• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Tuesday

Smash Ace
Yo everyone, who is all going to Evo and who has what rides set?
My plan is to be in Provo the Saturday before Evo then drive to Vegas Wednesday or Thursday. But it'll be just 2 of us (Marcus aka Halfaspider and me) so probably room for more in the car. Hotel room is packed though, so you'd have to find your own housing.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
if you're the 7th PerfectChaos
you have to ask, are you really that Perfect?
I didn't choose the number 7 because all the other numbers before it were taken. The username is a portmanteau-like phrase of Perfect Chaos and Chaos 7, which is essentially the same thing because Chaos is named "Chaos #", where the # is the number of Chaos Emeralds that it has; but when it has all 7 Chaos Emeralds, instead of being called Chaos 7, it's called Perfect Chaos.

Last edited:

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
I didn't choose the number 7 because all the other numbers before it were taken. The username is a portmanteau-like phrase of Perfect Chaos and Chaos 7, which is essentially the same thing because Chaos is named "Chaos #", where the # is the number of Chaos Emeralds that it has; but when it has all 7 Chaos Emeralds, instead of being called Chaos 7, it's called Perfect Chaos.

Smash Journeyman
I won. rekt sotah and @ RVKYS RVKYS
Thanks to you and everyone else who came down. I'm a bit disappointed that I SDed in both of our sets, but I'll get you next time. Also, shout-outs to: @ RVKYS RVKYS @ N nqztv @soccermom @Rockmix Chimera (Who's Smashboards name I don't know) and Country-Fried Asian. If any of you guys want to stop by on the way to EVO, I'd be happy to play and/or hang out.

Last edited:

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
@ Tuesday Tuesday do you already have housing plans for when you'll be in utah? cause if not, one of my tenants is gonna be moved out, so i'll have an empty room available if you want it :-p.

@ 941 941 thanks for taking out one of our falcons. we would've had a clean sweep if it wasn't for your meddling ice climbers ;-).

RVKYS

Smash Apprentice
@ SoapSuds SoapSuds mm me bish. $20? $30? Mute city only? I dont care lets do it before I leave and expose you for the fraudulent wizzrobe wannabe you are.

(Also we should do a 64 mm as well)

And shoutouts to the sotah guys for being super chill and an all around fun tourney

Remioli

Smash Journeyman
@ Tuesday Tuesday do you already have housing plans for when you'll be in utah? cause if not, one of my tenants is gonna be moved out, so i'll have an empty room available if you want it :-p.

@ 941 941 thanks for taking out one of our falcons. we would've had a clean sweep if it wasn't for your meddling ice climbers ;-).
Was it stream fried? I bet it was stream fried. Classic stream fried.

bellsworth46

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I figured the schools Internet would be amazing. So does that mean it's a hardware issue or have you not been setting the bitrate higher?
I have not set the bitrate higher, and have not had a chance to test whether or not my laptop can handle it (pretty sure it can, but testing is necessary)

OkayP.

Smash Apprentice
Hey Guys Haven't been on for a while!!!
Hey so I have a few things on my mind. 1. If you have any spare time and would like to help a dude out PLEASE like and or comment. Thank you!
2. Me and .Jet. and couple friends are trying very had to set up a LEGIT Monthly tournament in Utah County called "Smash At the Mountain (SAM), If you would be able to attend a full day tourney sometime around July 20th and 21st, And/or you know of or have a venue in Utah County (Preferably in the AF, Highland, Alpine area) PLEASE comment on my profile page and I will contact my co-managers and we will set up the tourney. Below is a link to a Google sheet, If you are available and would like to come PLEASE fill out the information as you will be directed to do. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nEvUcKSlJsOskroCyW-V32EwpyrzQHeTukWvdFbepfA/edit?usp=sharing
Thank you SOO much!

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Where are the weeklies and what times?
Tuesday: Provo Game Den, Venue opens at 5 PM, Melee happens every week there at 8 usually. PM or Smash 4 take prior slot.
Wednesday: Salt Lake Labs, Venue opens at 6 PM. Melee and Wii U, they trade off starting at 7 or 8 every week.

Check the main page for the "Calendar" or "Events" link for more details about each. Scroll to the right of that document for more info.

Hey Guys Haven't been on for a while!!!
Hey so I have a few things on my mind. 1. If you have any spare time and would like to help a dude out PLEASE like and or comment. Thank you!
2. Me and .Jet. and couple friends are trying very had to set up a LEGIT Monthly tournament in Utah County called "Smash At the Mountain (SAM), If you would be able to attend a full day tourney sometime around July 20th and 21st, And/or you know of or have a venue in Utah County (Preferably in the AF, Highland, Alpine area) PLEASE comment on my profile page and I will contact my co-managers and we will set up the tourney. Below is a link to a Google sheet, If you are available and would like to come PLEASE fill out the information as you will be directed to do. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nEvUcKSlJsOskroCyW-V32EwpyrzQHeTukWvdFbepfA/edit?usp=sharing
Thank you SOO much!
Three problems with that for your information:
1) That's right after Evo weekend. It may or may not effect attendance, hard to say.
2) Monthlies may start getting oversaturated. This isn't a deterrent, more as a forewarning of possible complications. We have the Neumont monthly (which will be the week prior to yours, as an FYI), and then also the Smashing Jordan monthlies.
3) Early on the week. I know it's summer, but a lot of people are starting into jobs and such.

For what it's worth, I'd probably attend the 21st personally. Would be leaving earlier in the day though for the weekly potentially since that's my usual event.

OkayP.

Smash Apprentice
Tuesday: Provo Game Den, Venue opens at 5 PM, Melee happens every week there at 8 usually. PM or Smash 4 take prior slot.
Wednesday: Salt Lake Labs, Venue opens at 6 PM. Melee and Wii U, they trade off starting at 7 or 8 every week.

Check the main page for the "Calendar" or "Events" link for more details about each. Scroll to the right of that document for more info.

Three problems with that for your information:
1) That's right after Evo weekend. It may or may not effect attendance, hard to say.
2) Monthlies may start getting oversaturated. This isn't a deterrent, more as a forewarning of possible complications. We have the Neumont monthly (which will be the week prior to yours, as an FYI), and then also the Smashing Jordan monthlies.
3) Early on the week. I know it's summer, but a lot of people are starting into jobs and such.

For what it's worth, I'd probably attend the 21st personally. Would be leaving earlier in the day though for the weekly potentially since that's my usual event.
I appreciate that, I know schedule is tight, but .Jet. is now a resident of Washington, and He isn't going to be here really outside of those days. I UNDERSTAND all Probabilities, but this Is my only option for this month, and hopefully what will be known as SAM1 again, if you can make it please make it known on the Google Sheet, thanks!

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
@ N nqztv whats the link for the rankings google docs? I'm working on tim's site right now and need the links and am having difficulty finding it=/

Tuesday

Smash Ace

I'm planning on couch hopping, so a room with a bed is actually something I'll take you up on =D I'll let you know asap.

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
no one liked sonic anything in utah since 08

Last edited:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
@ N nqztv I added a placement row so that when its embedded it organizes correctly. I was having a lot of trouble getting it to work properly so I did that. Mind taking a look at the rankings google doc? The algorithm should just be =A#+1 if I remember correctly.

WhiteApe

Smash Rookie
the more i play melee and smash 4 the more im ok with PM dying

sux cause in st. george most would rather play PM over melee but they're slowly coming to the melee light as the pinnacle of smash. and smash 4 is bringing in the new peeps and it's pretty fun competitively with customs imo

hey just moved to ST george what is the smash like down here. is their a game shop or something they meet in?

Jekyll

Smash Ace
Hotel rooms are expensive...

Anybody who's still in need of a hotel room or another roommate for EVO, let me know. I'm currently booked for 5 nights at Harrah's and would be happy to split that with one or more people. I'd also be willing to stop being cheap and stay at one of the venue hotels as well.

PM me if interested. I've got until the 12th to cancel/change my reservation, so don't put it on hold for too long.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I could house anyone at my place if they need it.

Remioli

Smash Journeyman
@ N nqztv I added a placement row so that when its embedded it organizes correctly. I was having a lot of trouble getting it to work properly so I did that. Mind taking a look at the rankings google doc? The algorithm should just be =A#+1 if I remember correctly.
Hey everyone, check out rain man over here.

bellsworth46

Smash Journeyman
So here is my plan of Neumont (I will gladly take your thoughts on this): I plan on having Lucas, Roy, and Ryu legal as it will have been a month since their release. However, I am not sure as to handle the stages. I plan on having miiverse follow the omega rule: ban battlefield, miiverse is also banned. I want to make Dreamland legal, but that would then throw a wrench in the Evo striking style, meaning I would have to pick a list of starters/cp (oh well). However, at 10 stages at that point, I almost feel that we should increase the bans to 3. What is your opinions on this?

Top Bottom