• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Uptilt Shield Poking

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
So, was messing around with ZSS yesterday, and found out something interesting. If you use a dash attack and your opponent shields it, due to the zero downtime and interruptibility, you can immediately segue into an uptilt. The benefit of this is that against most opponents, this will shield poke them and hit them, despite their shielding. This seems like a potentially useful strategy for approaching opponents who tend toward shield grabs.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
This is known already. You can also do the dash attack into a d tilt and sort of an up smash
Is it like Falco's and Snake's dash attack(canceled) into up smash?
Or is it just a follow up?

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
I'm talking about more than just how the dash attack is interuptible.

The main point I'm making here is that Dash Attack -> Uptilt will hit a shielding opponent every time, making the dash attack effectively non-shieldgrabbable.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Oh I see, you sure about that though? I think you can still get shield grabbed, but this will make the up-tilt the most useful move out of dash attack regardless.

Top Bottom