• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Use save data on a friends console?

Psytrese

Smash Cadet
Is it possible to record my save data to an SD card for use at a friends house? I can't find the option anywhere on my Wii U and it's making me pine for the days when doing this was as easy as removing your memory card.

Am I just missing the option somewhere or is there a way around this?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Wii U data can not be saved on an SD card. They can only be saved on the Wii U's hard drive or an external hard drive (and I don't think you can copy data to another Wii U user account/profile)

Psytrese

Smash Cadet
Yeah looks like you can transfer through USB but you can't transfer that data to another profile. Seems to be only for use as a backup but that's not what I'm looking for. I want to have all the characters and stages that I've unlocked ready for use elsewhere without having to lug my console about with me.

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
Yeah looks like you can transfer through USB but you can't transfer that data to another profile. Seems to be only for use as a backup but that's not what I'm looking for. I want to have all the characters and stages that I've unlocked ready for use elsewhere without having to lug my console about with me.
lol. Like the console is even that big. Sure, it's not the gamecube, but I bring my Wii U over to a friends house whenever we play Smash and it's really not that bad.

Psytrese

Smash Cadet
It's not the point. The guy has a Wii U. An SD card can fit in my pocket, a Wii U cannot. It requires being unplugged from my TV and power point, put in to a bag, lugged around, then my friends console has to unplugged from his TV and power point then replaced with mine. Finally when we're done I have to repeat the process in reverse. And during this entire time if my flatmates want to play Wii U? Tough ****. Whereas at my friends I'm sitting with a spare gathering dust in a corner.

It's inconvenient when 15 years ago the process was simple. All the data would be saved to a memory card and all game cases even provided a space where you could keep it during transport.

Top Bottom