• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UPDATE: El Paso, Tx SSBM Tourney RESULTS FIRST PAGE!!

NicholaiGinovaef

Smash Journeyman
RESULTS, RESULTS, RESULTS!!

Singles Tournament
1st. -- Tetsuya (Josh)
2nd. -- Nicholai (ME!!)
3rd. -- Isaiah (I think I spelled his name right... Maybe?)
4th. -- Vermillion
5th. -- Andrew
5th. -- ???
7th. -- Richard
7th. -- Frodo (Anthony)
9th. -- Afro Zero
9th. -- ???
9th. -- Chris of "Rainbows"
9th. -- ???

This is just off the top of me head. I don't have the brackets in front of me so anything after 5th place might be wrong. I think I have the placings right. If not, oh well.

The tournament ran fairly smoothly. We had about 35 people attend the tourney.

Quite a sad turnout compared to our usual 60++ participants, but it was still a good tournament.

It's about time we had another tourney. Most people here are already familiar with the rules and crap so I'm just going to give the basics.

Where: Major Players 1580 George Dieter (915) 849-6800

When: June 30th.

Time: 12:01 Pm. (Registration Begins At 10:00 AM and Will Close At 11:45 AM.)

Entry Fee: $7.00

Prizes: Cold Hard CASH BABY!! LoL.
1st. Place: 65%
2nd. Place: 25%
3rd. Place: 10%

Rules: 4 stock, 8min time limit.

Random stages: FD, PS, DL64, BF, YS, FoD.

Counter pick stages: None

Each person may choose to strike a stage from random select, but it will not be banned from the entire set.

Loser chooses stage from the 6 random stages. Winner can then change character, Loser may then change character.

You may pick the same stage in a set if you lost on the stage. You may not play on the stage that you won on unless the opponent aggrees.

Other Rules & Special Issues

Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc),
except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are
banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be
disqualified from the tournament.

Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use
third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you
are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to
use that controller any longer.

Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character
or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber
freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes
it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the
immediate forfeit of the match.

Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are
allowed as methods of recovery or to manuever around the stage. Using
them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as
droping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned.
Judges will be on the tournament floor can be called in at any time to
enforce this rule during a match.

Crying and/or whining is strictly prohibited!! Beating your opponent in the quickest time possible is highly encouraged, though.:psycho:

NicholaiGinovaef

Smash Journeyman
I forgot to add that you should BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We tend to get A LOT OF PEOPLE at our tournaments, so the cash prizes are usually very high.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I might be able to make it to this.

Trollthug

Smash Apprentice
looks like josh is going to win 2 tourneys within the span of a week. Grats josh.

AfroZero

Smash Cadet
Newcomer: AfroZero

I just moved in from Arizona. AZ from AZ will be busting some heads at this one, and I just may bring a few others as well.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Hmmm, I wonder if I should go to this tourny, its a few hours away...Im sure itd be easy pickings...How much are your 1st place prizes usually?

EDIT: Waaaay to far away after looking at a map, Have fun with your tourny guys.

Trollthug

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm, I wonder if I should go to this tourny, its a few hours away...Im sure itd be easy pickings...How much are your 1st place prizes usually?

EDIT: Waaaay to far away after looking at a map, Have fun with your tourny guys.
Dont bother coming , we dont need scrubs lol and tetsuya would just man handle your srcub *** so GTFO noob.

Sincerely,
Trollthug.

NicholaiGinovaef

Smash Journeyman
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

What a fool. I can't believe you think you are that good.

You'd end up wasting your money.

You are the craze!:psycho:

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
The prize money would barely be enough to cover my plane trip. Tetsuya sounds cool, but if he's not on the TX power rankings, then Im really not worried at all. I want to come, but thats a lot of money to go to a lil tourny like this one. Any of you going to 0C3? I can play you there if you want, if ya want, Ill even MM you.

Tetsuya, I wanna play you buddy! Everybody has a bad attitude, hopefully youll be nice to poor ole rasta.

Trollthug

Smash Apprentice
The prize money would barely be enough to cover my plane trip. Tetsuya sounds cool, but if he's not on the TX power rankings, then Im really not worried at all. I want to come, but thats a lot of money to go to a lil tourny like this one. Any of you going to 0C3? I can play you there if you want, if ya want, Ill even MM you.

Tetsuya, I wanna play you buddy! Everybody has a bad attitude, hopefully youll be nice to poor ole rasta.
Arent u going to the NM tourney? and if u are u can get OWNED there lol and then ill laugh at u, scrub. lol ^_____________________________^

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Thats actually conflicting with 0C3. See Im going to that tourny and that NM tourny is going to be a waste of money, especially when the people Id be going with would more than likely win that tournament with out any people getting in their way.

Ill still TRY and go, no gaurentees. If I do, Ill bring Pay$, I cant believe he lost to you since he ***** your climbers. I still havent forgiven Vegafuse for purposely losing that set so he could MM you later, smart thing of you to back off after he beat the best in the state with zelda.

EDIT: To the rest of you, I hope I can play you guys some time, I need to get out of the state more before 0C3. Im gonna need in since the best 2 in the state are going to AZ to train with Taj, Forward, and Trevyn before 0C3.

phantom_fox

Smash Apprentice
Wow, new guy from Arizona, eh? lol, what side of town do you live on, d00d, cause it would be awesome if we could get together and play. TOFU is the best in the city, so whenever you want to play, pm either me or trollthug.

Trollthug

Smash Apprentice
Thats actually conflicting with 0C3. See Im going to that tourny and that NM tourny is going to be a waste of money, especially when the people Id be going with would more than likely win that tournament with out any people getting in their way.

Ill still TRY and go, no gaurentees. If I do, Ill bring Pay$, I cant believe he lost to you since he ***** your climbers. I still havent forgiven Vegafuse for purposely losing that set so he could MM you later, smart thing of you to back off after he beat the best in the state with zelda.

EDIT: To the rest of you, I hope I can play you guys some time, I need to get out of the state more before 0C3. Im gonna need in since the best 2 in the state are going to AZ to train with Taj, Forward, and Trevyn before 0C3.
blah blah, i ***** gay $, actually i got him out of the tourney lawl clearly that was vegagay's plan to lose in a tourney which he traveled miles and miles just to MM me later? lol. man rasta your one ****ing idiot , atleast come up with better excuses lol. what are u going to tell me next, that they were sandbagging the whole tourney also?? lawl .trollthug out .^____________________________________^

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
That depends, how much did vegafuse want to MM you for?

It had to have been quite a bit otherwise it wouldn't make much sense to travel all the way from OK to NM just to MM Trollthug for a small amount of money. Also, if Vegafuse wanted to win money that badly then wouldn't he have just decided to take the tournament and win $300?

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Hmmm, you talk as much trash as T"G"M does, I dont expect you to be any better. Seems the worst in the state talks the most trash. Could I talk to somebody a bit better in terms of skill.

Pay$ actually tells me he 3 stocked your ICs, and on the last game you both had 1 life and as soon as he respawned, like a *******, he dashed off the edge.

For the actual GOOD members of the TOFU crew, cant wait to play you guys. Ive seen some of your videos, even old they look pretty good. I heard bad things about NM, but that just must of have been Troll.

EDIT: No no no, you got it all wrong, as good as he is, he quits when he knows he cant win. If he would have beat Troll, then he would have fought Enix Moogle and he knew he couldnt beat him. His "plan" was to lose to him and then mm so he could leave with some money, but he said "I was stupid and MM ABP first and then he backed out".

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Just tell Vegafuse that if he wants to win some money then just mm Kash.

Lol, he beat ABP with Zelda! I cannot wait to see OK in action at the tournament, you guys must be really good.

NicholaiGinovaef

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: No no no, you got it all wrong, as good as he is, he quits when he knows he cant win. If he would have beat Troll, then he would have fought Enix Moogle and he knew he couldnt beat him. His "plan" was to lose to him and then mm so he could leave with some money, but he said "I was stupid and MM ABP first and then he backed out".
I smell... Excuses...

:psycho:

Just admit. The better person won. Losers.
:psycho:

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Haha, its hard to feel good about beating him with as much as he sandbags. Yah, thats how you can tell he sandbags, he doesnt even play zelda...Well he might have that week, he changes his roster every week or so. Yah, but its pretty fun playing him, if you want a real challenge, if you guys can come, at OHSNAP3 tell him to play Pichu. Sadly the only person thats gonna be able to make is South Paw, and he isnt even sure.

Haha, yah NG, you guys are just Too Good (Hope some OKers come here so I wont be the only person laughing at that joke).

Trollthug

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm, you talk as much trash as T"G"M does, I dont expect you to be any better. Seems the worst in the state talks the most trash. Could I talk to somebody a bit better in terms of skill.

Pay$ actually tells me he 3 stocked your ICs, and on the last game you both had 1 life and as soon as he respawned, like a *******, he dashed off the edge.

For the actual GOOD members of the TOFU crew, cant wait to play you guys. Ive seen some of your videos, even old they look pretty good. I heard bad things about NM, but that just must of have been Troll.

Actually i had 2 lifes with like 50% and he had 1 when he killed himself, so either way i would of won heh. and trash talking is fun cause its just a game and its funny seeing u guys react lol but if u scrubs go to the NM tourney ill be happy to play gay$ and vegagay again.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
So no OK at either tourney, or what?
Definitely none at the el paso tourny, way to far away. South Paw might make an appereance though. Troll, if Pay$ can 3 stock your ICs (Im surprised he didnt 4 stock you) and you only play ICs and Sheik, I am 100% going to beat you. No joke, I will beat you if you play either of those characters. Vegafuse will be able to beat you with Pichu, he beat Enix Moogle's ganon with Pichu, Im sure your match will be no different.

Troll, this is how confidant I am that I will beat you. It was said the tourny 1st place prize was $300, I will be more than happy to MM you for $300.

Trollthug

Smash Apprentice
Definitely none at the el paso tourny, way to far away. South Paw might make an appereance though. Troll, if Pay$ can 3 stock your ICs (Im surprised he didnt 4 stock you) and you only play ICs and Sheik, I am 100% going to beat you. No joke, I will beat you if you play either of those characters. Vegafuse will be able to beat you with Pichu, he beat Enix Moogle's ganon with Pichu, Im sure your match will be no different.

Troll, this is how confidant I am that I will beat you. It was said the tourny 1st place prize was $300, I will be more than happy to MM you for $300.
Ok then u **** go to NM tourney and we can smash all we want geesh , i only played gay$ once with IC and im pretty sure now i can own him since ive been training better. I three stocked Gayfuse's falco also with my IC. So are u **** coming to the NM tourney?

pay$$$

Smash Rookie
HEY TROLLFAG if i play you im going to four stock YOU!!! i just had to come back to smash boards when RastaImposta told me that you were talking trash about me you ***** *** ****er. i haven't been on smash boards for a long time but you made me come back!!!!
i hope to see you trollfag at OHSNAP3 because i challenge you trollfag to a 50$ MM how about it or are you a ****ing little ***** *****?!?!?!?!?!?!?!????!!!!!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Listen up, I dont want to start anything, youve escalated in terms of trash talk and I dont really like it. I didnt see where you said you accepted my $300 mm, and if you do accept and when I beat you and you dont pay...Have somebody there to hold me back so I dont beat the **** outta you and steal your shoes. We can lower it, Pay$ offered you a $50 mm, and since you claim to have ***** him (he will beat your ICs 100%, you better go sheik), I think $100 should be good? It doesnt seem like you are sure you can beat me since I offered that large amount of money. Maybe the people in your crew should tell you to stop talking so much trash before you out a good deal of money or you get hurt.
Vegafuse will 4 stock you with Pichu, Pay$ will 4 stock you with falco, if you were in OK, you wouldnt even be on the power rankings. As I see it, you arent even on your own state's power ranking.

Please TOFU crew, you need to get your buddy to stop talking, he cant back anything up and he is bound to get hurt.

Trollthug

Smash Apprentice
Listen up, I dont want to start anything, youve escalated in terms of trash talk and I dont really like it. I didnt see where you said you accepted my $300 mm, and if you do accept and when I beat you and you dont pay...Have somebody there to hold me back so I dont beat the **** outta you and steal your shoes. We can lower it, Pay$ offered you a $50 mm, and since you claim to have ***** him (he will beat your ICs 100%, you better go sheik), I think $100 should be good? It doesnt seem like you are sure you can beat me since I offered that large amount of money. Maybe the people in your crew should tell you to stop talking so much trash before you out a good deal of money or you get hurt.
Vegafuse will 4 stock you with Pichu, Pay$ will 4 stock you with falco, if you were in OK, you wouldnt even be on the power rankings. As I see it, you arent even on your own state's power ranking.

Please TOFU crew, you need to get your buddy to stop talking, he cant back anything up and he is bound to get hurt.
ill be more than happy to MM gay$ for 50 bills , idk bout 300 lol and i can talk as much crap as i want . u guys didnt answer my question, are guys coming to NM tourney?

phantom_fox

Smash Apprentice
lol, Trollthug will do what he wants so just deal with it. Nobody has authority over him, save for himself. And BTW, no one is gonna be hurting anyone. Talk all the shet that you want, but don't go and threaten people, that's just stupid.

Now, the only way I can see this being settled is if we actually play smash. I sincerely hope that all of you OK guys make the tourney so we can end this argument.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
I want to go to it, but it really does conflict with 0C3. Gotta save up my money, cali is expensive. I gotta pay for: Food for myself + 10 animals (hell yah, reptiles ftw), gas (****), new controller(s) along with paint. Im gonna try and go to it if my car will make it, I might be able to make it, I dunno.

Normally I dont say things like that, if he accepts my $300 mm (which he should since he thinks he's so good) and doesnt pay when I win, I just dont know what I would do...Yes I do, and it wouldnt be pretty. Smash is a fun game, but it leads to violence, I can only be happen when compared to Halo 2.

You guys wanna come to OHSNAP3? Bring Tetsuya.

Trollthug

Smash Apprentice
I want to go to it, but it really does conflict with 0C3. Gotta save up my money, cali is expensive. I gotta pay for: Food for myself + 10 animals (hell yah, reptiles ftw), gas (****), new controller(s) along with paint. Im gonna try and go to it if my car will make it, I might be able to make it, I dunno.

Normally I dont say things like that, if he accepts my $300 mm (which he should since he thinks he's so good) and doesnt pay when I win, I just dont know what I would do...Yes I do, and it wouldnt be pretty. Smash is a fun game, but it leads to violence, I can only be happen when compared to Halo 2.

You guys wanna come to OHSNAP3? Bring Tetsuya.
you make it seem like im just going to take ur beating for not paying u lol ill fight back u idiot lol INTERNET IS SERIOUS BUSINESS, anyways i just like trolling and if i offended u or gay$ im sorry then, can we just all get along and smash it up??? ^__________________^

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Whoa, hold up everybody. Rasta, I don't think Vegafuse would like having you make money matches for him. NM, Trollthug especially, I've never met any of you guys so I can't speak for your skill, but I know the skill level of most of Oklahoma. I'm not here to start anything since I can't attend your tourney, but if you guys aren't doing anything in early August, come up to OHSNAP 3.

I'll be glad to MM any of you guys if you show and I wanna see Rasta and Pay$ get four-stocked, maybe?

By the way, Vegafuse and South_Paw are TOO GOOD... lol.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Im not making MM for Vega, these are all MM from me to troll. I still havent hear a no Troll. Ill let you decide how much you want to MM, dont talk **** if you cant back it up buddy. Even if you appologized, the MM is going to happen, choose your price, cant be less than $10.

Po, the tourny this saturday is MINE, just wait for me to tell you, it will be pretty tight when I win it. South Paw? Whos that, oh that guy that Im going to **** in the tourny, I gotcha.

As for the rest of NM, no hard feelings, except to Troll, I look forward to a tourny where we both attend. 0C3 maybe...?

theFiend123

Smash Cadet
Hah, the internet is too funny. EP owns all.
EP smash players are the best...in their basements. and they own their little NM neighbors, and that's it.

as far as state smash goes, in texas you guys are at the bottom. 0 appearances at any major tournament in texas. 0 appearances at any major NATIONAL tournaments in the U.S., and if you guys did have any national appearances I didn't notice because none of you did anything worthwhile enough to make even a small name for yourselves.

you guys thinking playing in your little group of smash friends is enough to be truly skilled in this game probably, just like every other scrub smash player in the U.S. rofl.

normally i really don't give a **** about matters like this but ep seems to have the largest scrub / skill ratio that i've ever seen rofl. basically you guys have the most scrub with the least skill.

by the way you guys still have a $200 crew money match with the "mainstream" texas players crew (according to DoH at least who i was talking to recently. i just found out about this match yesterday). that's getting taped for sure, whenever it happens.

lastly, this post is not meant to support Rasta and his crew. i've never met them, i have no affiliation with them.

i was just making the observation that you guys talk a lot of ****.

you might beat rasta and vegafuse and whoever...honestly i don't know, i've never met them.

the only thing i'l lguarantee is you will lose that $200 money match vs the bets texas players.

NicholaiGinovaef

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, YOU **** EL PASOANS!!

Wait...

Ummm... I mean, **** YOU OKLAHOMOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We'll beat you silly. No doubt about it. All Rasta does is make excuses for this and for that.

We'll see when the tournament comes around.

Fiend, go play with your Barbie doll you fairy. This does not involve you.

If you wanna shut us up, then bring the "bets" players in Texas over here so they can lose.

1 Love(FOR ALL!!).

V3RMILLION

Smash Apprentice
EP smash players are the best...in their basements. and they own their little NM neighbors, and that's it.

normally i really don't give a **** about matters like this but ep seems to have the largest scrub / skill ratio that i've ever seen rofl. basically you guys have the most scrub with the least skill.
Lollerblades! I'm better than you! And I can win with one hand! I'm the best player in Texas! Ah ha ah ha ah ha ah ha!! $200 is nothing! Lets bet $1000! We'll win cause we're the best!! Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to take a ride on my Lollercoaster. The Fiend is a tard!! Yay!

Trollthug

Smash Apprentice
Im not making MM for Vega, these are all MM from me to troll. I still havent hear a no Troll. Ill let you decide how much you want to MM, dont talk **** if you cant back it up buddy. Even if you appologized, the MM is going to happen, choose your price, cant be less than $10.

Po, the tourny this saturday is MINE, just wait for me to tell you, it will be pretty tight when I win it. South Paw? Whos that, oh that guy that Im going to **** in the tourny, I gotcha.

As for the rest of NM, no hard feelings, except to Troll, I look forward to a tourny where we both attend. 0C3 maybe...?
stfu i can talk as much **** as i want wtf are u going to do about it ?? lol. ok then ill MM u for 11 dollars no wait how bout 1 billion??? INTERNET IS SERIOUS BUSSINESS. noooob ^______________________^ and if u do beat me o well life goes on, im still going to talk **** cause its fun :p. theres more to life than smash lol

Top Bottom