• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Using Shiek/Zelda in conjunction, Tips?

Moneyman228

Smash Cadet
Alright, so I love both shiek + zelda(shiek a bit more, but Zelda is still my 2nd best character in game) very much, they both have great strategies and hopefully, someday, there will be enough good zelda players to raise her tier level to were it belongs, mid tier.

So my shiek game is good and so is my Zelda, but I was wondering if there are techniques for using them both. I'll give an example of what I mean:

Throw enemy from stage as zelda than switch to shiek for Fair ownage, as a primitive example.

Usually when it comes to swapping between Z and S, I usually only do it to catch my opponent of guard so that he is confused and must now quickly adjust to a new style.

Should I do what the trophy in ssbm says to do? Rack up damage as shiek and than ko with zelda(I don't take that advice seriously I'm just stating another primitive example)?

Any tips appreciated!

FYI: Shiek + Zelda = :cool:

BTW: I didn't post this in shiek forums because they would all flame me for playing as Zelda:laugh:

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
But, we'd flame you for using Sheik... :lick:

Best way to switch is in between stock, over the edge (if your opponent can't reach you), or when your opponent dies. Keep in mind it takes time to switch and many people can take that opportunity to hit you out of it.

S2

Smash Lord
With the time it takes to switch back and forth, there is no combos or strats where its preferable to switch back and forth.

Here is the thing about playing competitively... if your a Sheik player there is literally no reason to turn into Zelda. The only situations where it pays off is in recovery, even then its situational.

If your playing Zelda, you know what you got yourself into. Everyone here knows that she's low on the tier list. We play her because she is fun to play. I myself and a Sheik player, who plays Zelda because its fun. I don't play Zelda because it gives me any advantage (unless your up against the IC), I player her because I like the character and its fun to get good at low tiers.

Also, you'd better be sure you are very good with Zelda if your swapping back and forth (or even just playing as her). She is frustrating to play high level players unless you are very skilled. If you don't know what you are doing, faster characters will give you a very hard time.

That being said, if your swapping back and forth in matches... you'd better be sure you can win. Because people will assume your toying with them.

And yeah, swap either between lives or if you have a large open window (they are recovering, etc).

Theoretically you should have some sort of a mindgames advantage if you can play both well. Especially if your play style changes with each switch. But you have to be very good to pull this off.

Top Bottom