• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

using tilts correctly?

thehkic

Smash Rookie
how do you do the tilts correctly without it turning into a smash move? do you press the control stick only halfway instead of the full way to perform a tilt.? im working on a mario combo, where you downgrab, utilt, AUA, AUA...but everytime i try to do a utilt, i end up doing an upsmash. any help?

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
You watch the "How to play" Video in the beginning of the game. Keep watching and practicing till it sinks in

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
You watch the "How to play" Video in the beginning of the game. Keep watching and practicing till it sinks in
Pretty Epic....

Anyways, what I'd do is, hold the Stick half way or tilt it slowly. Because combos are supposed to be linked up and fast, what I do is down throw and then while I'm down throwing, I actually tilt upwards a little before the down throw action is going to end and press the A button at the right moment when I need to Up Tilt.

Top Bottom