• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Squid Use for Splattershot?

chaostails7

Smash Cadet
Hey all,

Recently got into Inkling, and am really liking how they feel. However, one thing bugs me - I can't find a use for Splattershot. It seems whenever I try to use it in neutral, it is pretty punishable, and doesn't apply ink as efficiently as a jab combo or roller -> smash attack.

Any tips on where to use this move? Like maybe it gimps Chrom's recovery or something?

popemanz

Smash Apprentice
mario's downb but it does damage so how would it gimp any other charater

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I almost never use it. I just don't see the opportunities. They surely are there but I miss them.

KuroKitt10

Smash Journeyman
its free shield pressure, so it can be used as a get off me move if theyre in front of you, because if they drop shield theyl get hit and inked a bit
Additionally, if they're smart and just hold shield while you splat, keep in mind that you'll know exactly when you're going to stop, but they won't: so mix your timing up. They'll have to react, or attempt a prediction, and that can lead to some mind games into a follow up.

That said, I mostly find it useful against opponents who have short range and are especially dash happy. It's free ink, and keeps them off you - and then you can shield/dodge if they rush you and follow up with extra damage per hit.

Tart

Smash Cadet
Aside from an option to mix things up, it works pretty well if your opponent approaches you by air and doesn't have long-ranged aerials. It hits fast so by the time they can land they'll be very inked. Slower, non-projectile characters have a little tougher time countering it. If they try to jump over it you have plenty of time to back out and counter their option.

There are some pretty funny matchup dependent things you can do with it too. Aim up a bit at a distance and it will detonate Snake's grenades in his hands or when he tries to throw them. It also pushes all of Olimar's Pikmin back at him so it's fun to use it in neutral vs. him.

Last edited:
Top Bottom