• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upsmash...Covering The Distance

RPK

Smash Lord
First off, you guys know the base stuff. 17% damage, and can throw out the full power of this move from when his feet take off of the ground to above him basically. From there its about 13% power...Of course I just wanna cover this for the amount of distance that you should be able to cover. Go into stage builder and just make a giant stage using the small sized blocks. Those are going to be the standard measurement that I am going to be using for this...
[ ]-This is one block
[] -This is half a block

(Fox starts with his foot on the edge of a block (Fox)*[block])
We are first going to be covering the total length of Fox's upsmashes...Yes, all of them.
The approximate range for his upsmash is probably like...1/4th of a block which I cant really show here...Next up is the range of his running up smash from standing.

[ ][]​

According to this, the range of his running upsmash, when starting it up instantly is about 1 1/2 blocks. It has a decent amount of range on it. However...When you charge it.

[ ][ ]​

The range of the upsmash increase by another 1/2 thus increasing the range of your upsmash. In addition it starts up right as you take off, and starts charging after 1/2 a block. You can tell when it starts charging when you hear a clicking sound. If you listen to Fox closely, he makes a click when he starts charging up compared to when he just does it instantly. When you hear the click, you have begun charging your upsmash. Congrats! In addition to it you are now charging a move for 1 1/2 blocks, and increasing your sliding range as well. More power and range. Good stuff. Though next were going to be covering his Fox Trot in combination with a regular upsmash.

[ ][ ][]​

It does increase the range on the upsmash, however at most your going to have about the range range which is about 1 and 1/2. Of course with the charge

[ ][ ][ ]​

Your going to be able to cover about 3 squares and have the ability to charge up to gain that extra half square that you might need in order to reach the opponent. By adding the first part of the Fox trot, you gain that extra square that you need. Same with the one above, but I just didnt bother to mention it for some reason =/ Anyways, next it is going to be covering his Fox Trotting. Just back and forth.

[ ][ ]​

With his Fox Trot, were going to be starting with the back of his foot on the line, instead of his front foot. When Fox is Fox Trotting back and forth he is able to quickly cover two squares with ease and as you guys are probably doing, you Fox trot back and forth to cover those spaces when your opponent is probably coming down or just to try and confuse him and blah....So that brings me to this...

[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]​

Fox has the ability to cover 8 squares with his upsmash.

----------FTvvv---------

When Fox Trotting he is covering those two squares, and can also easily stop with a true pivot and Upsmash in those areas that he is covering. In addition he can also go cover this much distance

a----b-a-----b
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]​

If he starts the Fox trot to dash upsmash from point A he can reach there, while if he goes from point be he can reach...Well you get it. And now from a full stage view he is able to cover this...

a------b-a----b-a-----b

Essentially 8 squares worth if he is just Fox trotting back and forth in the middle of the two center squares, he can start his fox trot dash, charge upsmash at any of the points and end at the other end where he will come to a halt and stop. Still charging though. And also during any of the times Id say...a block away from where it had started, he can release the charge at anytime before he arrives at the other point.

Also...I give, again...exact kill percents from the center of FD at 100% power, (not 105% like in a regular brawl) with no DI, momentum reduction, or charge.

Dedede: 111
Snake: 108
Donkey Kong: 107
Bowser: 104
Captain Falcon: 103
Ganondorf: 102
Ike: 102
Charizard: 100
Link: 100

Wolf: 99
Wario: 99
Samus: 97
ROB: 97
Yoshi: 97
Wolf: 99
Ivysaur: 96
Lucario: 94
Mario: 93
Sonic: 93
Pit: 93
Luigi: 92
Ness: 92
Diddy Kong: 91
Lucas: 91
Marth: 90

Ice Climbers: 89
Toon Link: 89
Falco: 87
Peach: 86
Olimar: 86
Zelda: 85
Pikachu: 85
Zero Suit Samus: 85
Shiek: 84
Kirby: 82
Fox: 82
Meta Knight: 82
Mr. Game & Watch: 80

Squirtle: 78
Jigglypuff: 76

So...A charge will kill earlier than the percents listed. Again, since it was in training mode, it will usually kill at these percents since the move has more knockback in a regular brawl if at 105% power.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
So in what wayz would this sliding distance from the charged usmash from a foxtrot be applicable? Is it faster? Is it kinda like a dacus?

oh, and hi Pink ;D

RPK

Smash Lord
Gotta wait till the stupid thing processes though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WJJ_NrcApk

There isnt anything pointing anything out, but the way I move, and set things up should make it pretty obvious...

EDIT: If you guys want, I can make another video with some commentary behind it >_> And on Battlefield so you can get another understanding of it's distance.

EDIT2: Too late, made another one x3 couldnt help it. Uploading it right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6cx7jeiDiY

This one is on battlefield, and I commentate it.

Top Bottom