• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

uploaded a couple vids, check em out Google Vid and Youtube

quak

Smash Champion
Rob wasn't playing very well, he SD's a few times, but we were recording for once, so i thought it wouldn't hurt to post em anyways.

Neither vid had any sound for some weird reason, but i added System of a Down songs to each, just to give you something to listen to, if you don't like it, mute the vid and play ur own tunes.

Quak (Mewtwo) Vs RTRM (Sheik) Match 1 on Google

Quak (Mewtwo) Vs RTRM (Sheik) Match 2 on Google

Quak (Mewtwo) Vs RTRM (Sheik) Match 1 on YouTube

Quak (Mewtwo) Vs RTRM (Sheik) Match 2 on YouTube

Oh and Lebron's lightning lemonade gum is the best ****ing bubblicious i've had ever.

Muz

Smash Apprentice
its hard to judge how good your mewtwo is from those vids since the sheik wasn't all that great. why wasn't the sheik shuffling, spamming needles, grabbing like crazy, sweet spotting, crouch cancel countering.....ugh i cringed when i saw the full hopped slow fall bairs right onto mewtwo's shield. this shiek obviously needs practice against more human players not to mention against mewtwo. true mewtwo skill shows when you are able to approach a campy sheik through mind games, which was unnecessary in this match.
You definitely have a good handle on mewtwo, the tech skill is all there, and you punished your opponents many mistakes. one flaw i saw in your play (mostly after midway in second match) was that you would wd too close to him and then downtilt, or just downtilt when you were really close to him, you gotta space those better so that its just clips his feet as to avoid shield grabs. or if you're gonna get that close, might as well try for a grab instead since it'll catch him if he shields, or if he tries to jump. also, you tend to backthrow alot instead of comboing/tech chasing with a downthrow/upthrow, but it worked out for you since the sheik di'ed the throws badly and was pretty bad at getting back to the stage.

quak

Smash Champion
i already mentioned that rob wasn't playing well, 'nuff said

you're right, i should watch my spacing more carefully with the d-tilt

upthrow combos only really work with fastfallers at low percentages and stages with no platforms

Thanks for the tips

Pdiz

Smash Apprentice
Alright.. sooooo first of all, you REALLY REALLY need to learn how to perfect wavedash. In my opinion that is one of the most crucial things to learn and know in order to have a really good mewtwo. Too many times you were wavedashing like 3 times all in a row in order to get to a shiek more than halfway across the stage. This isn't going to work... Either the shiek will stop you short with needles, or any decent player would see your approach coming from a mile away and counter it accordingly. A perfect wavedash will enable you to cover a much greater distance much more quickly, which therefore enables you to catch your enemy off guard. Learn it, use it. It's not the quantity of wavedashes that matter, it's the quality ;)

Next, you used the fair as an approach waaaaay to much. Typically you're going find yourself either missing the attack, getting a smash to the face, or both. If it had more range, then that would be a difference story, but it doesn't so there's like no point in using it as one of your main approaches. I will say, however, throwing in SHUFFLED fair (which you weren't doing), as an approach EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE, can be a very good way to catch your enemy off guard. So if you're gonna approach with an fair when the player is far away, AT LEAST shuffle it.

Another thing about your fairs was that you would end a potential combo against sheik waaay to early. You would get a dtilt in (good), and then you would half the time follow up with a fair right after, even at low percent. This doesn't really help you at all since you pretty much end your combo right there. The better thing to do would be to dtilt 1 or 2 more times, then grab them and down throw them followed by dtilt or tech chase.

Speaking of tech-chasing and down throw combos, especially against shiek, you need to work on it. When you dthrow shiek, she pretty much has 2 options. A) She can DI away from you and almost ALWAYS will tech away from you, or B) She will DI toward you or not at all. In the case that she DI's away from you, that is where you need to immediate PERFECT WAVEDASH after her, and catch her in time with either another dtilt or grab. If you try just using a normal wavedash, you won't reach her in time. In the case that she DI's toward or not at all, then you need to dtilt again, which will pop her up nicely so that you can grab her again and repeat (assuming she's not too high of percentage).

That's all I could think about when watching your matches. You have potential, but you still need a lot of work.

quak

Smash Champion
thanks for the tips pdiz, i've been working on extending my wd, and ur right, it's so much better than just wd'ing twice, plus it enables tech chasing

Top Bottom