• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

bellsworth46

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know the name of the adapter we use on the LCD monitor setups at the monthly?
I don't know the name of the specific brand, but you can just google "wii hdmi adapter" and find adapters fairly easily

Edit: after looking around a bit, I believe I found the actual company to be Sewell Direct (I remember Tsuteto Tsuteto telling me once that he had gotten his from a company that made them locally, and they fit the bill). Here's a direct link to their adapter: https://sewelldirect.com/wii-to-hdmi-converter

Last edited:

Smash Journeyman
Hey dudes. I have 1-2 spots in My Hotel for Evo. If anyone is looking for a last-minute place to stay, hit Me up and I'll give You the details.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Anyone still in logan area that would want to play PM?

anthony000

Smash Journeyman
I'm not on facebook but after looking at the UtahSmash page there, this thread, and at that google doc, I gather that there is a Melee tournament tonite in SLC. Does it start at 6 or 6:30? The google doc says 6, but a post from March in this thread says 6:30. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but there is only the one consistent tourney on the weekend and that's the monthly? Thank you.

bellsworth46

Smash Journeyman
I'm not on facebook but after looking at the UtahSmash page there, this thread, and at that google doc, I gather that there is a Melee tournament tonite in SLC. Does it start at 6 or 6:30? The google doc says 6, but a post from March in this thread says 6:30. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but there is only the one consistent tourney on the weekend and that's the monthly? Thank you.
You need to be there by 6, as the tournament hard starts at 6:30, and they like to try to close sign-ups by 6. And yes, the only consistent tournament on the weekend is the monthly.

Smash Journeyman
This thread is where the cool kids hang out, but yeah, Facebook is way more active.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Hey how much longer are you staying up in Logan? I might move back so we can play smash and stuff. Im not 100% yet, but we will see!
Sounds great! 801-885-1875 :)

I'm in logan til December. Then I'm going to Georgia.

scootzy

Smash Rookie
So how many of you are in the tooele area, the 801 tournament is like 30 minutes away and when I get my wheels fixed I would be down to carpool. Let me know who's down.

ploot

Smash Rookie
Is the SLC weekly on wednesday listed under the events spreadsheet going on tomorrow? I tried going to that thursday weekly at the U a while ago and it didn't seem like it was going so I wanted to check before I try going tomorrow. I've never been to one of this before, I don't know how they work haha.

bellsworth46

Smash Journeyman
Is the SLC weekly on wednesday listed under the events spreadsheet going on tomorrow? I tried going to that thursday weekly at the U a while ago and it didn't seem like it was going so I wanted to check before I try going tomorrow. I've never been to one of this before, I don't know how they work haha.
Yes the SLC one still happens. That sheet is probably slightly out of date due to various reasons, though I wouldn't be surprised if the U one starts up again now that school is starting.

WoolMoth

Smash Rookie
Hey who's up at Utah State? I don't really know how to find people up here to play with but I'm trying to find a group and maybe get a weekly thing going.

Espurr's Eyes

Smash Cadet
Usually around 7:00 ish on Wednesdays, and 4:00 ish on Saturdays. I'm not in town for a few months, but I'm assuming these are going on still. Not sure since they usually had an attendance of less than 10. @Meleeruler probably knows more than me :)

SacredShrek

Smash Rookie
hello friends! My fox is on fire! I've been secretly training for 3 years is my basement and now I'm ready to shrek up everyone, what tournaments does that okayP kid goto I want to **** that kid at my first tourney (I have 38 days playtime logged on my melee)

Last edited:

F1SHER

scrub
Slippi.gg
FSHR#913
Hey is anybody looking for a roommate? I'm hoping to be out of my place by the end of October and I'd love to live with smashers again. this is Jaden btw, if you know me lol

DeltaCubes

Smash Rookie
Hey who's up at Utah State? I don't really know how to find people up here to play with but I'm trying to find a group and maybe get a weekly thing going.
I just moved up here, and I'm trying to get into the scene too. I would be down to play.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium

TimeliestTank

Smash Rookie
Moved out here from Indiana recently. I haven't played SSBM in over a year but I'd like to get some friendlies going if anyone in SLC area is interested. I guess the melee scene here is kind of small but that's all I play if anyone is okay with helping me get back into it.

Top Bottom