• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Using Up-Smash instead of dash attack for combos

samosa

Smash Cadet
So the last hit of up-smash can combo at low percents into up-b then at around 20~40 into up-air-> up-air-> upb variants.
this probably only works on tall characters.

For this to work you want only the last hit or last 2-hits of upsmash to connect.

also rage samus can insta-kill some characters with up-smash-->screw attack.
Other attacks to setup for (super headbutt into space) screw attack . dash-attack, up-tilt, down air, landing up-air
Could be useful on stages with low ceilings.

S.P.A.D.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lavama
That sounds really interesting, going to try to test it, but wouldn't it be hard to combo into? Seems like a really hard read, but something that could be built on.

If we hit with full U-Smash, will they be launched too far?

samosa

Smash Cadet
Yeah, might be used as a crossup roll read, its too slow to be really useful.
If you hit full up-smash they will fly to high to be there in time. Up-b might work sometimes on full upsmash but might be too risky since it seems they fall out more.

S.P.A.D.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lavama
This is nice sounding then, the Samus board here did some testing with catching rolls using U-Smash, and I want to say it works fairly well on a number of the cast. I wasn't part of it, but I think Xygonn Xygonn or DungeonMaster DungeonMaster might know more on it.

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
Yep! Before you go finding more un-listed combos and wrecking some of the surprises I was going to show in my long delayed video: These are hurtbox dependent combos, they only work on large aerial hurtboxes (tall in this case).
D-tilt can combo into f-air with similarly tall characters when they hang on the ledge. Try DK.
You'll get credit in the combo thread regardless. And keep searching :p

Last edited:

samosa

Smash Cadet
Yep! Before you go finding more un-listed combos and wrecking some of the surprises I was going to show in my long delayed video: These are hurtbox dependent combos, they only work on large aerial hurtboxes (tall in this case).
D-tilt can combo into f-air with similarly tall characters when they hang on the ledge. Try DK.
You'll get credit in the combo thread regardless. And keep searching :p
Well good thing you stopped me XD.
The dtilt fair stuff was actually the next thing I wanted to share. I guess ill wait for your video, instead of posting low quality phone vids.

DungeonMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Dalaeck
I definitely do not want to curb the enthusiasm for finding new things, and I did *completely* miss the up-throw up-air combos, I'm far from perfect. So do keep posting.
The D-tilt edge combos are in fact, strings, airdodge beats them, sadly.

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
Usmash used to combo into usmash before the buff, which was hilarious. I've used it for low percent combos before, like into uair.

Usmash OoS is really good against Rosa on DA against shield. Great great great way to kill her, you can even charge it a bit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom