• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Using Pit's Side-B Effectively

Stash23

Smash Rookie
Hehe... well, I'm a pretty good Pit player. But I've been catching my self NOT using Pit's entire arsenal. I'm very good in using his 'A' attacks and occasional Mirror Shield, oh and the aimed Neutral B shots, but what I'm asking is how and when is it best to use Pit's Side-B? I have used it once in a while, but I feel too open because of it's lag time, especially if my opponent escapes. So again, any ideas when, how or what combo works best for using the side-b?

drag0nfeather

Smash Journeyman
When you're 5 feet away from your opponent, scaled down, you can use it. Don't use it every time you're in that situation though. Catch them unexpected.

This is also better applied when they are at low damage so you can rack up damage. If they have high damage, it's better to go for the knockout.

I think the best way to use it is to press B again if you plan to continue the stream by pressing it at the last second. This is difficult timing but it protects against forms of attack that can evade your Angel Ring by letting you be able to cancel the attack earlier.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Pit can use Angel Ring to serve as a damage racker and a reflector at the same time. I do not recommend using this often. Surprise the enemy and then you might get him.

thehunger77

Smash Rookie
If you're slightly spaced from your opponent and they have their sheild up use side-b. After the initial attack keep tapping B until you break through their sheild.

NekoBoy085

Smash Apprentice
The only time I use it is in two situations. To cause damage while reflecting objects. And to get in front of my teammate just before he gets hit to reflect an object or projectile.

Pit's combo does better damage in my opinion and has a MUCH better recovery time to combo on.

drag0nfeather

Smash Journeyman
I think Pit's jab combo and his Side-B deserve to be used in their own special occasions. When I mean to use a jab, it's often to be a combo-starter or interrupter since it comes out fast. I don't want my jab to be like Meta Knight's which requires time to cooldown and isn't really a combo starter except with down-smash.

I like to use the side-B when my opponent is coming at me and I know he won't roll so it'll send him to the back of the Angel Ring and he'll have a hard time escaping.

Using Pit's A combo as a combo-interrupter mean that I'll be pressing it so slowly that it won't head into the continuous combo. I only ever do the continuous combo by accident now. If I only use one A-attack as a combo interrupter, there's virtually no lag and I chain it with a Forward smash because the opponent will have hit-stun.

NekoBoy085

Smash Apprentice
I think Pit's jab combo and his Side-B deserve to be used in their own special occasions. I don't really use Pit's continuous A combo because it's hard to time. When I mean to use a jab, it's often to be a combo-starter or interrupter since it comes out fast. I don't want my jab to be like MetaKnight's which requires time to cooldown and isn't really a combo starter except with down-smash.

I like to use the side-B when my opponent is coming at me and I know he won't roll so it'll send him to the back of the Angel Ring and he'll have a hard time escaping. You can't lunge like you can with the side-B.

Using Pit's A combo as a combo-interrupter MEANS that I'll be pressing it so slow that it won't head into the continuous combo. I only ever do the continuous combo by accident now. If I only use one A-attack as a combo interrupter, there's virtually no lag and I chain it with a Forward smash because the opponent will have hit-stun.
Solution to your last paragraph. Hold A to do the three hit combo. Tap A to start the continuous combo and once it starts looping, hold it as long as you want to keep it going.

drag0nfeather

Smash Journeyman
Solution to your last paragraph. Hold A to do the three hit combo. Tap A to start the continuous combo and once it starts looping, hold it as long as you want to keep it going.
What I meant is that I don't like the rapid-A combo.

The point I was trying to make is that as a combo-interrupter, I need my jab to have no lag (lag which would result from holding the A button for a continuous combo) so I can immediately start up with my own combo before my opponent has time to react. Since I react with a forward smash, if I'm spamming my A-button combo, my C-stick would cause me to continue the A-button combo.

QUITE UNFAVORABLE.

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
I used it once as an edge guard before. But I wouldn't recommend doing it over and over cause it may become predictable and also easily avoidable. But it looks hella wicked when you do hit it off stage. :p

Other than that, I do it after shielding or simply use it for spacing like mentioned above. XD

NxC

Smash Apprentice
Since the angel ring usually elevates the opponent up, and then shoots them out a bit away from you once they reach the top, it's a great damage racker if you know when to stop.

However I find myself using it to reflect projectiles while airborne, since the mirror shield tends to fail at that.

At any rate, if you start spamming it, you become the target in any match, just so everyone can shut you up. I personally don't find the noise /that/ annoying, but some people seem to.

Top Bottom