• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upstate Battle #2 Results

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Melee Singles

1. JesiahTEG ($60.00)
2. Beta ($30.00)
3. PikaPika! ($10.00)
4. Vicious
5. K.I.D.Goggles
5. Trademark
7. Erk
7. Asylum
9. NightroGlycerine
9. Flaw
9. Spamus
9. Humps

Melee Doubles

1. Team K.I.D. ($24.00)
2. WNY ($12.00)
3. Giga Drill Break ($4.00)
4. Kings right to the first night

Couple of quick notes about the tourney:

Although the turnout was low, it was actually really fun to watch other matches besides just finals, and some of them were actually pretty intense. Between the pizza, food, drinks I bought, I went negative despite winning singles. That's ok. Money isn't that much of a factor for me when it comes to running the tourneys.

I was most disappointed with my inconsistency. It's been about 5 years now that I've been playing, and I still have yet to be a consistent player. It's really frustrating, and I got into a slump after the tournament where I couldn't even think or execute. My execution was off the whole time, but then after I lost my mental game too.

It's been a while since I've been demotivated in Smash, but all players go through slumps I guess. Thanks to everyone who came. I'll keep hostin, you keep comin, and I'll do shoutouts later...well, I'll do one now...

BETA! You're getting ridiculous dude. Keep it up. Your fox is becoming a force to be reckoned with. Mad respect.

Same to you Paul. The three people that came from Syracuse are SOLID. (Beta, Trademark, Paul.) Hope to see more from you guys.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Also, ANYONE THAT WANTS TO GO TO ZENITH, PM ME OR TEXT ME @ 585-520-8631. I'm leaving Friday around 2:30 ish. Gonna get a hotel room and whatnot, so hit me up. Don't let me go alone! :-P

huMps

Smash Ace
Straight up never won a game in tourney. Not set, GAME! Get at me!

And I've played pyro twice ):

flaw

Smash Apprentice
Straight up never won a game in tourney. Not set, GAME! Get at me!

And I've played pyro twice ):
Ha you almost came back against me. I probably would have lost a 3rd match, too.

Tourney was still a lot of fun, enjoyed debating game of thrones in the kitchen while we protected beta from neil trying to kill him and all that

BetaBahamut

Smash Journeyman
Just posting to say this tourny was awesome. Jesse deserves major props for these tournys. They are always mad fun. shoutouts to hopefully come later.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Nice results. Hope everyone enjoyed yourselves at the tournament. I was on my way back to Rochester that night so I could not attend.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Y'all should try to make it out to any of the NESS Circuit tournaments.
MM5A gonna be the last one, August 5th. Will have a special bonus for any out of-NE players that make it to the 8-Man Pro Bracket -- I'm looking at you Jesse!

Good job winning this too. I definitely feel you on the consistency thing.

Top Bottom