• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Biweeklies (Next: March 10th)

laozy

Smash Journeyman
carpool to provo

i live in west valley so anyone thats need a ride, i can provide transportation. all i ask in return is 1 dollar. and yes you must live in the west valley area. it would save a lot of gas for the both of us...4 people max. pm me if you want in.

lengeta

Smash Ace
If you can, yeah.

Also, if anybody sees this in time, I'm short one Smash Bros copy, I just need the game, nothing else.

::EDIT::

RESULTS

Doubles
1- Koofoxalips (FtS & Gojira)
2- Jeyt & Junpei
3- Phil & Sally
4- For the Horde (Gideon & Alex)
5- Blue Screens of Death (Takalth & Chris)
6- Two Hot Machetes (lengeta & Mexi)

Singles
1- Fox the Stampede
2- Gojira
3- DSL
4- Laozy
5- Gideon
6- Raging Asian
7- lengeta
8- Takalth
9- Alex
10- Jeyt
11- Chris

Thanks for coming everyone, it was fun. Sorry my place is so small, but it worked alright.
FtS, you SoB, why'd you give Jeyt the one match and not me. I played pretty good against you even though you 2-0ed me, one of these days your going down.
Gojira, nice job, your still holding your place above Laozy. Keep it up.
DSL, nice to see you still have it, especally with a different character than most we usually see in tournies, it's really nice to see a few others in there.
Laozy, screw your Samus. Without your out-of-shield up-B and your sex-kick priority you'd be nothing, NOTHING!
Junpei, you won me by one, and there's a couple rounds in there I could of won. Next time I'm definatly ranking higher than you, so see ya. Oh, and your Falco sucks. (told you to change from Jiggs [kidding] ).
Takalth and Gideon, your both getting a lot better (if I'm qualified to make that observation...). And Chris, I know it's hard to be green at tournies, but you'll start picking up some mad skills pretty quick, your definatly not a bad player.

Oh, and Marths, you want to up-throw chain Falco, then end with a tipper when he escape; you can take him 0-death no prob.

Vyquinzum

Smash Rookie
:) :) :) :)

Just this week my mom gave me permission to attend the smash meets (as long as I bring my brother) and I will practice 'til the March the 10th.

infact I might allow the smashers of Utah decide the character I will play as...nah that is too much of a snobbish remark...:p

(hmmm I haven't decided on a particular main :ohwell: )

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Oh and if all goes well at my house I just might host...

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
Go with Doc! He rules.

On the other hand, if you dont mind employing cheatery, go marth or shiek. If you want to have fun, go Roy. If you like fast technical skill, go fox or falco (and fox would be included in the cheatery if you know how to shine spike. sooooooo gay) and if you just want to be a big guy who does a TON of damage go Ganondorf. That's obviously just all my opinions... except for the cheap comments; those are truisms. :D

Vyquinzum

Smash Rookie
Go with Doc! He rules.

On the other hand, if you dont mind employing cheatery, go marth or shiek. If you want to have fun, go Roy. If you like fast technical skill, go fox or falco (and fox would be included in the cheatery if you know how to shine spike. sooooooo gay) and if you just want to be a big guy who does a TON of damage go Ganondorf. That's obviously just all my opinions... except for the cheap comments; those are truisms. :D
Well here is a list of characters I like to use...(and sort of good at)

Sheik (but I'm bad with her defense)
Zelda (yes I use both sides of this "coin" :p )
Mario
Pikachu
Link (might switch to Y. Link for his speed)
Ganondorf
Fox (but only recently)
Yoshi

and I am currently exploring the toughest and seemingly weak characters like such as Mewtwo (and when I mean weak I mean they can get KO'ed easy).

I'm just kinda stumped on which one to use :ohwell:

Takalth

Smash Ace
Well, it depends how you balance the scale between winning and fun. Some people are lucky and have the most fun with top tier characters, while others have to strike the balance. Myself, for example, I gave up on turning my Kirby into a highly competitive character, but I'm still trying with Zelda (who is low, but not as low). If you're aimed entirely at winning, take Fox or Sheik (based on the list you gave). Otherwise, pick whoever is fun.

Gojira

Smash Lord
Well here is a list of characters I like to use...(and sort of good at)

Sheik (but I'm bad with her defense)
Zelda (yes I use both sides of this "coin" :p )
Mario
Pikachu
Link (might switch to Y. Link for his speed)
Ganondorf
Fox (but only recently)
Yoshi

and I am currently exploring the toughest and seemingly weak characters like such as Mewtwo (and when I mean weak I mean they can get KO'ed easy).

I'm just kinda stumped on which one to use :ohwell:
If you want to win go bowser. People will look at hoim and just start suiciding because he is to good.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
If you want to win go bowser. People will look at hoim and just start suiciding because he is to good.
Funny how that didn't happen once against your bowser.

You really shouldn't practice with that many characters. Pick a few and work on them until you get really good. You should also have some sort of high tier character in your arsenal, even if it's only a secondary character.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
Pick whoever you feel like playing at that moment. Your gut feeling will take care of the rest. Should only take about a few weeks that way, and the accuracy is 100%.

Can we get back on topic yet? Utah thread is for that stuff ^

Gojira

Smash Lord
Funny how that didn't happen once against your bowser.

You really shouldn't practice with that many characters. Pick a few and work on them until you get really good. You should also have some sort of high tier character in your arsenal, even if it's only a secondary character.
go drink pepsi out of a can using
a straw!!!!!!

lengeta

Smash Ace
These convos are popping up in here because with the bi-weeklies going in, this has become the active thread. BTW, I definatly think we should keep the bi-weeklies going after the big tourny, I love me some smash. We could alternate the typical $2 price with our montly $5 for the monthly tournies. Also, Gojira's said it before, ...sorta..., but am I the only one that finds it a little bit akward the only time we 'hang out' is at tournies? Meh.

Also Gojira, Rage knows what he's talking about keeping a top-tier in your roster. He only beat me because he switched from Jiggs to Falco. Seriously, I ban everyone from arguing otherwise.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
I was considering moving to triweeklies with $5 instead of biweeklies after the big tourney. It would get people to hang out outside of tournies more often (or at all).

Jeyt

Smash Apprentice
go drink pepsi out of a can using
a straw!!!!!!
BAHahaha! But seriously what's wrong with staws???

Anyways. Sounds like triweeklies could work. Meet more often, but not too often. For people that would need to get work off. It doesn't sound like your asking for it too often.

Takalth

Smash Ace
If we make the move to triweeklies, we need to make sure that at least some of our smashfests are formally announced and advertised. Otherwise, the increased price tag will make it harder to gather new recruits. Even I probably will only show up for singles most of the time if the entry fee goes up.

Vyquinzum

Smash Rookie
If we make the move to triweeklies, we need to make sure that at least some of our smashfests are formally announced and advertised. Otherwise, the increased price tag will make it harder to gather new recruits. Even I probably will only show up for singles most of the time if the entry fee goes up.
I was just thinking about this and I am really going to be needing a job if the admission fee goes up...XP

------------------------------------------------------------
I probably need some help on gaining experience before I go on tournys...
Is anyone willing to come over and help me understand these tournys?
The real reason I am asking for help is that I don't flat out become last place in my first tourny XP XP XP

Anyway is the place for the next tourny (March 10th) decided or it still being discussed?...

Takalth

Smash Ace
I probably need some help on gaining experience before I go on tournys...
Is anyone willing to come over and help me understand these tournys?
The real reason I am asking for help is that I don't flat out become last place in my first tourny XP XP XP
As long as you live reasonably close, I"m willing. Saturday will probably work as long as I know in advance. Let me know where you live (I'm in Draper), and we can try to figure something out.

For future reference, though, planning informal smash is more of a Utah thread subject than a biweeklies

EDIT: Fixed the quote so it displays correctly

Pustulio

Smash Ace
Probably out eating some dirt or something.
Does anyone know where the March 10th one is being held? I really would like to know but, I need to know where it is. Those of you looking at my location wondering why I'm wanting to go to Utah tournaments, it's because even my grandma's house in Spanish Fork is closer than the nearest town here, I wish Evanston was Utah because then our football trips wouldn't be so long. Anyways I'll check back in when you guys figure it out. Sorry if someone already has it figured out I just read the last two pages and I'm a bit confused.

Gojira

Smash Lord
Does anyone know where the March 10th one is being held? I really would like to know but, I need to know where it is. Those of you looking at my location wondering why I'm wanting to go to Utah tournaments, it's because even my grandma's house in Spanish Fork is closer than the nearest town here, I wish Evanston was Utah because then our football trips wouldn't be so long. Anyways I'll check back in when you guys figure it out. Sorry if someone already has it figured out I just read the last two pages and I'm a bit confused.
it is at Foxhestampede's house. Pm him for directions. and if your coming form out of satte would you like the price to be raised?

Takalth

Smash Ace
and if your coming form out of satte would you like the price to be raised?
I don't quite get this. Idaho was told that they'd probably be better off not coming since the low entry fee meant that even winning, they would still probably lose money on the trip. From my understanding, that message was given because the biweeklies were supposed to be cheap to help encourage attendance of the people who are unlikely to win and make it more new-recruit friendly.

Don't get me wrong, I want to see OOS smashers coming, too, but earlier discussion indicated that the biweeklies would be aimed entirely at in-state people, and while OOS people would be welcome, we would not cater to them. If this has changed, then I think Idaho with it's 2-4 people should have already raised the price.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
If Ultimate Showdown gets moved back are we going to switch over to the triweekly system or keep the biweekly system until after Ultimate Showdown?

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Hmm...maybe. I'd have to ask my roommates first and you guys would have to bring your own blankets.

lengeta

Smash Ace
I'd invite you guys to stay down here, but it's another 40min out of the way. Still, if you need it, my floor's open.

lengeta

Smash Ace
Leng, are you carpooling up to this one? If so, Ill talk to my friends down here and see if theyre up for it:p
Well... there's a tournament I want to go to up in Sandy, and the only mode of transportation I have is a mini-van...

Lol, yeah, I can take you guys, but only with the addition of one rule: I pick you all up at your place and drop you all of there, OR your all at my place by... let's say 11am, and I just drop you off back at my place. ^_^ I just don't want to drive around for another hour picking up/dropping off people, but I'm totally cool with giving you guys a ride.

BC/Yamer: PMed.

Jeyt

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys. I'm down a ride. If someone could pick me up, that'd be amazing. I'll supply gas money.

PM me if you would be willing to.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Ugh....you're such a *******.

I'll pick you up if no one that lives closer to you can do it.

Pustulio

Smash Ace
Probably out eating some dirt or something.
Well that was my first tournament and I must say I learned a ton! I had a lot of fun!

One thing about the next one, that's the week of my spring break and I'll be in Spanish Fork so if possible could we get the tourney in Orem, Payson or Provo? Those places are real close to Spanish Fork so It'd really be appreciated. I can probably get Lange down there too. I might still be able to make it if it's in Salt Lake but, if at all possible the before mentioned places would be convienient.

I'll be practicing my Yoshi so watch out guys!:psycho:

Top Bottom