• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Using Dash Dancing as Doc?

cepp1028

Smash Rookie
I've been watching a lot of Shroomed recently and noticed how often he in-cooperated DD into his Doc game. I was wondering what you guys thought of DD on Doc, what he can do out of it, best times to use it, etc. And also, tips for a semi beginner to Melee and Doc to point me in the right direction for improving. Thanks

VGmasta

Smash Lord
I think Shroomed usually uses dash dance to zone his opponent, create pressure, delay his attacks without physically standing still.

I use dash dancing for the same reasons.

I like to use it to space around a shielding opponent without getting to close to his/her shield. It gives me a chance to see what my opponent likes to do after shielding.

From there, break the dash dance off with a wavedash, a jump or a shield according to what my opponent does after shielding. If I find they like to jump out of shield, I like to preemptively full hop a n-air to disrupt their jump or get under them with an uptilt or up-air.

Last edited:
Top Bottom