• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

-updated- rate another theoritical team

Vro

Smash Lord
thanks so much guys! i'm taking your advice and adjusting this team. i'm hoping for it to go somewhere, so i appreciate all criticism.

Mr. Mime @ Light Clay
Filter
Bold
252 def, 252 hp, 6 sp def
Psychic
Baton Pass
Reflect
Calm Mind

open with a passer. gave it psychic to prevent taunters =)

Cradily @ Big Root
Suction Cups
Calm
252 hp, 252 sp def, 6 def
Stockpile
Recover
Toxic
Giga Drain

Removed swallow for a better recover. Giga drain for coverage and toxic to force switches or stall.

Sableye @ Lum Berry
Keen Eye
Bold
252 hp, 252 def, 6 sp def
Mean Look
Recover
Taunt
Night Shade

i still like this guy.. mean look + taunt/night shade = win

Arcanine @ Life Orb
Flash Fire
Jolly
252 speed, 252 atk, 6 hp
Agility
Crunch
Flare Blitz
Thunder Fang

physical sweeper.. not sur eif agility is the right thing..

Mismagius @ Choice Scarf
Levitate
Timid
252 speed, 252 sp atk, 6 hp
HP Ice
Thunderbolt
Focus Blast
Shadow Ball

special sweeper, focus blast for amazing coverage. decided to go with the scarf.

Shuckle @ Leftovers
Sturdy
Relaxed
Substitute
Earthquake
Power Trick
Rock Slide

physical tank with a 'bam right in the kisser' button waiting.

-main point of this team is to have it be durable while still pumping out sufficient damage.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I really appreciated the advice I got last time on a team I thought of. I'm really enthused once again in Pokemon after learning I didn't have to grind 300 hours+ to have fun. =)

I'm not very good with the tier lists, but I tried to do all UU's.

Mr. Mime @ Light Clay
Filter
Bold
252 def, 252 sp def, 6 hp
Substitute
Baton Pass
Reflect
Calm Mind

funny little guy to open up with. i'm going for a setup for any of my other guys, dunno if i should replace reflect. i put light clay because i didn't want to use leftovers twice.

Good. Taunt owns you...

Cradidly @ Leftovers
Suction Cups
Careful
Stockpile
Swallow
Sandstorm
Earthquake

i always thought stockpile was interesting and with swallow, it works out quite well. i just want to set up sandstorm up and maybe eq.

Sure. You could always Stockpile your defenses and not worry about getting Roared away.

Sableye @ Lum Berry
Keen Eye
Calm
Mean Look
Recover
Taunt
Night Shade

weakness to nothing, i couldn't resist. get a good mean eye selection, night shade + taunt could be disastrous.

:)

Arcanine @ Life Orb
Flash Fire
Jolly
252 speed, 252 atk, 6 hp
Roar
Crunch
Flare Blitz
Howl

my physical sweeper. i'm not sure if roar is very applicable, but forcing switch out sounds like a free turn for boosting. does howl raise attack by 2 stages?

Howl raises attack by 1. You might want T-Fang in there...

Mismagius @ Choice Specs
Levitate
Timid
HP Ice
Thunderbolt
Psychic
Shadow Ball

very fast and awesome special sweeper.

:)

Shuckle @ Smooth Rock
Sturdy
Relaxed
252 hp, 129 def, 129 sp def
Stealth Rock
Rest
Sleep Talk
Bide

i have no clue why others don't use this guy. he seems genius.. really! bide + stealth rock = someone forced to die.

Looks good.
Well thought-out team. Heracross could take out half your team...but Arcanine gets rid of him eventually.

TeryMeter: 6.9/10

Vro

Smash Lord
thanks for the suggestions. should i replace mr. mime and change any others moves in particular?

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Why does Shuckle have Smooth Rock when he's not using Sandstorm?

As stated before, give Mr. Mime something to work with.

Cradily is massive setup bait. I won't tell you what to do with it as anybody with any decent sort of move can setup hard on the epic mass of fail that is Cradily, but in terms of moves, you may want to consider either Spit Up or Recover over Swallow. With Recover, you get to keep your Stockpile boosts while healing damage. Spit Up is for a surprise when Taunters and boosters think they can ruin your day. Basically every good Taunter in the game wrecks this set, though. Yes, including Tyranitar.

I'm gonna stop here since I can't really comment on the rest of this team, honestly. Not necessarily a bad thing, but there's too much of nothing going on, really. Clefable walls the snot out of your Sableye and Shuckle needs a different EV spread if you plan to deploy him in Sandstorm. Not to mention you probably have two not-very-good Sleep Talking options on him.

It's hard to give this team positive feedback--it's hard to tell what direction you're heading in with these guys. Like I said before, it just seems like there's lots of nothing going on, especially when fast Taunters basically dismantle everyone except your two attackers. And as far as they go, heaven help you if Gastrodon gets a free switch into your Mismagius' Thunderbolt. I'd venture to say it's game over from there.

Respond back, if you like, with what your general aim for this team is. It becomes easier to advise that way.

Kaleo42

Smash Apprentice
I really appreciated the advice I got last time on a team I thought of. I'm really enthused once again in Pokemon after learning I didn't have to grind 300 hours+ to have fun. =)

I'm not very good with the tier lists, but I tried to do all UU's.

Mr. Mime @ Light Clay
Filter
Bold
252 def, 252 sp def, 6 hp
Substitute
Baton Pass
Reflect
Calm Mind

funny little guy to open up with. i'm going for a setup for any of my other guys, dunno if i should replace reflect. i put light clay because i didn't want to use leftovers twice.

i'm personally not a fan of Mime cuz every one i've ever fought was as much trouble as a 2+2. i recomend different poke

Cradidly @ Leftovers
Suction Cups
Careful
Stockpile
Swallow
Sandstorm
Earthquake

i always thought stockpile was interesting and with swallow, it works out quite well. i just want to set up sandstorm up and maybe eq.

a strong fighting move or superpowered sp.atk and it's gone. cradidly can be a nusence but not much more, using one of these is asking for a MetapodvMetapod style fight. giga drain over EQ to avoid imunities.

Sableye @ Lum Berry
Keen Eye
Calm
Mean Look
Recover
Taunt
Night Shade

weakness to nothing, i couldn't resist. get a good mean eye selection, night shade + taunt could be disastrous.

these are only good when used in some crazy statagy, but for a pure attacker with it's low speed it will last no more than 3 turns, change the moves/ purpus

Arcanine @ Life Orb
Flash Fire
Jolly
252 speed, 252 atk, 6 hp
Roar
Crunch
Flare Blitz
Howl

my physical sweeper. i'm not sure if roar is very applicable, but forcing switch out sounds like a free turn for boosting. does howl raise attack by 2 stages?

I'm pretty sure Roar causes you to move last making your plan of free turns usesless, and howl is a waste of a slot. try choice band and switch into cradidly if it needs to escape.

Mismagius @ Choice Specs
Levitate
Timid
HP Ice
Thunderbolt
Psychic
Shadow Ball

very fast and awesome special sweeper.

I'm torn between CSpecs and Cscarf for this one, it all depends on who you fight, cuz it lacks unstopability (just thought that up) it doesn't pose a major threat to any and all like other sweepers.

Shuckle @ Smooth Rock
Sturdy
Relaxed
252 hp, 129 def, 129 sp def
Stealth Rock
Rest
Sleep Talk
Bide

i have no clue why others don't use this guy. he seems genius.. really! bide + stealth rock = someone forced to die.

i'm sry in advance... THESE THINGS ARE USESLESS!!!! unless used in trick room, i seriously think you need a diff poke.
sorry if i'm a little harsh, but i call them how i see them.

over all 5.893/ 10

Vro

Smash Lord
Thanks! I switched Shuckle and Cradily's sandstorm/stealth rock. My team was just supposed to be defensively speaking, the strongest types or sets I could manage. A lot of my team does seem meager, but I don't see any major glaring weakness except for my offensive abilities and my inability to take large physical damage.

I'm okay with using BL or UU, I just think it's unoriginal to use OU pokemon..

Perhaps I should give Mr. Mine Stoss or Psychic and either replace or completely rework Cradily. I've never used a Shuckle effectively, do you guys have any ideas or could show me a common move/EV set?

Also, am I lacking anything in particular? What are teams normally comprised of? Physical sweeper, physical tank, special sweeper, special tank, annoyer, passer? Are defensive teams worthwhile? etc..

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Defensive teams are only really worthwhile if you can rack up massive amounts of residual damage.

Things like spikes, poison, burns, stealth rock, and a few revenge KOs are what really make defensive teams anywhere near viable. This usually needs careful execution and plenty of planning, knowing who can switch into what and for how long.

As far as Shuckle goes, if you're not using Trick Room (which would actually be not a bad option for this team, I suppose, in terms of raw speed), then you want to focus on maxing HP and defense. If you're using it in sandstorm, you want to take a hefty chunk out of defense and work enough into special defense to get you a nice number for the sandstorm boost. Of course, the number you'll want to aim for depends on what you want to try to survive. STAB Choice Specs Draco Meteor (LOL @ that, Salamence gets rocked by Shuckle, LOLOLOLOL), Choice Scarf Earth Power, or maybe a 2 CM Surf? Whatever pkmn and moves you think will pose a specific threat that you need to beat, that's what you'll want to aim for. Keep in mind, Shuckle can reach just shy of 1000 special defense in sand, so you have quite a range to work with.

Moves for Shuckle are unclear, as he works at his best with Power Trick/Trick Room combinations. You can get creative with Wrap, Gastro Acid, Gyro Ball, Knock Off, Swagger, Toxic, etc. Mainly support stuff, but some stuff that does damage, too, so Taunt doesn't piss in your breakfast.

Vro

Smash Lord
thanks shiri, i updated while you posted it, but i get what your'e saying. i'm a little bit afraid of sandstorm to be honest, only 2 pokemon of mine can deal with it.. but i do need spikes + sandstorm to keep up the dps...

Kaleo42

Smash Apprentice
i was worried i came off too rude to be taken seriously, guess i was just right (too many people tiptoe around what they really want to say and i'm sometimes too direct for those people, your not one thankfully:)).

back to the piont, new team... UU 8.2/ 10 overall 7.5/10 (i don't mean against all Uber teams just higher 'tier' guys, i hate using that term)

Vro

Smash Lord
i probably should add more hazards, such as burn, spikes, and sandstorm..

bump

Top Bottom