• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Using the C-stick with Wolf

Vegeta214

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys,

are any of you able to auto-cancel Wolf's short-hopped forward air while facing right using the c-stick? Its easy doing it while facing left, but you need to be really quick to do it to the right. Likewise, I can short-hop bair to the left with the c-stick and then double jump and do another two bairs (Wolf Wall) which is extremely strong if you can DI to aim the hits. But to the right I'm too slow (it requires the same speed as the fair).

I could easily do both with A, but then I'd lose the ability to DI as well during the attacks, which like I said is crucial to the Wolf Wall.

So what do you say - is it possible with a lot of practise? Can anyone already do it? I was a Fox main and rather technical in Melee, but this is hard.

EDIT: Without remapping the controls. If it isn't otherwise possible, that's the last resort.

EDIT 2: Can any Melee Marth mains do this? If you could SHDF, you should be able to do this. I never played Marth, so I can't.

pockyD

Smash Legend
wolf's shfair autocancel (i hate that term) requires you to be much faster than marth's shdoublefair

as for the double bair, i don't see any reason why you can't use stick+a for the first bair (since you're most likely wanting to be going in that direction anyway) and then switching over to cstick for the second one (which is more likely the one you are worried about spacing properly)

Bocks

Smash Apprentice
ya for sure, not for most players though it takes a ton of practice (without remapping the controls [which is worth it])

Syde7

The Sultan of Smut
NNID
syde_7
are any of you able to auto-cancel Wolf's short-hopped forward air while facing right using the c-stick?
The only way that I've found is to keep tap jump on, and use that. This allows you to keep your right thumb on the c-stick, and as soon as you tap jump do the F-air. Other than keeping tap jump on, I can't, for the life of me, do it and ive been doing it in training mode for over an hour.

Top Bottom