• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Using the C-Stick for tilts.

katonjutsu

Smash Cadet
Is this a good idea? I always seem to have a tiny bit of trouble getting off my utilts as a finisher, so as a result, I always go to my bairs and uairs to try and finish off people, which gives me a bit of trouble because I risk/take damage while I'm doing it. Should I use the C-Stick for tilts or continue using it for Smashes for things like Mortar- sliding?

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
Stick with CStick for smashes. Tilts are easy to pull off if you train your hands to or create a circumstance that doesnt make you run or bash your joystick in said direction (ex Rolling, Jumping, Recovery). For your Utilt though, just deactivate Tap to Jump and slowly move the joystick up, simple as that. ;)

Zurik

Smash Rookie
Stick with CStick for smashes. Tilts are easy to pull off if you train your hands to or create a circumstance that doesnt make you run or bash your joystick in said direction (ex Rolling, Jumping, Recovery). For your Utilt though, just deactivate Tap to Jump and slowly move the joystick up, simple as that. ;)
Is that tournament legal? JW, never been able to find any final word on that.

Snack

Smash Cadet
NNID
MrSnackMan
I'd have to agree, C-Stick for smashing is much more convenient for using than for tilts, just, like Jeff said, train your hands. It also helps to turn Tap Jump off when aiming a UTilt, cause tap jump usually makes me jump instead of use UTilt, at least in my case. Best case scenario though is just to try out various schemes and see which one works best with you.

Zurik: When you mean tournament legal, do you mean tap jump being turned off? I don't see why it would be, considering it's just a control preference, unless you were referring to something else.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
I think he was asking about C-Sticking. It should be legal, I hear a lot of complaints of people being called "C-sticking scrubs"

Zurik

Smash Rookie
No I meant turning tilt jumping off. I'm just not familiar with how much lenience we are given on control schemes in tourneys.

Snack

Smash Cadet
NNID
MrSnackMan
I still think it would be allowed, since basically anyone can use that feature, not being limited to certain people/characters or something along those lines, so if you have it on, chances are you just like having it on then.

Fafnir

Smash Apprentice
No I meant turning tilt jumping off. I'm just not familiar with how much lenience we are given on control schemes in tourneys.
Chances are, tap jump off will become the tourney standard, so you have little to worry about.

Anyway, the only tilt that really gives me problems is Ftilt when I'm in a hurry. Fsmash is not a substitute!

VU!?

Smash Cadet
i actually find ftliting with the c-stick is actually harder, since u have to smack it twice really fast. for utilts it might be useful and i actually find it easiest to mortar slide using the cstick for tilts (although its not taht hard with regular controls...)
but im thinking if u want to utilt sum1 in the air u have time to set it up so it shouldnt be hard even if you are terrible at it

Top Bottom