• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Using Stage Builder to Get Every Smash Map

LINKaTINK

Smash Cadet
I'm sure that some of you were just as aggravated as i was that they did not add any Super Smash 64 maps into Brawl, especially of course Dreamland 64. I was wondering if we would somehow be able to incorporate stage builder and/or the internet feature of Brawl to create maps such as Dreamland 64, Fountain of Dreams, Yoshi's Story (Melee), and the original Final Destination, and have them be playable in Brawl. I think it would be wonderful being able to pick from every Smash map ever, who wouldn't want to money match on the Metal Mario Map from 64? And who is not going to miss Poke Float battles. I was just wondering if anybody had any plans for this being possible.

Trash Jack

Smash Rookie
I do remember seeing a video of someone's replica of Hyrule Castle (64) on YouTube, so it is possible. Personally, I'd like to remake as many stages as I possibly could. If not, then at least Peach's Castle (64) and a few of the Target Tests (64 AND Melee).

kooky

Smash Cadet
Afaik it isnt possible to make anything like a blowing tree or floating pokemon. U r only able to build static stages, there are only a few possibilities like moving platforms or spikes or dropping tiles an so on to make ur stage special in a way. As an example, you could build the Hyrule Castle stage of ssb64, but without the whirlwinds.
And, not to forget, something else: I already heard people say that the angles etc you can choose are very limited, so even building melees FD could be very hard.
I'm very sorry about that for you, but to be honest, i think the stage builder will rock, no matter u can every old stage the exact way u know it or not.

LINKaTINK

Smash Cadet
I agree that stage builder will in fact kick ***...i was more saying that even if the re-creation of such maps is impossible, you think nobody will figure out a way to get those maps on the Wii through the internet?

Rikka

Smash Journeyman
Recreating Dreamland 64, FD, and Yoshi's Story seems sort of....pointless.

kooky

Smash Cadet
well i think having these stages isnt necessary for having fun, but still it would be very cool to play at every stage smash players have ever known. I'm honest, i'd love if you could really build them like the original ones. though i think (it's only what i think, i'm no expert or something, i can't tell absolutely for sure) that noone will ever find a way to add unique features like whirlwinds or the teleport pipes (i really miss these^^).
But hey, just think about it: Saffron City of course isn't that cool without a pokemon door, but don't you think even without the p'door there'll be some kind of nostalgy?
I swear, just see the positive things and you'll enjoy the game way more. It's not that i wouldn't love having whirlwinds and such, but hey, you may at least get this feeling of old times. That's more than i ever expected of the game.

EDIT: Well, to show u that there is something that really pisses me: Do u remember that bumper at peach's castle (i'm not sure if it was called like that) in ssb64? I mean that bumper which was part of the stage. Why the heck isn't this a item in the stage builder? you could build really nice fun stages with it...

Qlink

Smash Apprentice
I had 1 question...Can you make scrolling stages like poke floats?

And i dont think you can make obsticals like the whirlwind from hyrule in 64 or enemys or whatever

But it would be sweet if you could

LINKaTINK

Smash Cadet
Well to me the more maps the better, especially familiar classics, so i wouldn't call the addition of maps that some people love as useless, especially Dreamland 64. And i realize that there are limits in stage builder, thus my idea that we get the maps via upload somehow, i don't know the limits of the Wii or are limits with it, you'd think that one of us nerds could figure out a way to get the classic maps to it through the internet.

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
Well, a big part of the fun of these stages are the looks and the hazards. Unless you really like the layout, everything recreated in the Stage Builder will be a little bland.

kooky

Smash Cadet
Maybe Nintendo makes old stages available as DLC. But to be honest, i don't think this will ever happen. The download feature of the Wii is very limited, maybe it is possible, maybe not.
The thing is: If Nintendo really planned to let the stages be available later, y would'nt they tell it in every interview to advertise their product?

Herr Vorragend

Smash Cadet
i have brawl and i already tried some maps

i already recreated:
-hyrule 64 (without the tornados)
-the 64 pokemon level , saffron city or however its called (without the pokemons)
-donkey kong 64 level (without barrel and this 2 platforms just move up and down and not in a circle)
-metroid 64 level (without lava)
-mushroom kingdom 64 (sadly without pipes and walkoffs)
-yoshis island 64 version
-venom from melee

an tried:
-peachs castle from 64 (not easy to recreate bridge and this thing down there^^)

i didnt want to rebuild zector z and dreamland , because theres corneria and battlefield, so i didnt think that there is any need of them

i'll try to rebuild some melee stages, but there are much more hazards than in 64

Olikrom

Smash Cadet
I thought about doing this, but I don't remember the 64 stages well enough. By any chance, are there images of the full stages, without anyone on them?

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
There's a thread I made in the BrawlCentral site, it's in the Stage Discussion and called the 64/MELEE STAGE RECREATION THREAD. In there, a guy posted videos to MANY 64 stages where the recreations are actually pretty good. I'd suggest people who are as interested as I am in the stage builder take a look.

LINKaTINK

Smash Cadet
But kooky, if Nintendo does have the ability to make old maps DLC, and they chose not to do it, doesn't that kinda mean it'd be somehow possible for one of us to do it? and then get the maps out to everyone.

kooky

Smash Cadet
@Herr Vorragend
Would you say that the...let's call it "Nostalgic Feeling" of old days is given when you play those rebuild stages?

@LINKaTINK
You maybe got me wrong (which isn't your fault^^ sry for my bad english).
What i wanted to say is that Nintendo COULD make downloadable stages, but they COULD
also make downloadable Characters. They COULD (at least i think they could, like i said, the download features are limited) but i don't think they ever will.

I know what you mean, but I'll give you an example why it won't work that way.
You can download old games from SNES and N64 to your Wii (don't know how this feature is officially called, but i think you get what i mean). These games are provided by Nintendo only.
The same way NINTENDO COULD add old stages or let's say characters. I don't see a way some uber-leet-programmer-freak could ever to that.
I mean, there aren't any games downloadable for your Wii which are provided by some other guy than nintendo, are there? So why would that happen to DLC for brawl?

Don't mistake me, i would LOVE if somebody could figure out how to do that, i don't want to be pessimistic. It's just...the greater your expectations are, the more devastating your disappointment will be, so don't expect too much...

J18

Smash Journeyman
first thing i'm gonna do is make hyrule castle. i haven't seen a really accurate one so far.
then i'm just gonna experiment

pman154

Smash Rookie
I'll probably make some stages that I miss from Melee. I don't have the exact stage I want to build, but probably Termina Bay, because I just love how you can throw your enemies into the water and watch them drown! Ahahahaha!

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
I've drawn over 45+ stages that I plan to make with the stage builder, including N64 stages, fixed crappy stages (Rumble Falls), Melee stages, and stages that I think are unique and that can fill the stage gap for certain franchises. All of the stages I've drawn are meant to be tournament legal (or not) with no walk-off sides, spikes, or anything else that could be a hazard.

Once Brawl is out in America, I will try my best to make these stages, and if I'm successful, I will try to upload them to that website that ChiboSempai owns. That will make all of my future masterpieces playable for everyone (with an sd card to take them from the internet).

Bensei

Smash Cadet

i already recreated:
-the 64 pokemon level , saffron city or however its called (without the pokemons)
-donkey kong 64 level (without barrel and this 2 platforms just move up and down and not in a circle)
-venom from melee

an tried:
-peachs castle from 64 (not easy to recreate bridge and this thing down there^^)

i didnt want to rebuild zector z and dreamland , because theres corneria and battlefield, so i didnt think that there is any need of them

i'll try to rebuild some melee stages, but there are much more hazards than in 64
Could you post screenshots? I'd like to see :) And you could put a moving plattform under DK64 level. MK64 had POW blocks, can you do them in Stage Builder? And how did you make the clouds ind YI64?

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
I'll probably make some stages that I miss from Melee. I don't have the exact stage I want to build, but probably Termina Bay, because I just love how you can throw your enemies into the water and watch them drown! Ahahahaha!
That's one thing I've been sort of interested in, but not sure of. Is it actually *possible* to get water in the stage builder?

pman154

Smash Rookie
I don't think so, but I'll still have fun throwing them into a bottomless pit! Muhahahahahaha!

Thingy Person

Smash Journeyman
No, no water, no scrolling, no nothing. Esthetics was thrown out of the window for the already very limited material we have. I think you only have solid blocks (with slopes to make smooth hills, luckily), falling blocks, spikes, springboards, gondola wheels, conveyor belts, moving platforms and ladders. Plus, only three different backgrounds = fail. You can't set player starting points, either.
All in all, it's great to make some stages Nintendo wouldn't have though of, or just really unbalanced ones that would've been terrible as official stages, but advanced customization...nah.

X Megadragon

Smash Cadet
Meh, the Stage Builder sounds dissappointing.

When I get my hands on Brawl, I'll remake Melee's *larger* FD. :D

kooky

Smash Cadet
Guys, of course i would have liked more options, but did one of you really expect that they add the stage builder? I wasn't even dreaming of THAT! Just be happy with what you get, you can't change anything if you're dissapointed, can you?
I don't want to stop the discussion, but please, be honest: Would you buy the game without stage builder? I would. It's an extra feature i didn't expect!

joepinion

Smash Apprentice
Is there a remote possibility that there are stage building features that haven't been unlocked yet, such as barrels or something?

It will be fun no matter what although some more tweakability would definitely have been welcome.

kooky

Smash Cadet
Well, afaik no^^
I read a thread in the boars about what is unlockable in the game, and there is every way listed to unlock all the features for stage builder. As far as i understood it, you get a system message that you have unlocked everything when done so. I could be wrong though, but don't hope for new stuff being found, im pretty sure there aren't any hidden features.^^

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Guys, of course i would have liked more options, but did one of you really expect that they add the stage builder? I wasn't even dreaming of THAT! Just be happy with what you get, you can't change anything if you're dissapointed, can you?
I don't want to stop the discussion, but please, be honest: Would you buy the game without stage builder? I would. It's an extra feature i didn't expect!
well I don't anyones neccesary hates stage builder or dissatisfied with it or Sakurai but I feel some people (including myself) are dissapointed simply for the fact that Sakurai could think of such a great feature and yet fail at the glaring obvious ideas such as choosen start ponts and the ability to flip a piece at a 90% angle. We're not saying stage builder sucks because you can't play on a tilted triangle but that it's sad that as great as a feature as it is, it wasn't able to come close to meeting it's potential. It is still a great feature though and I do still look forward to using it :)

Brentos4o8

Smash Ace

RAAR

Smash Apprentice

i already recreated:
-venom from melee

an tried:

Wow why don't you just build Sector Z without The great Fox?

Top Bottom