• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Using Misfire as a viable weapon

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
12.5%? Hilarious.

I ain't saying it ain't true, but why let it stop you?

From my personal experience, I misfire 25% (I kid you not) of the time at the beginning of a match, before the GO! logo leave the screen. Results? 25% damage while the opponent is still dazed.

I have played Luigi for some time since 2007, and I have basically revolved my game around a couple things, dairs and misfires, and I personally think that a fox at 40% hit with an utilt, is asking for a misfire, even if there are better options.

What I'd like to know is what you guys think? Do you use the misfire as a weapon, or a piece of luck to help you recover from time to time?

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Yes. Suboptimal or not. Unexpected yes. But the results are golden. Here is a crew battle here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mbgXZVrvwo&feature=related

Throwing it out with good spacing will guarantee good kills. In fact, most of my friends (Including Axe. OMG I <3 JEFFY-POO) do their hardest to not to punish me for a failed missle for they know I aim to kill :D Seriously, Misfire is a viable weapon

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Misfire can work, but I wouldn't use the term "viable" because misfire is random. You can't rely on random. I would say use misfire as a desperation move if you need a quick unexpected kill. If green missile gets blocked or dodged the opponent gets a free hit. so 87.5% of the time you are asking a fox to upsmash you or a marth to fsmash you or a puff to rest you.

It is not a good idea. The only time I would probably try this is after I upthrow a fast faller.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
i try to misfire during friendlies mostly, and since i suck with weegee, if i cant continue a combo on a spacie i'll missile and hope its a misfire.

mostly good for fun, **** when it works.

wowremy

Smash Rookie
I'd have to say the only time its actually viable is when you would have hit with a regular missle also.
When you knw where they will be.

Top Bottom