• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Using GC controller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rachman

be water my friend
So, at the moment I'm definitely most into Melee/PM. However, I wanted to start getting into 64 but don't have the funds to get 64 equipment (plus I actually can't stand the 64 controller and I couldn't even when that was the only controller I've ever used...) However, I do have the new 4-port Mayflash WiiU adapter that's usable for PC. Could that be used with Project 64 or any other decent emulation to play? I'd really like to start playing a little 64 (it probably won't ever be my main focus but going to weeklies wouldn't be out of the question) but I'm mostly curious about the possibility of using a GC controller to play 64, potentially even outside of the emulator, although that's the biggest deal at the moment for sure. Thanks in advance!

Shears

Smash Master
So, at the moment I'm definitely most into Melee/PM. However, I wanted to start getting into 64 but don't have the funds to get 64 equipment (plus I actually can't stand the 64 controller and I couldn't even when that was the only controller I've ever used...) However, I do have the new 4-port Mayflash WiiU adapter that's usable for PC. Could that be used with Project 64 or any other decent emulation to play? I'd really like to start playing a little 64 (it probably won't ever be my main focus but going to weeklies wouldn't be out of the question) but I'm mostly curious about the possibility of using a GC controller to play 64, potentially even outside of the emulator, although that's the biggest deal at the moment for sure. Thanks in advance!
Check the index thread that is stickied, it will give you instructions to playing online. All you really need is a driver (which the WiiU adapter might self install) so your computer recognizes the device as a game controller or other input device. If the adapter works with dolphin or any other emulator then it should definitely work with 64. From there, follow the instructions in the index thread an you should be online playing.

As far as playing on console, you can get the adapter as mentioned above. I own two of them and they work great. I run a weekly 64 tournament in Baltimore and we always have extra 64 controllers for people that don't have their own (usually melee kids), so if there is a weekly in your area and you're willing to tolerate a 64 controller, people should have an extra controller for you to borrow and start playing some console.

Rachman

be water my friend
As long as there are drivers telling Windows what to do with the adapter, it should work. You will also be able to use your Gamecube controller outside of emulation with this adapter: http://www.raphnet-tech.com/products/gc_to_n64_adapter/
That's so bad ass. Is there significant input lag/any other problems with the adapter? I know raphnet usually has a good reputation but haven't heard of that particular adapter.

If it sticks I might save up for a 64 set up too but as a college student who already wastes his money far too quickly, it might be awhile. 64 seems cool as **** though and I'd really like to get into it. Maybe a little off topic but around what cost and where could I find a 64 with smash? Probably going to have to stick to emulating/using other people's set ups for awhile if its nearly as much as I'd imagine it would cost.

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
That's so bad ***. Is there significant input lag/any other problems with the adapter? I know raphnet usually has a good reputation but haven't heard of that particular adapter.

If it sticks I might save up for a 64 set up too but as a college student who already wastes his money far too quickly, it might be awhile. 64 seems cool as **** though and I'd really like to get into it. Maybe a little off topic but around what cost and where could I find a 64 with smash? Probably going to have to stick to emulating/using other people's set ups for awhile if its nearly as much as I'd imagine it would cost.

You COULD stick to Emu but there is frame delay online.

http://www.amazon.com/Super-Smash-B...&qid=1427140213&sr=1-1&keywords=smash+bros+64

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-64-S..._2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1427140199&sr=1-2

Rachman

be water my friend
That's a fair price actually but I think I'll stick to emulation for awhile at least. While I know how much 1 frame can be (from PM to Melee) it won't really matter til I get relatively decent. I appreciate all the assistance and I'll probably be back to read the stickies and ask stupid questions again sometime soon :)

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
That's so bad ***. Is there significant input lag/any other problems with the adapter? I know raphnet usually has a good reputation but haven't heard of that particular adapter.

I have a Raphnet GC to 64. 0-1 frame of delay, not noticeable at all.

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
Look at ebay and thrift stores, i got a dirty n64 online for like 18 bucks, the outside looked nasty but it actually worked better than my other n64 lol i just then cleaned it up and it was good to go :) I Have 3 N64's now lol

D

Deleted member

N64 controller or go home. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom