• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah Biweeklies (Next: March 10th)

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
Utah Biweeklies
Hosted by FoxTheStampede & Utah Hosts

Utah is starting a series of biweeklies that will last until the huge tournament, Ultimate Destiny 2. These biweeklies are for improving all Utah smashers. Let's not be the or almost the worst state at Ultimate Destiny 2 :) Hopefully we can rotate through 3 different locations twice. Hosts needed. Results will be posted in this thread and linked to in the Utah thread. Make sure everyone knows about the tiny $2 entry so we can get a bigger variety of opponents. Btw, very low entry fee + very predictable dates = NO MORE EXCUSES not to come :mad:

Schedule
Saturday, January 13th, 2007 (Host/Location: FTS)
Saturday, January 27th, 2007 (Host: Gojira)
Saturday, February 10th, 2007 (Host/Location: FTS)
Saturday, February 24th, 2007 (Host/Location: Lengeta)
Saturday, March 10th, 2007 (Host/Location: FTS)
Saturday, March 24th, 2007 (Host/Location: Gojira)

Teams Starts: 1:00pm
Break: The half hour after Teams ends
Singles: After the break (usually around 3pm or so)

Next Biweekly's Location
5000 S 1900 W (Apt. #18)
Roy, UT

Entry
Singles: $2.00 entry fee
Teams: $2.00 per team member
(no refunds after tournament starts)
1st - 60%, 2nd - 30%, 3rd - 10%

You will only be allowed to pay the entry fee for biweeklies with $1s

BYOC: Bring Your Own Controller

Tournament Format
(RR pools possible into) Double Elimination Bracket (or Round Robin if very few players)
4 stock, 8min
Best 2 of 3

Additional Rules

Knock-out: Before the match set, each player may choose one stage to knock-out for the entire set.

Advanced Slob Picks: First match stage will be random. Loser chooses the next stage, then the winner chooses character, then the loser chooses character.

Items: OFF

Double Blind Pick, where both players secretly choose their character, is available for the first match of every set.

Random Stages: Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Poke Stadium, Battlefield, Final Destination, Dreamland 64

Banned Stages: Great Bay, Hyrule Temple, Brinstar Depths, Venom, Big Blue, Fourside, Icicle Mountain, Flatzone, Yoshi's Island 64, Jungle Japes
(non-banned stages may be counter picked)
(stage rules will be changed.....eventually ^^; )

Fountain of Dreams and Mute City are banned in teams due to lag

Team Attack ON

Life stealing is allowed

Illegal conduct: Any use of glitches (ex. IC's freeze glitch), prolonged stall tactics (ex. Peach wall-bomb used to stall), and functional controler modifications (ex. L/R trigger modifications) are banned. Participating in any of these practices, along with any improper behavioral conduct (ex. physically/verbally distracting an opponent) will drop you from the tournament and will possibly get you banned at the hosts' discretion.

Host Contact Info
Nathan "FoxTheStampede"
Phone: (801) 942-1778
E-mail: lordluxun@gmail.com
MSN: Lordluxun@yahoo.com
AIM: CaoDun9

Zack "Gojira"
Phone: (801) 728-1046
E-Mail: Mutalkuh@Hotmail.com
MSN: Mutalkuh@Hotmail.com
Aim: Akimichi Zachary

Supplies
Yes, we need Cubes (with games), TVs, and VCRs.

Updates

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
Supplies? I can supply a whole bunch :). 3 cubes and 5 controllers, assuming I go.... a ride might be a problem. Does anyone going to this live in Provo who I could carpool with? I'll see if I can't get a ride from my brothers, but if not I'll need one from someone else, obviously. I'll keep you posted.

Oh, and what's with the $5 for the first one? I don't really mind, but I'd like to know your reasoning.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
...Oh, and what's with the $5 for the first one?...
The first on the list is also THE tourny for January. The tournaments are also considered biweeklies (as it'll be dumb to host a biweekly and a tourny separately, as that'll mean tournies on back to back weeks or two touries on the same day). And so, for the biweeklies that are ALSO considered as the month's "official" tournament, the entry for it is $5 instead of the $2.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
Just one last monthly tournament before going into biweeklies, since it has been a month since the last one.
Or a big opener for the biweeklies.
Something like that.

It was Gojira's idea :p

lengeta

Smash Ace
CDbobo, I'm in Orem and am already planning on attending the 13th's biweekly. I can give you a ride if your interested.

Gojira

Smash Lord
5 dollar pricing

This is for this tourney only before starting the Biweeklies. I want to speak with everyone in person to talk with them about price for Biweeklies and other tourney stuff.

laozy

Smash Journeyman
i will most likely be attending the biweeklies, but khom will not be joining me. believe it or not khom quit playing smash. so i need a partner. 2 dollar is a PERFECT PRICE...not too high not too low. this comming biweekly should be 2 dollar instead of 5...yes i'm poor

Gojira

Smash Lord
5 dollar for this one only

this is going to be 5 dollars this time and this time only.

Why did Khom quit playing smash? He was moving up in the ranks.........

laozy

Smash Journeyman
mostly he doesn't like playing for money...and he has a hard time beating me. last weekend khom beat yamer on a MM, then asked yamer if he wanted his money back. maybe he'll return when power rankings are up.

Gojira

Smash Lord
yeah.....

mostly he doesn't like playing for money...and he has a hard time beating me. last weekend khom beat yamer on a MM, then asked yamer if he wanted his money back. maybe he'll return when power rankings are up.

Thats what these coming tourneys are for, to start our accurat power rankings. What about when the tourneys have $2.00 entry fees and are for mainly practice more then they are for money?

BTW i typed this post using my wii. :)

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Wait, so every biweekly will count towards the rankings? And there will no longer be $5+ entry tournaments after this January 13th one? Hmm...it may be hard for my crew to be able to make it to tournaments every-other-week (especially ones in Orem), but we'll try to make as many as possible.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
Every Utah tournament would count towards the rankings....

Biweeklies may or may not continue after Ultimate Destiny 2, depending on how they go. 2 $2 tournies should be at least as much total prize money as 1 $5 tourney anyway, I guess.

Jeyt

Smash Apprentice
I'll host the 27th one! at my house :D
Uhh, Isn't your house in IDAHO? And this being a UTAH tourny, shouldn't it be held in a utahn's house. And as such, I am trying to get my dad to let us use his upstairs. It is a little bigger than FTS's downstairs. BUT it is ALOT more spread out. We could Probably fit 6 tv's comfortably with seating for all, with only slight supply donations from people.

Gojira

Smash Lord
Uhh, Isn't your house in IDAHO? And this being a UTAH tourny, shouldn't it be held in a utahn's house. And as such, I am trying to get my dad to let us use his upstairs. It is a little bigger than FTS's downstairs. BUT it is ALOT more spread out. We could Probably fit 6 tv's comfortably with seating for all, with only slight supply donations from people.
Can you know this for sure in the next few days?

Gojira

Smash Lord
Just so everyone knows.....

I want no OOsers coming to this tourney. I dont want any interfering with the results for this touney.

Also there may be a price drop for teams to see if we can get more teams to come to this tourney.

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
I dont see why its such a big deal just take us out of the rankings

Besides if the point is to improve Utah as a whole wouldnt it be better if more people came giving more practice for the Utah players

lengeta

Smash Ace
No OOSers? Wha? The more the merrier IMO, you can always take them out to rank Utah anyway.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
FoxTheStampede said:
Also, OOSers are allowed to these biweeklies like I stated earlier. However, I'm going to temp-ban Yamer from this current set of biweeklies only (ends the weekend before USUD2) because he has a complete **** to tournament staff and participants, causing some people to enjoy the tournaments less, and some even go to fewer, if any, future tournaments. Complaints about tournaments I host do NOT make me happy. Utah tournaments have a fun, friendly atmosphere in additioin to the competetiveness that naturally comes from tournaments which will be hindered no longer. Yamer got several warnings already. This is the last one. I'm sick of it now. Next offense WILL be a permanent ban. I will protect my smash scene and my tournaments, especially when I host or co-host almost all of them personally. My decision is final. Thank you :)
The latest issue in the Utah Thread concerns these biweeklies, so, here's the result where it's supposed to be.

laozy

Smash Journeyman
everyone i play smash with quit...AND I MEAN EVERYONE. even khom doesn't practice with me anymore. i'm the only one motivated enough to keep playing. i fear my days of smashing is also coming to an end.
if 15 people enter, we should do brackets.

Gideon Isaac

Smash Rookie
everyone i play smash with quit...AND I MEAN EVERYONE. even khom doesn't practice with me anymore. i'm the only one motivated enough to keep playing. i fear my days of smashing is also coming to an end.
And don't forget about me, I know I kind of suck and all, but I am just down the street and I'm always up for some smash. Oh, and by the by, Rodolfo called me. I think he and his brothers are coming to the tourney. So, FtS, you can most likely count at least 2 more there. And I'm goin' try and get a couple of kids from my crew to come as well. I don't know if that helps the attendence count at all.

Gideon Isaac

Smash Rookie
And don't forget about me, I know I kind of suck and all, but I am just down the street and I'm always up for some smash. Oh, and by the by, Rodolfo called me. I think he and his brothers are coming to the tourney. So, FtS, you can most likely count at least 2 more there. And I'm goin' try and get a couple of kids from my crew to come as well. I don't know if that helps the attendence count at all.

Gideon Isaac

Smash Rookie

Gojira

Smash Lord
even if he hit 20 we will probably be doing RR IF we have enough TV's.

Top Bottom