• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Upcoming Mod - Brawl Reverse

Airslash

Smash Journeyman
http://www.speedyshare.com/BtD8z/Brawl-Reverse.txt - Alpha Changelist - to download, click the name of the file.

You think Project Melee is different? Wait to you see this ~
(Logo is in Alpha too)
This is a new mod, to be a hybrid of Melee (not p;m) and Brawl Minus, however, it will somewhat as much of a hitstun/gravity change as p;m but not the same degree, and it won't be powered up as much as Brawl Minus.

Any help is appreciated, suggestions are taken 100% under consideration, and the demo is expected in July.

This project will have MANY moves replaced, it will include at least 7 unique stages and it will seperate all Pokemon Trainers, ZSS + Samus, Zelda + Shiek and will include popular textures for characters.

Many moves are to be replaced, improved, our goal is to make a game that is nothing like smash, but completely unique and repeatable.

We also plan on allowing full customizability.

If anyone is willing to help and get on board with coding this project, message me and we'll talk.

(Work on this mod was started two days ago by my friend Sinister, he's an IRL friend. [not on SWF])

-- -- UPDATE - 6/18/12 -- --

The mod is reaching a point of it being stable between Mario and Luigi.

Elaborations coming, uploading a video to VIMEO/YOUTUBE for PUBLICITY, the DEMO will be out within 31 days.

// The current status of this mod is almost ready for testing, anybody who would like to test please Personal Message me, you'll be give the file, and distributed the file, currently it is "homebrew/gecko only" for the test version, but our demo will be hackless as well.

Mera Mera

Smash Journeyman
I posted this on the brawl mod without a name cause it looked like you might merge, but I suppose I should post this here.

-- Mario --
not sure what fireball cape means... if it's just a fire cape, I will say that adding random elementals does make a hack look far less professional, but it might be fine here.
Please elaborate on the grounded down special more.

-- Luigi --
I like the sliding down smash idea; it's very fitting of his character.

-- Yoshi --
For the egg roll, I assume you mean super armor, which isn't a bad idea... you should be able to grab him out of it though (which super armor allows for).
I think a bigger explosion, which be more canon (black yoshi from yoshi's story) would work best.
The nado seems out of place and I don't like the idea of adding a random factor personally... random can be done right, which would be a post in itself for when that is, but in this case I suggest just have it happen always or not at all.
I could be wrong, but I think the Yoshi's side-aerial-special you suggest is currently impossible to add...
I'm not sure why you would nerf his grabs so badly... I thought grabs were one of the main draws of playing yoshi. If anything I would expect a buff of sorts, like making chain grabs at low percents or on good reads/ bad DI.

-- Donkey Kong --
Personally, I think you should keep his gournded up-B
Not sure why his aerials are being buffed so much and his ground moves are being nerfed so much... 10% is a lot.
Also, I think you underestimate how long 10 seconds is for grounding... and if down smash grounds, what's the incentive to use side B? or are you replacing this?

-- Captain Falcon --
ALL moves spike? Could make an interesting tech chase character, but if all moves serve the same function, he might be a bit silly... also, it would really hurt his ability to chain things the way he does... I would hope it's not literally all moves.
Knee of justice is a "smsmash?" ...is it not forward air now? Please elaborate.
Only 5% faster on Falcon punch probably wouldn't need the nerf of higher end lag, it's not enough of a speed buff to make it much more useful... if you speed it up enough I could see this though.
The fire trail sounds awesome for falcon kick... an aerial cancel for this move at any point would be cool, though I would make it a jump cancel and then not have it give a jump back (unless maybe you let the move complete?). Canceling at any point for the grounded version would make it probably next to unpunlishable... Brawl- has it so you can jump cancel it towards the end and that alone is pretty ridiculous... it'd be fine if it were cancelable on hit though. Minus wanted to do this but they couldn't get it to work for some reason... it's possible though, I'm pretty sure.

-- Kirby --
The paralyze effect could be cool... is it a reference at all?
I'm not sure the pan is possible... Same with the spawning stars down special.

Last thing... what do you mean by "allowing full customization?"

Also, what work do you have done so far?

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Guess we've got a new tier for the hierarchy, assuming you finish this:

Project M>Melee>Brawl->Brawl+>Balanced Brawl>Reverse Brawl>vBrawl

Airslash

Smash Journeyman
Just a heads up, this project is very much still alive; expect updates.

I will make sure this project does not die, even if I work on it all by myself.

So, I really am going to need some extra set of hands, we use http://www.minus.com and http://www.skype.com as programs to collaberate, Minus is basically a private/public file, text, image and video sharing site... you'll be given the pass and invited to the skype group

This project has not yet merged with another.

Soulrack18

Smash Cadet
Hey man anything you need just ask> im available for testing. Idea on psa i got too been doing it for a while.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Well, I'm interested in playtesting, but I'm a NTSC-U brawl player.

Top Bottom