• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Thread - Dead thread is dead

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
See the thread I linked. It doesn't work like traditional DI at all anymore. :(
yeah the SDI official name is hitstun shuffling and VI i already knew about. so a combination of those two techniques is my survival tech

Rockmix

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rockmix
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1alpl7HGXELk9OJZ7eXTt95QPDjNXbgJTPk6_YY4cVWw/edit#gid=0
The games this week in Provo is Melee. Not sure whats the deal with taylorsville should be Project M this week.

Also Gameland World is hosting a tourney for Melee and Smash 3DS
"Smash Bros. 3ds and Melee Tournament on Tuesday in Spanish Fork! $3 venue fee, $3 for the Melee Prize pool, and $2 for the 3ds Prize pool. You can play one or both tournaments. Cash prizes for the top players! Registration is at 4:30pm."
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GameLand-World/311122785611892
link if you want to check it out

EDIT: Forgot to say its in Spanish Fork. I can post the address if people are interested

Last edited:

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
So I jump into For Glory again. Oh look! ANOTHER LITTLE MAC!

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Yes. He's not unbeatable. I use Link and just barrage him with projectiles. My fights against Little Mac are extremely polar: either I wreck him with quick edge guards, or he wrecks me with all that fast damage and a combo leading into a KO uppercut. He has weaknesses, but you have to admit he powerfully commands many situations. It's not as simple as you make it out to be to maintain distance. He can close the gap quite quickly. Even his roll is stupid fast, which leads into his jabs, which leads to his mini uppercut. His smash attacks are also amazing pivots.
>but you have to admit he powerfully commands many situations

Im not going to lie, Ive NEVER had Mac command ANY situation outside of him making a hard read or me being dumb or making a mistake. Ive played like 6 different Macs online, and I think Ive only ever dropped a stock once or twice, that ***** is free. Dont know if its just my characters (Yoshi/Bowser/Wario) or what, but Mac is seriously not even a problem for me and Im not understanding all this hate towards him everyone has.

Remioli

Smash Journeyman

Im not going to lie, Ive NEVER had Mac command ANY situation outside of him making a hard read or me being dumb or making a mistake. Ive played like 6 different Macs online, and I think Ive only ever dropped a stock once or twice, that ***** is free. Dont know if its just my characters (Yoshi/Bowser/Wario) or what, but Mac is seriously not even a problem for me and Im not understanding all this hate towards him everyone has.
K

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer

Give it time. :D

Sproll

Smash Apprentice
I've only lost a couple games out of 20 vs mac, but there's just some annoying things about him. His roll is insanely fast and hard to punish even when I read it. But so far if you're patient then he seems easy to beat since he's predictable. But holy eff so many ppl play him online

Last edited:

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Gimpyfish won the first Washington tournament as Little Mac. I know the game has been out for a day, but it's gotta mean something. :D

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Fest on thursday

Mängijad VARJUPAIK 2671 Washington Blvd, Ogden, UT 84401

Hatch Backward

Smash Apprentice
Seriously though AJ needs to post the video of last nights smash at RJs or I'm gonna be pissed.

It's so good. I'm gonna show off to all everyone who said I could be good someday and show them that today is that day.

-Mars-

Smash Hero

Yo I be beating dem online Macs, **** is mad free son you feel me da glory mode too real

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
God damn it that took way too many ****ing attempts.

I finally have 20xx working

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
So Big House 4 was completely amazing.
Mango 4-stocked Leffen again oh my gooooooood
Like all the sets were fantastic.

net1234

Smash Ace
Seriously though AJ needs to post the video of last nights smash at RJs or I'm gonna be pissed.

It's so good. I'm gonna show off to all everyone who said I could be good someday and show them that today is that day.
My only thought going into the crew battle was "I might die before this thing ends, better not lose my last game."

Last edited:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
So

My car so far for Vegas (if we go. I'm gonna try to get an estimate on numbers and whatnot.)

Me, CONFIRMED
MeleeRuler, CONFIRMED
Pumpinz,
Circus*,
Net CONFIRMED

so im full yo
@ Pumpinz Pumpinz
@ ElectricCitrus ElectricCitrus

Are you two coming?

Remember its a PM and Smash 4 event. I'm still trying to get them to do Melee singles.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
From Gamer's Abbey page:

Small change in weeklies this week.

Provo Game Den - Tuesday, venue opens at 5 PM, tourney starts at 7 PM for Melee. $5 for all that attend.

Prize will be a fixed amount of $20/$10/$5 for first through third.

No Taylorsville Game Den. We are working on changing the location close to a trax station to help those with transportation. We will keep you posted, but this may wait until after Anime Banzai.

Speaking of, we're going to be at Anime Banzai! We'll be doing various tournaments that are free to enter (first come first serve with caps). Check out www.animebanzai.org for details!

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I played like 20 Link dittos in For Glory. It was pretty even most of the way through. (Mathematically, that means we thrashed each others' win ratios.) The last match was hilarious, though. Clearly, my opponent's 3DS was taken over by a little brother or something. He started playing terribly. I took almost no damage.

I bet his mom made him share. ^_^

RVKYS

Smash Apprentice
Big House 4 was quite possible the greatest tournament I've ever seen. the hype was tangible.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
wait what day is this vegas tournament again?
Prioritized the CO tournament because Lack of people in Vegas for pm.

Looks like I have 2 open seats if anyone wants to go.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
what days are they again? I want to go, i just can't miss school.
We would be leaving Friday afternoon. I get off of work at 2 so I want to leave Logan by 3. Which means in Ogden by 4. We would stay in Boulder that night. Then the tournament the next day and then stay the night again. Following that we would drive back sunday morning.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I found the true counter to Little Mac. Mario. Any hit whatsoever combos into grabs which you can then either throw him off with or dthrow into uair/bair strings, then just FLUDD him. lol

Literally the absolute freest (how would you even spell that) MU in Smash history. 10/10.

Last edited:

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I found the true counter to Little Mac. Mario. Any hit whatsoever combos into grabs which you can then either throw him off with or dthrow into uair/bair strings, then just FLUDD him. lol

Literally the absolute freest (how would you even spell that) MU in Smash history. 10/10.
You can just pick Wario and run away.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I wanna go!!
Okay. My car is full again.

Me,
Gkirbs,
Logos,
MeleeRuler,
Net

For costs I'm expecting around 35$ a person for gas. It's probably going to be less.

For the tournament here is what I've been told

FEES:
$5 Venue Fee, waived for full setups
$10 entry to all Singles events, $5 per person ($10 per team) for all Doubles events.

So 25$ to enter both tournaments all together.

So bring 60$ and then bring some food money too if you can. If you can't let me know and we will figure something out so you don't die.

Last edited:
Top Bottom