• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

USmash Rocket could get stuck on SmashVille Platform

IamElise

Smash Rookie
So I played with the AI of Snake, when he did an USmash just under the platform as it, and the rocket, headed to the left of the stage. The rocket did not explode on impact with the floor, but it stood riding along the tangent of the corner and the air below the platform. It stood there, until the platform started moving in the right direction, then it dropped. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to replicate it, but I guess the hitbox was still active. I think this is something interesting for the Snake player to know about, just in case, idk. Thoughts?

BND

Smash Apprentice
I definitely heard about this glitch (Somebody on Reddit did it with Ivysaur's seed bomb) and spent a good 30 minutes trying to replicate it without any luck. It's probably enough of an edge case that PMDT can afford to ignore it, though I'm still interested in learning the timing.

CrimsonSun

Smash Cadet
I've actually done this while playing against a friend. I never said anything because I couldn't replicate it and never heard of it. When it happened to me, the platform was beginning to travel to the left and carried the rocket/shell (whatever you call it) on the left side of the platform. It then carried the rocket almost to the other end before it dropped. I tested my ideas on why it happened. Platform speed and fall speed/angle of the rocket might play a part in it. It's very strict nonetheless.

Last edited:

IamElise

Smash Rookie
I've gotten close once as I tried it for a good 15 minutes for the hell of it when I found out it was a thing, I've gotten close by doing the DACUS and angling the rocket to go forward with the moving platform. Idk, I'm not a Snake guy, but it seems like something one could practice with the movement of the platform related to the timing on the clock, like Randall's movements, and make this a big part of their game.

BND

Smash Apprentice
I've gotten close once as I tried it for a good 15 minutes for the hell of it when I found out it was a thing, I've gotten close by doing the DACUS and angling the rocket to go forward with the moving platform. Idk, I'm not a Snake guy, but it seems like something one could practice with the movement of the platform related to the timing on the clock, like Randall's movements, and make this a big part of their game.
I thought this too until you mentioned that the rockets fell off after switching direction, which all horizontally-moving platforms do. This would mean that rockets probably have a shorter lifespan than mines, since I can't think of any horizontally moving platform that moves horizontally for over 20 seconds. In that case, you might as well go up there and plant a mine.

(I had the unreasonable hope that rockets stayed there and could stack on top of each other; that'd actually be gamebreaking if someone managed to get the timing down.)

With that being said, this may have a super-niche use for edgeguarding, where your mine is likely already being used elsewhere and you'd like to cover other parts of the stage, but it feels like it would be more trouble than it's worth.

Top Bottom