• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

Lumosat

Smash Cadet
Shoutouts to the random Phil guy who was pretty good. And shoutouts to the other ICs player. Our dittos were way to close to comfort. Good thing Peach is one of my secondaries cuz I hate dittos a lot.

Also, shoutouts to anyone who ***** me in friendlies with Peach. That matchup is so balls it's not even funny. I need to start putting more time into Jigglypuff.

I just need to practice more .__. My L-cancelling is still garbage as is my shield dropping. And my wavedash out of shield is good but I'm not applying it enough. And I need to learn a few more of those fancy desyncs. I only know the make-Nana-do-a-blizzard-alone one, though it's a great setup for wobbling if I time it right.

GGs guys. This is the first big tournament since I started playing a few months ago where I didn't go 2 and out, so I'm really happy about that.

ZeroKarasu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZeroKarasu
3DS FC
3351-4458-3302
Great tournament.

I seem to be cursed with eternal Sheiks.

OkamiFur

Smash Cadet
NNID
OkamiFur
Fest at RJ's starting now. 2522 HORSESHOE CIRCLE
House rules apply:
Falcon punch takes a stock if it doesn't kill, but takes two stocks if it does kill.
Warlock punch rules apply the same as Falcon punch rules.
Fully charged neutral B from Roy automatically takes the game.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Also, shoutouts to anyone who ***** me in friendlies with Peach. That matchup is so balls it's not even funny. I need to start putting more time into Jigglypuff.
If you play Jigglypuff, then you have a big advantage over Peach, so don't complain about the match-up when you're on the winning end.

Lumosat

Smash Cadet
If you play Jigglypuff, then you have a big advantage over Peach, so don't complain about the match-up when you're on the winning end.
No ICs are my main. Puff used to be my main but I haven't played her in a long time. And my puff always kinda sucked anyways

Blues17

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blues17
3DS FC
3179-6103-8458
Had tons of fun and learned a bunch at Smash Jam even though I didn't do that well.

Shylock

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0216-1943-0839
Ggs all! Late post, slept in, yada yada.

@Pumpinz Your Fox is real man keep it up XD Our matches were probably my favorite part of the tourney.

@ net1234 net1234 We need to play a crap ton more friendlies so that we can get all that salt out of my diet.

@ ZeroKarasu ZeroKarasu Your Marth has definitely gotten better! There's still a ton to learn so don't get too discouraged.

I'm so glad to be going to tourneys again XD I missed this scene way too much.

Lumosat

Smash Cadet
@ Shylock Shylock you totally outplayed me. I felt bad wobbling you like a pansy but ICs gotta do what ICs gotta do. Your Roy is pretty sick

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Lol don't tell me it was you
X.

I lost to him in both games.

I played predictably and got read a lot. I didn't play my best but he played consistent. He was the better player at the tournament.

Last edited:

TheForestGreenSheik

Smash Cadet
Shoutouts to the random Phil guy who was pretty good. And shoutouts to the other ICs player. Our dittos were way to close to comfort. Good thing Peach is one of my secondaries cuz I hate dittos a lot.

I just need to practice more .__. My L-cancelling is still garbage as is my shield dropping. And my wavedash out of shield is good but I'm not applying it enough. And I need to learn a few more of those fancy desyncs. I only know the make-Nana-do-a-blizzard-alone one, though it's a great setup for wobbling if I time it right.

GGs guys. This is the first big tournament since I started playing a few months ago where I didn't go 2 and out, so I'm really happy about that.
who was that phil guy... he was a pretty solid falco

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
500% my fault.
for pm sure
but we don't play melee

and im not mad about my loss
i haven't gotten better or worse at melee
nice to see people finally getting better
if me losing to pumpinz is such a surprise
that just shows how low you think of him and high you think of me

and the people who didn't see i put on a show in brawl wf and gf
i beat the **** out of X

Edit:
that new patch thou

Last edited:

BillNyeTheSamusGuy

Smash Journeyman
smash 3ds balance change super unofficial patch list:

edit: gonna be updating this as I find more info online... bcuz science

so far I've heard:

-Palutena is faster in general

-falco runs a little faster

-falco dair was buffed

-Shulk's fair is faster

-shulk's animations now match his hit boxes lolololol

-all meteors can cause trip at low percents

-all multi hit moves connect better-er

but those are most definitely not confirmed, go test em!

me losing to pumpinz
PUMPPPPPPPPPPINZ

@Pumpinz

Last edited:

BillNyeTheSamusGuy

Smash Journeyman
How is it buffed? faster hitbox or less landing lag or wut? (At work so can't test myself)
I'm just re-posting info from other sources, but according to falco boards: the meteor hitbox lasts longer, and it can trip at low %

Last edited:

Lumosat

Smash Cadet
Anyone wanna team with me for Melee doubles for Smasher's Tale?

I suck but I'm getting better

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
@ Roguay Roguay cedar and st george are not gonna be good for awhile until our casual scene actually turns competitive

also i was trying to be polite to you because it was my friends that were ***** to you and not me

Last edited:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium

Baky

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts to myself for getting beat by a small child. Brb rethinking life...
If you're talking about that kid Baby then you have nothing to sweat.
He is good and he is going places.

Plus... I'm not sure what your age is but I doubt you're that much older than him.

Top Bottom