• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

uptilt footstool to dair lock tech shenanigans!

sirchadakiss18

Smash Journeyman

Certain stuff is percentage based, down angled fsmash is really good at 60-70% for tech chase ups!

the utilt footstool thing is iffy, work at diff percents on chars. did it a few times on For glory but kids are really just eh, seems legit. might not be. there's always DI and fastest aerial at their option.

EDIT: always look for opportunities to chase a missed tech for dair locks!

Last edited:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
What stood out to me is using Mac's bad double-jump to cancel footstool momentum. D-Tilt -> N-Air is a true combo at many percents; I imagine D-Tilt -> N-Air -> footstool stuff works as well.

Last edited:

sirchadakiss18

Smash Journeyman
What stood out to me is using Mac's bad double-jump to cancel footstool momentum. D-Tilt -> N-Air is a true combo at many percents; I imagine D-Tilt -> N-Air -> footstool stuff works as well.

Actually tested this on Falcon around 20% , got him 2x in a row, WE ARE MAKING PROGRESS! OH MY GOD!

EDIT: Nvm, Some how (Hopefully not) Sakurai wont be a lil ***** and patch this out some how ffs

Last edited:

Tonsana

Smash Apprentice
You can also do fair and bair on tall characters. Fair around 60-80 %, run up dairlock, turn back charge Usmash. The will often die from this.

elmuchogrumpy

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure I quite understand what's happening. So if they miss a tech on the ground and you hit them with a dair it will lock them into a stand up animation?

Roager

Smash Ace
I'm not sure I quite understand what's happening. So if they miss a tech on the ground and you hit them with a dair it will lock them into a stand up animation?
Yes.

More specifically, when a fighter gets hit by something light while they're on the ground, they get put in this odd 'lock' state where they bounce in place and then have to stand up. No roll or attack. Jabs are the most universal way, but not the most convenient. This takes advantage of Mac's pitiful air knockback to create a sort of flying jab.

Last edited:
Top Bottom