• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Uses for short hop double fair?

Wafflesaurus

Smash Cadet
NNID
Wafflesaurus
When comboing.
Retreating double fair (or pivot double fair) can be good, too. It catches a lot of opponents that try to get into your space or that recklessly jump at you.
Fair is a really good anti air move, the second fair lets you keep going after you swat someone out of the air with the first one.

Last edited:

Yokubou

Smash Rookie
As Wafflesaurus said, comboing and catching people approaching with poor timing or bad spacing. Of course, don't do it all the time - any mindless habit is bad. Also keep in mind that a single fair gives you more control over timing.

StickyIcky

Smash Rookie
I am still not fast enough to do this although I have tried. Do you personally c-stick for this or do you use A?

StickyIcky

Smash Rookie
Ah, I'l keep workin on it I guess. I wasn't aware there was a timing aspect, I thought I was just straight-up not fast enough.

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
Ah, I'l keep workin on it I guess. I wasn't aware there was a timing aspect, I thought I was just straight-up not fast enough.
No, there's a very specific timing for it. Also, most people say that it's a good idea to learn to do it with the C-Stick, too, just in case you want to do a fading SH double fair. I'll get around to that eventually, but until you've gotten down a lot of other skills, I daresay the A button suffices.

DeadPigeon

Smash Apprentice
Also important to note that this works because fair ends before you hit the ground if you input it fast enough. This means you can sh fair into any move. Something the moon likes to do is sh fair waveland.

Yokubou

Smash Rookie
I am still not fast enough to do this although I have tried. Do you personally c-stick for this or do you use A?
As FE_Hector said, it's about timing, not mashing. An easy way to think of it is one fair on the way up and the other on the way down. The timing isn't super tight, but neither is it too lenient.
I would recommend using C-stick for all of your aerials.

Top Bottom