• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Use of the Glide attack

Corigames

Smash Hero
I have watched a lot of Pit videos, but all of them lack the use of the glide attack. Why is that?

Of course it is common to use it just before you land so that you don't lay on the ground, but it's an ok move on its own. Characters at about 120-150 can usually be knocked off depending on how light/heavy they are. Plus, people, in my experience, don't know how to handle gliding. You can go up and down to throw them off and then come in for the attack for example. It also works well straight from his recovery because... well... you are already gliding :/

Another reason why I like this move is because you can't really "spam" it. If you haven't noticed, the diminishing moves thing can make it hard to kill with his F-smash or Bair after you have used it for a while or have survived a stock and need to go for the kill again. The glide is a good approach and the move sends them straight up, a position I usually find good for Pit. SO, I use my arrows, F-smash, and Bair to rack up damage and then come in with a glide attack. This works very good for me, so why don't I see other peopel doing it?

As a note: I don't always use it to kill, it also starts some combos at 0 pretty good and other moves also have good kill potential. I do have mindgames; what else do you expect from the world's best Pit? Anyway, that's my question.

Nublet

Smash Rookie
i don't think you've seen very many of UndrDog's matches. he uses it often, especially when he gets knocked up (no pun intended). go check his thread, its somewhere on the Pit forums.

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
I've been really enjoying the glide attack recently. It has a good bit of start up lag so if your opponent is familiar with it they'll pressure you as soon as you try that second jump but the attack has good priority, range and you can land with no lag.

Also I noticed the knockback tends to be really directional in the way that you are gliding. On maps where you can glide through the level (delphino for example) you can glide at them from underneath and knock them off the top at relatively low percent I killed a shiek at 60% with this yesterday.

Corigames

Smash Hero
i don't think you've seen very many of UndrDog's matches. he uses it often, especially when he gets knocked up (no pun intended). go check his thread, its somewhere on the Pit forums.
No, I'm pretty sure I've seen all of his videos on youtube. I went through his whole account and watched all of his videos. He didn't use it much at all.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I don't think I could use it more... v_v Plus I have like eighty Pit matches on YouTube. lol

Corigames

Smash Hero
I know, and I think I have seen them all O_O

(If you could only see my eyes... red... so red and itchy)

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I just like to use puns with the word "Under" or in this case, "Undr". ^_^ The actual comment was only an excuse to use one. lol

Top Bottom