• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Using Berries to Lower EVs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nafix

Smash Apprentice
I have a level 100 metagross. I want to take out ev's from his special defense and use those ev's for speed. If I did this, will there even be any effect? Can stat changes occur when a pokemon is already at level 100 other than through evolution?

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
All you can do is lower the EVs. There wont be any way to gain them back afterwards though because level 100 pokemon cant gain any experience. The only exception is if you use vitamins, but remember they only work for the first 100 EVs. If Metagross already has over 100 EVs then it wont raise any higher. You'd be better off just keeping the EVs where they are. There's no point in lowering them and not being able to boost them back up.

Oh, and you cant EV train level 100 pokemon, put them in the PC, withdraw, and expect the stats to go up. I've tried it, and it doesn't work.

Nafix

Smash Apprentice
o man, what a bummer. are there any ar codes to lower levels? i feel like my metagross sucks with only 166 speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom