• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UPDATED: My Project: M v2.5b build. With optional character textures.

210stuna

Smash Lord
Thank you so much Calabrel!
Out of all these gracious posts I've been making upon making my account today and lurking for so long, I can finally express my appreciation via posts now.

You by far have given me the most insight on modifying my P:M. So much that I had to upgrade my SD card not once, but twice! The upgraded stages replacing the wonky ones, and adding some serious music adds to the joy of everything the original P:M2.5b did with the latest update. With yours though, it's like you've taken my hacking virginity, and because of that I'm so grateful that I was able to stumble upon your thread one day and say "Hey I think I should try this out and see what happens"

BAM

I legend was played, and that was the master piece you set before me.

Up there, that is one of the best packs I've ever played, hell it's the only one I've played.
Can I ask when you'll upgrade this one, or make a new one?

Don't let the magic die, I don't want to wait another moment under the majestic midnight moonlight playing P:M without these glorious modifications.

Hack strong my friend, and never change.

Never change.

Calabrel

Smash Apprentice
Thank you so much Calabrel!
Out of all these gracious posts I've been making upon making my account today and lurking for so long, I can finally express my appreciation via posts now.

You by far have given me the most insight on modifying my P:M. So much that I had to upgrade my SD card not once, but twice! The upgraded stages replacing the wonky ones, and adding some serious music adds to the joy of everything the original P:M2.5b did with the latest update. With yours though, it's like you've taken my hacking virginity, and because of that I'm so grateful that I was able to stumble upon your thread one day and say "Hey I think I should try this out and see what happens"

BAM

I legend was played, and that was the master piece you set before me.

Up there, that is one of the best packs I've ever played, hell it's the only one I've played.
Can I ask when you'll upgrade this one, or make a new one?

Don't let the magic die, I don't want to wait another moment under the majestic midnight moonlight playing P:M without these glorious modifications.

Hack strong my friend, and never change.

Never change.
I should update this one, I don't have a whole lot of changes, but probably enough to warrant a renewal on this. It is important to note, however, that I applied and have been accepted into the Project M Backroom, so that's taking up some of my time now. I'm glad you enjoyed this work, and even more glad you expressed your joy so vividly, was refreshing to read :)

210stuna

Smash Lord
How exciting!

There's no rush, I'm sure many will stay satisfied with your detailed build.

Question though: Where would I go from the download to the SSS for their portraits and names on the SD card?

EDIT: I'm talking about the "hackless version". Would it be under the stage's .pac, or what?
Excuse my lack of knowledge about this kind of stuff.

Calabrel

Smash Apprentice
I really should pay attention to this more, I'm really sorry, been a busy month.

The path to the SSP files are:

\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\system\common5.pac

Once you open that with Brawl Box, expand to

sc_selmap_en > MiscData[80] > Textures(NW4R)

Then just highlight the different files in there to find the images you want.

Paradoxium

Smash Master
I just took like 5 stages from your build and dragged them into my pm build, but when I select them they all get stuck on the loading screen. Am I doing something wrong?

210stuna

Smash Lord
I just took like 5 stages from your build and dragged them into my pm build, but when I select them they all get stuck on the loading screen. Am I doing something wrong?
Could be which stages you dragged them onto, if it's not with the right .rel you might need to use the converter website.

I really should pay attention to this more, I'm really sorry, been a busy month.

The path to the SSP files are:

\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\system\common5.pac

Once you open that with Brawl Box, expand to

sc_selmap_en > MiscData[80] > Textures(NW4R)

Then just highlight the different files in there to find the images you want.
Thank you, I got it to work I had thought for sure that I replied back.

Regardless, thank you again.

Paradoxium

Smash Master
Could be which stages you dragged them onto, if it's not with the right .rel you might need to use the converter website.

Thank you, I got it to work I had thought for sure that I replied back.

Regardless, thank you again.
Wait, I needed to get the rels too? I only took the PAC files from his build.

210stuna

Smash Lord
Wait, I needed to get the rels too? I only took the PAC files from his build.
Pretty sure you need the .rel too, anybody want to back this up?
I know for sure if you get one of his stages say, one that goes over Mario Circuit, and you put it over Final Destination, then you definitely need to make a new .rel file from MC to FD for it to work.

I'll edit this post later with some help once I start working on my build again.

Paradoxium

Smash Master
It was the rels. Almost all the stages are working accept for one. For some reason the bowsers castle over Mario circuit does not work, any suggestions on this one?

210stuna

Smash Lord
Make sure you got the right .rel that came with his download, and the right .pac as well.

If you might has mixed some other one over another in the process of renaming the .pac or whatever, you can always go find the default P:M 2.5b download and replace that Mario Circuit stage and then try again.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I also want to confirm something. Say I only want the stage texture files and nothing else. If I drag and drop the stage .pac files I want into my SD card, I should be fine, right? Or do I need any .rel files? I don't have time to test myself, so I want to ask first.

So this wont work on a hacked wii, correct?

Correct.

DryBones87

Smash Rookie
Actually, I got this to work on my Wii with homebrew. I installed the hackless version of Project M 2.5b, with his mod and textures, and I just loaded it through Gecko. Only thing I couldnt do was copy the sound folder because it was too big.

Goodbye18000

Smash Rookie
I really like this pack! However, I do have a question. There are some skins I really don't want (All the ones based on real people, Stalin, Osama, and the ones like Bart or Cartman. Also Faceless Pit.) and I've been trying to replace them with other skins, but the character select pictures stay the same. Is it possible to remove/replace them, or is it locked to this pack?

Paradoxium

Smash Master
I really like this pack! However, I do have a question. There are some skins I really don't want (All the ones based on real people, Stalin, Osama, and the ones like Bart or Cartman. Also Faceless Pit.) and I've been trying to replace them with other skins, but the character select pictures stay the same. Is it possible to remove/replace them, or is it locked to this pack?
Yea, you can replace them just open up your common5.pac in brawlbox and look around for them. I haven't used bb in a while so I can't give you there specific location

Malart

Smash Apprentice
**EDIT**

I'll just patiently wait until you get a chance to update this for 2.6. Good luck with your PMBR duties :grin:

Neglectedpeach

Smash Rookie
I followed your instructions on how to get the custom character textures and they show when i change my characters costume on the character select screen but once the match starts there are no textures. im using the wifi set

Iredgen

Smash Rookie
What do you mean by "im using the wifi set"? It looks like you didn't replace the fighter folder properly (the in-game textures and character select screen pictures are stored in different folders and are independant of each other).

EDIT: If you're trying to add these custom skins to your current project M install, it won't work (getting it to work takes alot of effort and is a fairly advanced process). You have to download and use all the files from this thread with a fresh SD card. This also means it's not compatible with the current version of Project M (2.6)

Neglectedpeach

Smash Rookie
What do you mean by "im using the wifi set"? It looks like you didn't replace the fighter folder properly (the in-game textures and character select screen pictures are stored in different folders and are independant of each other).

EDIT: If you're trying to add these custom skins to your current project M install, it won't work (getting it to work takes alot of effort and is a fairly advanced process). You have to download and use all the files from this thread with a fresh SD card. This also means it's not compatible with the current version of Project M (2.6)
i meant i am using the wifi safe version but i guess my problem is the fact that i wasnt using all the files from the thread. But it won't matter because i am infact using 2.6

Calabrel

Smash Apprentice
Fans of my 2.5b build, you should know that very shortly after the release of the 2.6b patch that's expected to be released very soon, I will be releasing an update to this build. It's had a lot of work done to the stage and music aspects and is a lot more professional looking, I hope you will enjoy it. I'm not sure the exact reason, perhaps I'm just not that interested in doing character textures anymore or I don't feel as if there were very many good ones released.

If enough of you feel strongly about the character textures, I may update that version at a later time, but I wanted to let you guys know that I hadn't forgot about you.

Malart

Smash Apprentice
Fans of my 2.5b build, you should know that very shortly after the release of the 2.6b patch that's expected to be released very soon, I will be releasing an update to this build. It's had a lot of work done to the stage and music aspects and is a lot more professional looking, I hope you will enjoy it. I'm not sure the exact reason, perhaps I'm just not that interested in doing character textures anymore or I don't feel as if there were very many good ones released.

If enough of you feel strongly about the character textures, I may update that version at a later time, but I wanted to let you guys know that I hadn't forgot about you.

I don't have enough like for this.

Minor Pandemic

Smash Apprentice
Any chance you could shoot me a download for the Braid brstm you were using as menu music on your stream?

210stuna

Smash Lord

When is the changelog coming out for 2.6 anyways, that wouldn't come out after 2.6b right?

Malart

Smash Apprentice
I imagine they're waiting till 2.6b to release a changelog at all, since it's a patch, and there's really no need to worry about one for the non-current release. Maybe they'll go back and do one for 2.6 too. Or they'll release the 2.6 changelog as part of the 2.6b one.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
Any word on when the 2.6 pack is coming out? I'd like to use it for a smashfest I'm going to soon. :)

whatgoingon

Smash Rookie
is there a way to use this build with 3.02, I like these stages and textures but I would like to use 3.02. I also know you have a 3.02 version, I like that build but I prefer the old hyrule castle to the balanced version. Just curious, thanks for the awesome builds regardless.

Top Bottom