• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Using Up + B Air as Killing Move

Zinger314

Smash Cadet
I've noticed that when used correctly (i.e. when UP + B fully connects, and the last hit sends them flying), that skill can kill at very low percentages if the enemy is up very high.

Has anyone had any experience with this as a viable killing move?

ZDAN

Smash Cadet
This is one of the most satisfying experiences with Toon Link.
Knocking someone in the air, and then killing them with an up-B.
Not just for annoying noob spam anymore!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I prefer bAir or fAir kills, but uAir kills are awsome. uB kills (situations) aren't that common (of me, at least), but when they come, you take the moment, and succede...it's like you just b**** slapped Chuck Norris!

:laugh:

Robostrike

Smash Cadet
Strategy with this UP + B move is to do DAir first and then link it with the hurricane slash. First you do DAir so you switch from meteor to normal flinching DAir attack (meaning your attack must hit). Then once you get out of your DAir animation, you should be next to the opponent and then initiate your Up + B, allowing you to DI your character to make the opponent face towards the side closest to going off the stage. No Vids on it, but works effectively on either heavy enemies and speedy characters (such as against other Toon Links).

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Up-B does kill, but not until, like, late 100 percents. I juggled someone with 4 Up-B's in a row, and they still didn't die until 180 or something. It can definitely be an edge-guard move, but the Uair is actually a really powerful kill move.

Top Bottom