• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Updated 06/09/16] 19XXTE 0.11, ROM Hack (Working on Console!)

lzer0

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
LULZ#434
Think I have a solution. Theoretically, this allows for the creation of clones (i.e. Falco, Ganon, Dr. Mario, Young Link, Pichu) idk we'll see
Adding things is probably not something I'll be doing solely because I don't want a C&D from nintendo.
Just a nice reminder of what you said about adding content (that's NOT already in-game)

Also, It always bothered me that for whatever reason player's shield colors didn't match their player port properly like the following games does. P1 is Red, P2 is Blue, P3 is green I think, but P4 IS GRAY. ****ING GRAY. Iirc?
Instead CPU color should be always be gray, which holds true, but having P4's shield color as gray bothers me. I mean, you are Player Four, not a freaking computer player unit.
It should be instead: P1 Red shield, P2 blue shield, P3 Yellow Shield and P4 Green Shield.
Thing is, dunno if there exist a yellow shield in the game code somewhere, or a way to modify their colors. so It's up to you find that out. Also, I think you said you will NEVER fix timed stock matches results screen KO's, since we play 4P free for all most of the time and it's really sad to not be able to know how many kills you did to your or received from your friends.

One last thing, the 3 stages which were replaced (Sector Z, Planet Zebes and Mushroom Kingdom), will never be added back?
I don't care about Mushroom Kingdom, but, man, I miss Sector Z and even Planet Zebes when I used to play it with my friends.

ElViejoZunY

Smash Apprentice
Just a nice reminder of what you said about adding content (that's NOT already in-game)

Also, It always bothered me that for whatever reason player's shield colors didn't match their player port properly like the following games does. P1 is Red, P2 is Blue, P3 is green I think, but P4 IS GRAY. ****ING GRAY. Iirc?
Instead CPU color should be always be gray, which holds true, but having P4's shield color as gray bothers me. I mean, you are Player Four, not a freaking computer player unit.
It should be instead: P1 Red shield, P2 blue shield, P3 Yellow Shield and P4 Green Shield.
Thing is, dunno if there exist a yellow shield in the game code somewhere, or a way to modify their colors. so It's up to you find that out
+100

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE

Thing is, dunno if there exist a yellow shield in the game code somewhere, or a way to modify their colors. so It's up to you find that out. Also, I think you said you will NEVER fix timed stock matches results screen KO's, since we play 4P free for all most of the time and it's really sad to not be able to know how many kills you did to your or received from your friends.

One last thing, the 3 stages which were replaced (Sector Z, Planet Zebes and Mushroom Kingdom), will never be added back?
I don't care about Mushroom Kingdom, but, man, I miss Sector Z and even Planet Zebes when I used to play it with my friends.
No longer care about a possible but unlikely C&D since 0.9G contains pretty much every feature I'd add without worrying about it (minus the random music toggle).

I posted earlier asking about the shield colors and had no response so I didn't act on it. I'll look into it.

Not likely to your last two questions.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Code:
00 - unknown 1 (?)
01 - unknown 2 (?)

02 - dash attack

03 - forward tilt
04 - up tilt
05 - down tilt

06 - forward smash
07 - up smash
08 - down smash

09 - nair
10 - fair
11 - bair
12 - up air
13 - dair

14 - neutral b (ground)
15 - neutral b (aerial)
16 - up b (ground)
17 - up b (aerial)
18 - down b (ground)
19 - down b (aerial)

20 - grab

21 - unknown 3 (final smash?)

22 - empty
23 - empty
24 - empty
25 - empty
26 - empty
27 - empty
28 - empty
29 - empty
30 - empty
31 - empty
Getting polygon specials to work is incredibly difficult for a few reasons. The above table describes a word in RAM (4 bytes). Each player has their own word that determines which moves can be used and which can't based on which bits are active.

Code:
EXAMPLE

Polygon Mario
F___ F___ F___ C___ 0___ 0___ 0___ 0___
1111 1111 1111 1100 0000 0000 0000 0000

Mario
F___ F___ F___ F___ F___ C___ 0___ 0___
1111 1111 1111 1111 1111 1100 0000 0000
Alright so to get Polygon Mario's moves, I just change the word in RAM after it's been written. Easy.

special.jpg

But we have some issues.
1. If the original character isn't in the game, projectiles do not work. So you can recover with Polygon Mario but you can't throw fireballs. This is the issue Danny_SsB ran into years ago.
2. Not every character can use aerial down specials (Mario can, DK cannot). This makes the function I write much more complicated. More of a hassle than an issue.
3. Kirby. I don't even know what's happening with this characters specials. Giving polygon kirby specials and tying to use them just freezes the game lol.

tl;dr it's going to be even more work than I initially assessed.

Also, if you know what those first two unknown attacks might be, reply. It's not tuan, any of the ledge get ups, either roll, or either throw. I want to figure it out so I can further the claim that Sakurai wanted to include final smashes.

Attachments

Last edited:

lzer0

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
LULZ#434
Code:
00 - unknown 1 (?)
01 - unknown 2 (?)

02 - dash attack

03 - forward tilt
04 - up tilt
05 - down tilt

06 - forward smash
07 - up smash
08 - down smash

09 - nair
10 - fair
11 - bair
12 - up air
13 - dair

14 - neutral b (ground)
15 - neutral b (aerial)
16 - up b (ground)
17 - up b (aerial)
18 - down b (ground)
19 - down b (aerial)

20 - grab

21 - unknown 3 (final smash?)

22 - empty
23 - empty
24 - empty
25 - empty
26 - empty
27 - empty
28 - empty
29 - empty
30 - empty
31 - empty
Getting polygon specials to work is incredibly difficult for a few reasons. The above table describes a word in RAM (4 bytes). Each player has their own word that determines which moves can be used and which can't based on which bits are active.

Code:
EXAMPLE

Polygon Mario
F___ F___ F___ C___ 0___ 0___ 0___ 0___
1111 1111 1111 1100 0000 0000 0000 0000

Mario
F___ F___ F___ F___ F___ C___ 0___ 0___
1111 1111 1111 1111 1111 1100 0000 0000
Alright so to get Polygon Mario's moves, I just change the word in RAM after it's been written. Easy.

special.jpg

But we have some issues.
1. If the original character isn't in the game, projectiles do not work. So you can recover with Polygon Mario but you can't throw fireballs. This is the issue Danny_SsB ran into years ago.
2. Not every character can use aerial down specials (Mario can, DK cannot). This makes the function I write much more complicated. More of a hassle than an issue.
3. Kirby. I don't even know what's happening with this characters specials. Giving polygon kirby specials and tying to use them just freezes the game lol.

tl;dr it's going to be even more work than I initially assessed.

Also, if you know what those first two unknown attacks might be, reply. It's not tuan, any of the ledge get ups, either roll, or either throw. I want to figure it out so I can further the claim that Sakurai wanted to include final smashes.
So what happens if DK tries to use his Down Special?
I don't have any clue about Polygon Kirby's specials freezing, but I think is because since the character isn't in the game, the game itself tries to load something doesn't exist, in this case Kirby's Cutter as an object, idk just saying. Same thing with Stone, but for Inhale, well, that's pretty weird.

Last edited:

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
So what happens if DK tries to use his Down Special?
I don't have any clue about Polygon Kirby's specials freezing, but I think is because since the character isn't in the game, the game itself tries to load something doesn't exist, in this case Kirby's Cutter as an object, idk just saying. Same thing with Stone, but for Inhale, well, that's pretty weird.
DK using his down special is an immediate freeze. Kirby pressing down b as a polygon just shows what happens when he pr sees down and there is a character inside of him.

Am I not catching sarcasm or is this a legit method? If so, why would this work?
He's saying battlefield doesn't lag and therefore lagging in teams has been fixed

GFD

Smash Cadet
He's saying battlefield doesn't lag and therefore lagging in teams has been fixed
You sure? I also read that as "playing on Battlefield multiple times in a row before playing on other stages magically removes lag on other stages".

I see a lot of claims around here that sound a lot like placebo or pseudoscience, such as Battlefield's ledge DI being glitched, or the VC version having some kind of frame skipping issue, or doubles on console causing lag. While I don't doubt that such things are possible, I've never actually seen any evidence for any of these. People making these sorts of claims should be providing solid evidence, or else people trying to get into SSB are just going to get confused. Stuff like this I would be far more inclined to believe.

lzer0

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
LULZ#434
Battlefield is the only stage that doesn't lag in doubles? Or maybe Metal Cavern and Final Destination don't lag too?

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
You sure? I also read that as "playing on Battlefield multiple times in a row before playing on other stages magically removes lag on other stages".

I see a lot of claims around here that sound a lot like placebo or pseudoscience, such as Battlefield's ledge DI being glitched, or the VC version having some kind of frame skipping issue, or doubles on console causing lag. While I don't doubt that such things are possible, I've never actually seen any evidence for any of these. People making these sorts of claims should be providing solid evidence, or else people trying to get into SSB are just going to get confused. Stuff like this I would be far more inclined to believe.
I have no idea ir battlefield teams lags or not. I felt like he was trying to make you draw a comparison (like playing on a crt for an hour and then switching to an hdtv).

Battlefield is the only stage that doesn't lag in doubles? Or maybe Metal Cavern and Final Destination don't lag too?
None of this is confirmed

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
battlefield lags the least of all stages in teams, when you switch to another stage you notice the lag right away

try in on a console yourself!

Last edited:

Madao

ok then turn on hitbox mode and dont choose projectile charcters
So hitbox mode makes a noticeable difference on console? I know it does on emulator, but am just curious if the same is true for console. If it's true, then removing background stuff should make an even bigger difference. I can easily run Angrylion's plugin full speed with backgrounds removed.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
So hitbox mode makes a noticeable difference on console? I know it does on emulator, but am just curious if the same is true for console. If it's true, then removing background stuff should make an even bigger difference. I can easily run Angrylion's plugin full speed with backgrounds removed.
This is news to me. I'll look into it

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Wait I just re read that...What is your method for removing the background? Is this via plugin texture hacks or is their a gameshark code for it?

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
if you guys can figure out how to remove those moving stage animations in DL, that would be the BEST; i think they cause the most lag

all i remember right now is the stupid water

and if it gets figured out and done, maybe try crystal color changes to static color on metal mario stage???

Last edited:

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
I just threw together a ROM with a completely black background. Someone with an everdrive please test teams for me.

Edit: pm me

Last edited:

Madao

What is your method for removing the background? Is this via plugin texture hacks or is their a gameshark code for it?
I'm guessing you already got it figured out, but I just use cheat engine to remove background stuff. I basically found out how to do it, from those gameshark codes for editing training mode dreamland. I never fully removed the background (as in the sky color), but I was able to remove most of the background elements, although I never tested vs mode.

Capos

Smash Apprentice
Polygon special moves are in the works
If you get this figured out, is it going to be an option on the start screen or a complete change? I find the no specials polygons much more interesting than the specials.

Shears

Smash Master
Everyone wants all these changes but right now its basically just Jorgasms doing it all by himself. If you want to help out please donate. This endeavor is a lot of time and work and donations help encourage people to continue working and also allow them to take time out of work to focus on things like modding and a better 19xx. He is doing what no one else could do for years and things people have been begging for and hes been doing it for free. Donate at:

http://19xxte.onlinessb.com/

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
i would but dont hav credit/debit card at the most suggestions, playtesting, and encouragement

mnml

Smash Rookie
Apparently the latest version (0.9G) doesn't work with Wii VC. I know because I have just tested it. I think it has something to do with the Autoboot to Custom Debug Menu. Just random assumption, no clue whatsoever.
S̶o̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶a̶b̶l̶y̶ ̶W̶i̶i̶ ̶V̶C̶-̶u̶s̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶s̶t̶u̶c̶k̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶l̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶u̶n̶t̶i̶l̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶.̶ ̶G̶e̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶d̶r̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶s̶o̶l̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶d̶a̶m̶n̶ ̶e̶x̶p̶e̶n̶s̶i̶v̶e̶,̶ ̶m̶a̶n̶ ̶:̶(̶ ̶e̶i̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶W̶i̶i̶6̶4̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶W̶i̶i̶6̶4̶ ̶l̶a̶g̶s̶ ̶A̶ ̶T̶O̶N̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶t̶h̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶.̶
EDIT: As an alternative you can use Not64, an experimental modification of Wii64. I tested it with 19XXTE 0.9G and it worked perfectly, the framerate is smooth and the game plays almost flawlessly.
Out of curiosity, which version did you use? I managed to inject 0.5.3 (The only version below 0.9G I could find) into the VC Smash wad, which is nice because the controls aren't weird like with the Sin and Punishment injects.

I had a similar hunch about the debug menu causing issues, so I changed the value responsible for debug menu autoboot in the ROM (Address 0x00042CD0, from "04", back to "10" so it boots to CSS like 0.5.3 does). After fixing the CRCs and reinjecting, it still hung on the "Classic Controller" screen.

As a final test, I tried changing the autoboot value to "1B", so it boots to the "Press Start" screen like the vanilla ROM would. Interestingly, it actually worked... Until I pressed start, and it crashed too... Progress, I guess?

Cyjorg Cyjorg , do you still keep a .txt file documenting the patches used in the ROM, like in the old versions? It would really help narrow down the VC crashes in 0.9G.

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Out of curiosity, which version did you use? I managed to inject 0.5.3 (The only version below 0.9G I could find) into the VC Smash wad, which is nice because the controls aren't weird like with the Sin and Punishment injects.

I had a similar hunch about the debug menu causing issues, so I changed the value responsible for debug menu autoboot in the ROM (Address 0x00042CD0, from "04", back to "10" so it boots to CSS like 0.5.3 does). After fixing the CRCs and reinjecting, it still hung on the "Classic Controller" screen.

As a final test, I tried changing the autoboot value to "1B", so it boots to the "Press Start" screen like the vanilla ROM would. Interestingly, it actually worked... Until I pressed start, and it crashed too... Progress, I guess?

Cyjorg Cyjorg , do you still keep a .txt file documenting the patches used in the ROM, like in the old versions? It would really help narrow down the VC crashes in 0.9G.
I'm 99% sure it doesn't boot to the start screen by default but that's besides the point. I have a hook that loads code into the "free space" in the rom since it's not loaded immediately. This is namely for the music function.

What I'm saying is the game has to boot to the debug menu because I store a function over old debug menu space and then copy it in. That or figure out DMA which I don't understand whatsoever

Edit: also yes. There's a lot more to the code than what I had for 0.5.3.

Last edited:

mnml

Smash Rookie
the game has to boot to the debug menu
Forgive my ignorance, but how come if I open the patched 19XXTE 0.9G ROM, and I change this

back to this

The game skips the debug menu altogether, and boots to the N64 screen like normal? (Fully working too, as far as I can tell) Is it something emulator-specific? Sadly, I don't have an EverDrive to test actual hardware...

Oh, and can I see the 0.9G .txt file?

Last edited:

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
just sayin the most recent one before 9g was ultra smash bros if u want pm me

GamingMaster

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AbnormalAdept
as a suggestion maybe there could be an archive of older versions of 19xxte like on the website

amg

Smash Rookie
uh when I load the rom it shows this:

and this is what the rom directory looks like

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
Forgive my ignorance, but how come if I open the patched 19XXTE 0.9G ROM, and I change this

back to this

The game skips the debug menu altogether, and boots to the N64 screen like normal? (Fully working too, as far as I can tell) Is it something emulator-specific? Sadly, I don't have an EverDrive to test actual hardware...

Oh, and can I see the 0.9G .txt file?
It's like 8 files and like 200 lines of MIPS assembly. The issue isn't going to be solved by changing one thing either. 19XXTE is much more complicated than it was for the initial releases (pre 0.7).

Edit: and by has to boot to the debug menu, I've already explained in the above post. I copy code into another spot in RAM so even if you circumvent the dbug menu, the game will crash later when there's no code to run (since it was never copied into the new place).

as a suggestion maybe there could be an archive of older versions of 19xxte like on the website
I might open source it or at least throw it on github at some point.

uh when I load the rom it shows this:

and this is what the rom directory looks like
Can't use Jabo's Direct3D plugin. Try another plugin like glide64 or rice. Also, that's an RDB issue which Knitephox provided a fix for a few pages back

Last edited:
Top Bottom