I left. I stayed there until 8:40.

laozy

Smash Journeyman
i down to play anytime mon-thurs. i haven't played for a week and i feel like my powers are draining. nooooo my powers.....

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Well, since I haven't been able to contact RagingAsian, I might as well let him and Phil know that I can go to OC3 for sure, now. So............van onyone.......anyone at all?

Sigh*, I just realized that given another 2 weeks Northern Utah's second official thread becomes obsolete! Treasure these memories boys...

Beyond waxing nostalgic, lemme know who's driving and I'll pm you my addy, #, Social Security Number, fluffy kittens, and whatever else you need to make it down to St. George safely.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
I'm going to need the names of your fluffy cats please. Also, I'll need to know what color each one is.

laozy

Smash Journeyman
woot pc is going. so...to solve our car problem...i say we play rock-paper-scissors to see who goes and who stays. junpei and i are sooo pro at this game, we automatically move on.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
It would be better if the back consist of 4; and much safer as well. This might be possible if you can ignore the discomfort of being crammed together for 7 hours. The discomfort may be slightly forgotten if we would be playing Smash during that time (via LCD screen)...maybe.

laozy

Smash Journeyman
we've now decided....ciz can't go because of work and junpei's car is a perfect fit. the only problem now is....I NEED A PARTNER!!!
i'm going to ask Ken if he wants to team with me.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
That's good that C!Z can't go because of work. I mean, it's terrible, but it's better than someone being forced out because of something as trivial as car space.

If you guys lived in Southern Utah, transportation wouldn't be a problem. Which means you should all move here.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
We can only move down there 4 people at a time due to lack of transportation though...:(

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Pitch in to rent a U-Haul truck, and stuff everyone back there.

It's too bad that PC is coming. Now I have someone to fear for our North vs. South crew battle. :p

Psh, move down here if you will, but I'll be moving up there in two years anyways so whats the point?

So go over the plan real quick like for me again, just to make sure I don't get the wrong day off work:

Thursday. Boom! You're here. Friday morning. Kapow! You're outta here.

Is that about right?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
So go over the plan real quick like for me again, just to make sure I don't get the wrong day off work:

Thursday. Boom! You're here. Friday morning. Kapow! You're outta here.

Is that about right?
Last I heard, we're leaving around noon on Thursday. And estimating about 7-8 hours from here to St. George, we'll be there kind of late. So how does that leave time for a tournament?

Noon eh? Hmm... Well, it takes my white 95 Toyota camry with 2 10" subwoofers somewhere around 5 to 6 hours to get up to Salt Lake, but then again you guys probably have to run up the state picking everyone up... Looks like it might be a singles tournament only? Sounds peachy, but let me know if plans change.

And FYI, our houses are comfortably situated 5 minutes away from Wal-Mart, Taco Bell, Subway, Wendy's, Burger King, Random China Restaraunt (tm), Wells Fargo, and a tan and nail salon, so we've got you covered for anything you may need.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Mapquest says it's a 5 hour drive to St. George. If you want to do a full fledged tournament we could probably leave slc as early as maybe 11:00 but no earlier.

It's awesome that your houses are so close to the tanning salon. I'm glad I'll be able to look super tan and sexy as I defeat team Ken and Bombsoldier single handedly after my teammate decides to suicide 4 times without damaging the opponents. :laugh:

laozy

Smash Journeyman
why cant we leave earlier than 11? well,i dont care, just as long as i have time get my nails done by southern utahns. woot me and junpei is going to look soo sexy at oc3

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
We'll be sure to sexy you up.

Can I braid your hair, Phil?

Question 2, now that we've FINALLY gotten that out of the way. Are you guys stopping by on the way back?

laozy

Smash Journeyman
well i dont want to answer for junpei because he's driving, but im going to anyways...yes why not stop by and rest a little.

and heath, i dont think braids will do the trick...i think i might go for the simple yet sexy bandanna with a hat toped off with a ponytail look. ohhh sexy sexy...

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
:(

Phil, you obviously don't understand the concept of sexy. It's a good thing we're friends, or else I'd laugh at you.

As for the tournament, there aren't going to be more than (five plus four...) 9 people attending. Maybe 10 or 11 if our crappy friends want some of this action.

We're doing Singles, North vs. South, and ... I guess it'd be a bit late after both of those. I guess friendlies until you guys feel like sleepin'.

And BTW, Devin, it's 4-5 not 5-6.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
If it's ok with Devin I would like to stop by and stay from monday until tuesday morning. We can do non-smash stuff after we pwn everyone at OC3 if there's anything else to do in St. George.

J to the P, consider my monday free. Bring some swimsuits and we'll get you guys washed off from three solid days of smash in the finest spas Heath and I know how to sneak into.

The other stuff all just depends on whether or not you guys have the moneys, but with your delightful master of sensual lazer spammery, money shouldn't be too much of a problem after OC3 should it?

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Yeah I hear prize money will be pretty big at OC3 so I should have more than enough moneys to do stuff on our way back.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Miami Vices at Chilli's while they tell us tales of three days of smell smashing would be neat.

Green Valley, isn't exactly a great place to sneak 7 people into. We can go spelunking, or throw rocks at cars off of the mountains.

7? Psh, thats nothing! We had our high school parties there and two of those were gay guys so that counts as 7 a piece! Especially here in St. George, but thats besides the point. Lets not count the idea out yet, but Miami Vices spiced with tales of Laozy's mind games and Gojira's Gojira-ness is a definite.

But, if worse comes to worse, we can always fall back on your rock idea (n_n)b

laozy

Smash Journeyman
wow,you guys are evil. come on... throwing rocks at passing cars, u cant get more evil than that.
i prefer long walks on the beach, candle-light dinner for two, and a night alone with one of devin's cat. thats all i ask when we return from oc3.

or we can throw rocks at cars...either way i'll be happy.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Don't worry, Phil. We'll be really high up, so they won't be able to tell it was us.

Oy! Watch what you're calling evil! Throwing rocks at cars from locations easily fled from is one of St. George's oldest and proudest traditions!

Now I can't promise you guys that rocks won't be thrown while you're here, but what I can promise you is a long walk on the beach, candle-light dinner between two of you paired off as I see fit, and I'll even throw a cat into Laozy's room for a romantic evening alone. Heck, I'll even toss one in JP's room, just cuz thats the kind of guy I am!

But hey, I'm open for suggestions if anyone else has them. And now that Southern Utah has sex-sessfully taken over your thread, I'm off to bigger and jigglier things. Ciao!

laozy

Smash Journeyman
sorry sorry i didnt mean to insult anyone by calling you guys evil. you know what...to make it up to you, i'll be the first to throw the rock. oh even better, i'll roll a bolder down the cliff. oooo that'll teach people not to drive by st.george without permission.

o another thing...i heard/read that alaska also dropping by. so make sure you record their match and tell them "oh northern utah is a million times better than you guys." that'll make us look cool.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Alright, kids, Devin and I have this kind of sorted out.

Thursday's tournament is going to go as follows:

If you're all leaving at noon, you'll arrive in St. George at around 4. But since there are a lot of you, we'll guesstimate (don't you hate that word?) that you'll be here around 5:30.

You'll get an hour, maybe two so to get situated, etc, etc... then OC 2 2/3 will start!

Same rules as average UST tournaments, except using OC stages, and no stage banning. No money for admission (you guys'll need it.)

We'll also be playing a round robin tournament. We're wanting to play all of you, and want to show you guys what we're made of, so we can be considered for power rankings. We're not sure if we'll do two pools seeded into double elim, but for now, we're just doing one massive RR.

After that orgy of smash, we're doing the highly anticipated North vs. South crew battle. 5 on 5. Whoever wins that, wins Utah.

After that's all said and done, you're welcome to do whatever you guys want. Friendly, leave for food, (we can even do that before the crew battle), sleep, etc.

Housing is going to be at Devin's house. He has two beds, and a huge couch that could easily fit two. If any of you really don't feel like sharing a bed, or sleeping on the floor, or on an L shaped couch, you can crash in my motorhome. I live two minutes away from Devin.

Anyway, I can't wait to pwn all y'all. ^_^

I hope your spirits aren't too crushed for OC3. It'd be sad to see you go right back to SLC.

lengeta

Smash Ace
**jealous**

I really wish I could make this, I'm even more sad after hearing about the actual little tourny in SG. T_T

I'm still planning on driving to EVO World though, and now that we have an actual date on Brawl, my manager at FYE is working with our Nintendo rep to try and setup that release tournament. I'll also be running Snafu-comic's booth at the Anime Banzai, so I'll be at that tourny for sure too! Good luck down at OC3 you guys. Bring me back secrets!

Top Bottom