• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Using Up B in the air as an offensive move.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
It does around 30 damage if timed properly, and I'm wondering why no one uses this trick. I think it would be fairly effective as a damage builder, especially if you short hop out of your shield and up b next your opponent while tilting left or right.

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
it can actually do 33 damage, but there are safer alternatives. Some people should try it against certain characters. Me personally, i use a sh'd up b out of my shield against shorter characters like fox. Since fox is too short to get hit by the part of the up b with the knockback, its safer to use the up in the air because its safer and can do some good damage and catch them off guard.

RyNo 86

Smash Journeyman
I use it on Luigi becuase if you hit him with the whole attack, he's floaty enough to knock him away on the last hit. And as for safer alternatives, you should always just go for the grab into uair juggle or shffled bairs.

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
I spam the living hell out of this in doubles. It just adds damage, and there's almost always a safe place to land. It's slow, but maintains a lot of priority throughout.

Tha_Shogun_12

Smash Journeyman
I use this attack when recovering from the ledge when the opponent tries to edgeguard me on lower damages. It can do about 20-26 damage and it's hard for them to hit me with it afterwards.

MEXICAN

Smash Lord
I use this attack when recovering from the ledge when the opponent tries to edgeguard me on lower damages. It can do about 20-26 damage and it's hard for them to hit me with it afterwards.
Thats a good tactic against most characters, but i'd be careful using something like that against someone like marth. It's kinda risky. Against most other characters though, its a pretty safe bet as long as you don't spam it. If you spam it, it might get too predictable and you might get gimped.

captainlukey

Smash Ace
lol heaps of these threads have surfaced recently in all the different characters sections...
i blame society damit

Top Bottom