• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
speaking of never forget:
this is why you don't DI in against falcon, boys ;-)

Last edited:

Remioli

Smash Journeyman
All right nerds. The day has finally come. Second weekly Pizza and melee Tuesday at my place today. We'll be starting around four, five or six. This isn't one of your smash till dawn deals, so don't come at eleven cause we'll shut things down around midnight or one. Five dollars gets you half a large papa Murphy's pizza if you want some. Would you rather pay five bucks to get messed up in hell hole Provo or eat copious amounts of pizza?

FAQ's: how did this beautiful tradition start? Soapsuds and I played last Tuesday and got a pizza. It was beautiful.

What about wii u? There's a setup here. You find someone to play with you, and ask me ahead of time, you can play wii u. I gotta make sure the tv is free. I'll play for like half an hour before unplugging in a fit of rage.

Where do you live? Murray, Text/FB for details.

Can I borrow the five bucks for pizza? No. I put all of my faith in God. There's none left for you. You'll have to pay cash.

How dope is pizza and melee Tuesday? So dope. Almost too dope. Come through.

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
there's always copious amounts of pizza in provo since game den is next to like 3 different pizza places. there's always people who grab pizza :-p.

DarkPancake

Smash Cadet
I'm gonna try to enter more stuff, I've been kinda busy lately but I think I can find time to at least go to the Game Den weeklies. Do you ever go to those kalnoke?

kaln0ky

Smash Rookie
I'm gonna try to enter more stuff, I've been kinda busy lately but I think I can find time to at least go to the Game Den weeklies. Do you ever go to those kalnoke?
i might start going to the Provo ones since i'm working wednesday nights now. might do the pizza nights at remi's since that's a lot closer.

WHERE WERE YOU AT AUGUST BURNS RED SON
i had a pretty hectic/interesting evening and wasn't able to go :( sucks because we had tickets and they just went to waste. feelsbadman. was SGT there as well?

Last edited:

Logos

Smash Apprentice
i had a pretty hectic/interesting evening and wasn't able to go :( sucks because we had tickets and they just went to waste. feelsbadman. was SGT there as well?
Yeah he was! I didnt stay for btb, but August burns red was sick. My car got impounded from illegal parking tho :(

kaln0ky

Smash Rookie
Yeah he was! I didnt stay for btb, but August burns red was sick. My car got impounded from illegal parking tho :(
did btbam headline? i thought abr was? i still need to see both of em live. parking downtown is a *****. last concert i went to at in the venue, i ended up getting a ticket

What possible reason would You have not to stay for BTB?
if they only played stuff from their new cd, i wouldn't wanna stay

Smash Journeyman
I thought their new album was pretty solid. They already did a tour to promote it too, so I would think they would play some of the older stuff.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
What tournaments for Sm4sh happen on Tuesdays? I might come out to a few.

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
weekly results and videos:

tuesday provo melee
tuesday provo wii u

wednesday salt lake melee
wednesday salt lake wii u

shoutouts to...
... DarkPancake DarkPancake for making it out to the provo weekly after a long while!
... Critical Pixel for a great run on the wednesday weekly wii u bracket!
... @SteamFriedAsian for some good wins to make him the top-ranked falcon main in melee!
... all the new people who came out to check out the scene!

updated ratings are here:
melee
wii u

out-of-state and inactive (haven't been to a ranked tournament in over a month) smashers are now hidden in the ratings... now maybe you guys can complain about something else ;-).

Last edited:

Logos

Smash Apprentice
weekly results and videos:

tuesday provo melee
tuesday provo wii u

wednesday salt lake melee
wednesday salt lake wii u

shoutouts to...
... DarkPancake DarkPancake for making it out to the provo weekly after a long while!
... Critical Pixel for a great run on the wednesday weekly wii u bracket!
... @SteamFriedAsian for some good wins to make him the top-ranked falcon main in melee!
... all the new people who came out to check out the scene!

updated ratings are here:
melee
wii u

out-of-state and inactive (haven't been to a ranked tournament in over a month) smashers are now hidden in the ratings... now maybe you guys can complain about something else ;-).
Net above Fable like it should be.

WoolMoth

Smash Rookie
Rematched BestNess is bracket today. Did much better than last time and got really close to taking a game! All I could think of is that I wanted to rematch right after. I didn't think I had a chance going in but now I am extremely confident for the next match just need to practice the ness match up a little. I love going to these tournies. I've gotten so much better and have had a ton of fun. And getting better at this game just makes it so much more fun. Also repping the low tier hype! BestNess I'm after you next time!

Last edited:

YEP

Smash Rookie
NNID
chaoboy991
Made a new account to match better with my tag and other updated things.
Rematched BestNess is bracket today. Did much better than last time and got really close to taking a game! All I could think of is that I wanted to rematch right after. I didn't think I had a chance going in but now I am extremely confident for the next match just need to practice the ness match up a little. I love going to these tournies. I've gotten so much better and have had a ton of fun. And getting better at this game just makes it so much more fun. Also repping the low tier hype! BestNess I'm after you next time!
I'd practice with you sometime to help you to learn the MU. I kept exploiting certain things when I beat you last week.

Top Bottom