• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Update 1.10 - (Patch not online atm)

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
since the Update will be either today or tomorrow, I though we can create this in before hand there we can discuss what we want for buff/nerf until the update!

Will update the OP once we get the information about the update

EDIT: now that Update is up, there seems there are not directly any changes damage/knockback wise.
might have some IASAS or some changes in framedata

Confirmed:
Cannonball +2% (from 6-18 to 8-20)
Spotdodge and Rolls I-frames reduced from 20 to 19

Need to be confirmed:
MechaKoopa Knockback first hit decreased so it Links better

Last edited:

Super ninja panda

Smash Rookie
Faster grab he needs a decent out of shield option. Make his fair have much less ending lag in the air so he can do stuff like a fair and a nair in one short hop.This might seem a lot to ask but can they make the mechakoopa run faster

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
I can always dream but I want SideB to be able to shield cancle during the speed, meaning he can shield during the SideB and use his quick OoS options
or make his cart jump cancel has same attribute as normal jump, so he can JC into Grab or JC into UpSmash. that would increase his approach options alot
Faster grab he needs a decent out of shield option. Make his fair have much less ending lag in the air so he can do stuff like a fair and a nair in one short hop.This might seem a lot to ask but can they make the mechakoopa run faster
his Fair is already SH cancel and is a great spacing tool, however his Landing FAir should have less end lag by alot while NAir should be SH able

Super ninja panda

Smash Rookie
That's not sensible if that did happen he would have one of the best opproch options and move to top tier
and then get nerf really hard like what they did to sonic or Diddy kong I think slowly buffing him till Sakurai thinks
he's mid tier is a better idea.

Last edited:

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
not necessary OP or top tier but it would really increase Jr viability.

I am sure it will not happen but I would like his SideB having a bigger Super Armor zone on SideB and that its stronger. I want it to cover his whole body and can ride through falcos laser

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
Reduced endlag on Mechakoopa would be nice. I've stated this already on my own thread, but Jr. doesn't like to move until the Mechakoopa does, which is weird to me. He should be able to act out of it as soon as the Mechakoopa hits the ground.

FlabbyOrb

Smash Cadet
NNID
amacadaeg
Did anyone actually test?
because neutral B buffed -> does 8-20 % instead of 7-18%
this wasnt noted in the reddit patch changes because dantarions source didnt include projectiles

down throw nerfed -> 7% instead of 8 %

i think if they nerfed the damage of down throw they shouldve gave it less knockback so its a combo throw

Mr Moosebones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Moosebones
Did anyone actually test?
because neutral B buffed -> does 8-20 % instead of 7-18%
this wasnt noted in the reddit patch changes because dantarions source didnt include projectiles

down throw nerfed -> 7% instead of 8 %

i think if they nerfed the damage of down throw they shouldve gave it less knockback so its a combo throw
Down throw hasn't done 8% since the first patch.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
this might be a really placebo effect and needs really confirm, but why does his SideB to UpB combo seem to work at later % than before? (not the UpB itself)

I know that 70-80% was a great start % for mario for the SideB to UpB combo to work but now it feels like 85-100% is the proper % for SideB to UpB combo! (the UpB still kills)

if the SideB got a less Knockback nerf, it could be a buff cause it will "kill" properly instead for having that "gray" zone between 90-130%

EDIT: Full Speed SideB still kills mario at 210 with no DI but No Speed SideB kills Mario at 294% with no DI instead for 298%

need confirmation

EDIt2: discard this post, all placebo

Last edited:

Mr Moosebones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Moosebones
First one is probably a placebo. Side b to up b is super inconsistent outside of a moving 3-5% window as the match progresses so I would consider it a placebo until the data is dumped.

Last edited:

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Guys, stop. The data was dumped already and it is 110% confirmed that Junior received no changes. Everything else you are talking about is simply placebo effect.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
not the cannonball tho since now it kills at 72% at the ledge max charged instead for 102%
Actually you may be right about the cannonball due to Dantarion's list not including projectiles. Still, other than potential projectile changes, Junior is definitely unchanged.

FlabbyOrb

Smash Cadet
NNID
amacadaeg
Actually you may be right about the cannonball due to Dantarion's list not including projectiles. Still, other than potential projectile changes, Junior is definitely unchanged.
I said that in my post. Please go test it out yourself. there is a clear damage increase and you will see you no longer get the old 7% uncharged and 18% fully charged

Mr Moosebones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Moosebones
Yeah it'll be useful for netting early kills vs baddies or occasionally if you make the hardest read possible.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Cannonballs got buffed! :4lemmy:

Might have more reward now to chip in extra damage via trying to are control via uncharged floating balls.

FlabbyOrb

Smash Cadet
NNID
amacadaeg
since the Update will be either today or tomorrow, I though we can create this in before hand there we can discuss what we want for buff/nerf until the update!

Will update the OP once we get the information about the update

EDIT: now that Update is up, there seems there are not directly any changes damage/knockback wise.
might have some IASAS or some changes in framedata

Confirmed:
Cannonball +2% (from 6-18 to 8-20)

Need to be confirmed:
I believe the mechakoopa also autolinks better now. the initial flip up always connects with the explosion now even at on a 999% jigglypuff with DI. before the explosion would wiff sometime or a light character would be able to escape the explosion because of the knockback of the first hit. This wasnt in dantarions list because mechakoopa is also considered a projectile

Mr Moosebones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Moosebones
I believe the mechakoopa also autolinks better now. the initial flip up always connects with the explosion now even at on a 999% jigglypuff with DI. before the explosion would wiff sometime or a light character would be able to escape the explosion because of the knockback of the first hit. This wasnt in dantarions list because mechakoopa is also considered a projectile
Will have to test this but it's really interesting if they made the first hit fixed knockback.

FlabbyOrb

Smash Cadet
NNID
amacadaeg
Last edited:

Mr Moosebones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Moosebones
Bizarre that that's enough to change the properties so drastically. There must be other stuff he hasn't dumped yet.

Good find though, man.

Mr Moosebones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Moosebones
Guess this has implications for the nearly-impossible-to-set-up footstool>mk>footstool trick. Not going to make it easier to actually land but at least it'll be consistent throughout all %s (or it'll stop working entirely).

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
looked more closer into the command file. it appears to be the I-frame change on his Rolls and spotdodge (everyone got one minus frame so its global)

however, since the MK is an item and all items are stored seperatly IIRC, meaning its still unclear that MK did get a buff or not! we need to datamine all the items there the items belongs

Last edited:

FlabbyOrb

Smash Cadet
NNID
amacadaeg
does anyone have a 1.0.9 version of smash to test this tho?

Top Bottom