• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Usmash ASC

Deep2

Smash Apprentice
I've recently picked up Lucario and have been experimenting with him and have to ask, why don't more Lucarios use Usmash ASC? If you do Usmash and ASC within the first few frames of it, you'll only get one or two hits off and they'll be in hitstun long enough to get a side B or Dash attack or Grab off on them, from there you can even repeat, Dash attack > Usmash > ASC > Dash attack > Usmash ASC. Is it not reliable or what? Seems easier compared to the more complicated combos Lucario has.

Risky

Smash Ace
I try to use it a lot, it's especially good on fastfallers. ASC after the 2nd hit leads to the same followups at any % making for very reliable kill setups. It also blows up crouch canceling. Lots of pros. Can be difficult to time the ASC on the 1st or 2nd hit depending on which one you want, and their DI also heavily affects it depending on the Usmash hitbox that you land.

SilverAlloy

Smash Rookie
I've been messing around with this a bit, and in theory it's incredible. Most characters are set up perfectly for Aura Bomb after an early ASC up-smash. Also since Lucario has mediocre oos options, I can see ASC up-smash oos being amazing in the right situations.

Top Bottom